Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Suspense....

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Suspense....

Post by random_monkey »

SHUN!

Get it?

Anyway, I need some help with suspension. Everything I try makes the car jump up and down like a retard on a pogo stick...

I'm looking for pretty much rock hard suspension, as it doesn't have any at all...

So, any help guys?
random_monkey
n3wton
Wasted!

Re: Suspense....

Post by n3wton »

like a retard on a pogo stick...

:rofl: wish I could help monkey, but am utter shit! :grin:
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

pogopogopogobounce

pogo the monkey?

oh, well.
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Not like I know what I'm doing or anything (I thought YOU were the groove guru!) but the thing that immediately comes to mind is setting 'suspension travel' to zero, then if that doesn't work turn it way up... Either that, or just plain delete the 'suspension' grroves and change the groovyfunkrefs in the parts list to -1.

- CD
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

- pft no...

Anyways, it's not the groove I mean. It's the bit that says 'suspension give' and 'damping factor' - there's 4 in total, one for each wheel.
random_monkey
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I've gotten the retarded pogo thing happening if just one of the settings on the same axle doesn't match the other-I mean when it's not exactly the same-the car boogies and flips all over the place.

Like if the suspension give on the two front wheels is .009 and the left rear is .009 and the right rear is .006, f'rinstance. Damn car won't stay on the road a-tall-even when stationary.

I usually make this mistake when editing the suspension and miss an entry.

If it's not that causing the problem-then I dunno...But I DO know this will cause that.

I want rock suspension I just set all travel to 0. But I leave the damping at the stock setting.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online