Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Skins

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Re: Skins

Post by autopilot »

A boring silver color swap for the hawk! (also got rid of that annoying 'urine advertisment' in beaver city) :thumbsup:
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

Head to head huh?

who is gonna win!?

nice skin Auto...and if i can see...the vanagon in the back is "wearing"that crashed skin right??

hehe...no im not a "eagle eye"...lol

[url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url]
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Yes!, tis 'nicely charred'! as econo would say!
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

Hey , Autopilot! :smile:

Is it okey if I release a skinpack I made for your mks2003? :confused:

Was planning to mail it to newton and ask if he could host it on his site.

But I want your permission first.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

:eek: it's hawk 3-like. looks better than the yellow i guesses!

Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

Got one word for it: "COOL!" :cool: :thumbsup:

The JuDdErMaN
mechanic

Post by The JuDdErMaN »

hi econobrick

i think ya got the wrong end of the stick m8 :smile: no worries about it though, let me straighten this confusion out as it might get me in some deep shit if i dont :smile: ......

i said '' found on ADR's Vette in the first place '' which the chrome paint skin effect is, i didnt mean that ADR's vette was the first on to use it, i know the effect has been around for some time and this is no where near the first car to use the effect :smile:

and i was using ADR's vette as an example becasue for the flip paint effect to work you need to use the chrome paint effect for the base which is on ADR's vette in the first place, i used this car so folk had something to relate to, and as the car isnt that old and its easy to find for them so they can experiment with the flip paint effect thats all i meant by it.

i know the car is a user of the effect not the creator, hope this clear things up ?

sorry about the confusion econobrick :rockon:

have a good one.........if not have a cold one

JUDDERMAN
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

looks to orange for me but other than that it is cool
Still lazy.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

looks more like the skin of the Hawk from C2... it looks better, but i like the yellow skin idea mutch more... as its the original collor
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Slayer
hit n run

Post by Slayer »

judderman i'll add your stuff soon, as i have things to add of my own as well, send me more skins you have if you want too...

Chrysler FIREpower:) crashoc
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

On the Hawk (4? 5? whatever...) I think maybe a slightly more orange yelow than the original would be better than that yellow dye #5 orange. Maybe make it look like the whole thing's gold-plated... I'd have to look at it, it might be too bling gold plated. On the other end of the possum, the original Transformers had a gold-plated VW Beetle around 1990 or so, so maybe 'bling' isn't the word. Hmm, of course, looking at the squishy bit in the middle, it's not like Goldbug is exactly a great milestone in toy or car history, being nothing more than a minor remold of Bumblebee (the head was different) aside from the gold-colored chrome plating.

- CD
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

My newest skin.

comments?
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

i like it it is awsome
Still lazy.
The JuDdErMaN
mechanic

Post by The JuDdErMaN »

hi slayer

thanks for the reply m8 i didnt think your where about, oh and thanks again for hosting my skins no problem about being busy, maybe not a bad thing as it means we got some more good old fashioned metal coming our way :smile: what we got in store m8 can ya tell us or is it a suprise ? either way itll be cool

have a good one.......if not have a cold one

JUDDERMAN
CarmaHolik
turbo bastard

Post by CarmaHolik »

Not bad, Oblivion. Not bad at all. I like that colour combo! :thumbsup:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I like the colour combo, but it looks a little plain for a rally car... maybe put on some more advertisements?

Also, the vw bug in transformers wasn't gold, he was yellow :/
random_monkey
TomeX
2xfeet drive

Post by TomeX »

Since when rally cars have NOS? OK, im not countin those hill climbin'n'other wacky cars.
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Hasn't anyone ever seen the Hawk 3 that comes with c2?!! that's what that skin supposed to look like....not friggin' bling crappe! :oops:

And the goldish yellow it comes with is the exact same color as the original hawk from c1! I wouldn't have done it any other way!
classicdrogn
driver

Post by classicdrogn »

Quoth the Monkey:

Also, the vw bug in transformers wasn't gold, he was yellow :/
Originallly, yes, Bumblebee was yellow. In The Return of Optimus Prime pt 1 he got trashed, and in pt 2 he was rebuilt with a slightly different head and gold colored plating, to match the toy's rerelease coated in gold chrome.

