Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Car Design/Modeling Contest.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Burner
driver

Car Design/Modeling Contest.

Post by Burner »

I started a car design contest recently on another forum( http://forum.mm2c.com/viewtopic.php?p=76573#76573 ), and I thought I might try and see if I can get other modelers from other communites to participate. The purpose of the contest is to build a car of your own design in any 3d mdoeling program. Now, rather than grade the model on how good it is alone, the model will be graded on many aspects of its design, like attractiveness and effectiveness of the design. While how you model it will be judged too, it is not a large portion of the judging. The good thing about this is that instead of having one overall winner, the judging can be broken down into many categories and have a winner and runner up for each category. This will give everyone more of a fighting chance to have their car excell at something someone elses doesnt instead of just having one person blow everyone esles away.

The Official rules:

1. The car has to be an original design if your own. May be based off real cars to an extent, such as an imaginary concept vehicle of an old car, a Boyd Coddington style hotrod(as it has influences of real cars, but is an original design). Completely original is a plus. There is no limit to how wild you can get.

2. The car has to be scratchmade by yourself.

3. Each person who enters may enter 2 separete versions of their car for judging. Such as a convertable version of the coupe, racing version of the stock, etc, but must be the same car. You cant enter two completely diferent cars.

4. You may use an older original model to finish up or make better .

5. The contest is over September 1st.

6. Judging will be done publicly. You can either post a link of your model if your are willing, or you have to submit enough pictures for the judging topic. Pictures have to include at least 2 wireframes and 2 flatshaded pics, (one front and one back), along with any other amount of pictures you want to show off your model.

That's it.

Each car will be graded on in the following categories:

Design: 70% Of Overall Score.

Originality of design.

Creativity of Design.

Attractiveness of design.

Functionality of design. Ex: will an engine supposedly fit under the hood line; If the car were real would it be a nightmare to drive because of huge blindspots and small windows etc.

Model Part: 30% of score.

Poly layout. The neater your wireframe looks, the better.

Flatshading.

Textures/texture mapping

Reflections

And there will be the "best in show" car, the car that is most well liked by everyone regardless of how many categories it excells in. Ex a car that doesnt win top honors in any category can still be best in show

You can post your updates in this topic, or the on the original forum. If enouigh people enter here Ill post a judging topic here as well, with models from other communities tp be judged form the ones here.

I already finished my entry, here are a few pics of it:

http://nfsfactory.gamigo.de/georg/pics/camfin1.jpg

http://nfsfactory.gamigo.de/georg/pics/camfin2.jpg

http://nfsfactory.gamigo.de/georg/pics/camfin3.jpg

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Re: Car Design/Modeling Contest.

Post by Kruszchev »

coolis... but DONT count that ill participate... im buisy learning 3dsm 3.1, whit some help from beroc and tony
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Great concepts man, something like what Ford did with the 2005 mustang.
Tortured-x
pedestrian

Post by Tortured-x »

i got a design i wanna try and get out, but it's gonna take forever to do

still gotta try and learn 3d max properly
Burner
driver

Post by Burner »

Thanks :smile: I designed it to "compete" with Fords new mustang concept. I think GM should have tried doing something like this car instead of doing the SSR. I cant believe they replaced the Camaro with that, and it only appeals to a small group of people, it prolly wont sell as much as the "poor saled" camaro. Id like to see if I could sell the design to gm, after I find some way to copyright the design, so they couldnt just steal it and leave me out... Based on the reactions Ive gotten so far, I think it would sell very well. I havent had anyone tell me they disliked the design, everyone so far has loved it :