Sayeth Econobrick:

Hasn't anyone ever seen the Hawk 3 that comes with c2?!! that's what that skin supposed to look like....not friggin' bling crappe!

And the goldish yellow it comes with is the exact same color as the original hawk from c1! I wouldn't have done it any other way!
a) I know what the Hawk 3 looks like, I just don't like it. Admittedly, part of that might be how much of a letdooown the car in general is as a sequel to the Hawk and Hawk II, where the Eagle III has a recognisable design lineage at least. My feeling is that like C1's ED-109 in the Tashita, the car released as the Hawk III was a last minute substitue for one that wasn't finished or looked crap - more likely wasn't finished, since previous Hawks were based on the Eagle with a relocated cockpit, and if I was making a game with time pressure high I'd concentrate on making opponents rather than a second start car, espescially if the interface elements for different start characters weren't there yet anyway.

b) I said it might not work with a gold-plate look becuase it might be too bling. I agree, bling is crap, like rice is crap. Dropping loads of cash to make a shitbox into a kinda sorta luxury car or kinda sorta sports car is stupd when you could have bought a real luxury or sports car for about what you've paid by the time it's done.

c) I thought the original hawk wasn't quite so light - maybe it's just the rendering engine though, like how C2 makes my Tanto look slightly purplish-metallic on the lightest blue parts. Even if not, I always kinda wished the original was a little more golden too.

- CD
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Tomex: Who mentioned NOS? - I didn't say 'crap', I said 'advertisements' :P

I have the rally on now, and the cars have far more advertisements on than that, hence my suggestion...

they've got like, marlboro, TOTAL, and so on...

Also, the flag for the nationality of the driver... even if it is a skull and crossbones or something :smile:
random_monkey
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

better?
thrill2kill
turbo bastard

Post by thrill2kill »

hey oblivion may i suggest sum new rims....it would look better anways i like the skin
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

Here's a skin of mine. I like it.

[image]http://www.cwaboard.com/ubbthreads/atta ... nsaved.jpg" border="0[/image]
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

original... and its good :cool:

nice work man
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Heres a skin that I am pretty chuffed with, it's for the corsica:

Please gimmie your comments, I wanna give it to N3wton as soon as possible.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

I wanna give it to N3wton as soon as possible
Is that one of his conditions for accepting skins? :wink:

Looks nice, but I don't like the way it's all too contained.. if you ran the flames off the sides of the bonnet onto the fenders, it'd look nicer :lol:
random_monkey
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

it looks evil with all the blood and stuff
Still lazy.
K@VeRa
motorised death

Post by K@VeRa »

this skin have arund 3 weeks(yeah dammit i have lots of them that u dont know,59 to be exact)

now i will start to post the pics of my skins here,if someone steal any idea of my skins u already know that i have the skin done by now...lol..im kidding...

enjoy it or not...i like this small Milk wagon!

[url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url]
...why do we keep writing things down here...?
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

moo moo milk... haha, sweet skin
Oblivion
turbo bastard

Post by Oblivion »

looks great!

A little to qute for carmageddon though....... :lol:
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

It's just that I want to get it out of the way, and released. I think it's better than my last flame skin.
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Ow damnit... almost forgot my first project! It is done for a while, so I was making screenies for the 'Green Dream Team'. Find out how stupid they are by checking out the attachment... lol.

Greetz, nWo4life

Ow, the download will be online soon, I have to zip them, make a txt file and upload them. Esspacially the last thing could a long while with the stupid host! And oh yeah... this 5 skin pack will compete in the CWA Yearly Awards :wink:
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

it is awsome i want it :grin:
Still lazy.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Thanks Bruner :wink: I actually thought nobody would like the idea, because ervery skin looks almost the same... But hey, I'm getting a little bit better in making light reflections and all other effects on the skins. When you look at my first skins ad this it is a damn real improvement. But again thanks for the words bruner!

Greetz, nWo4life
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

well its better than anythin i ever made or skined so that making them awsome
Still lazy.

Check who’s online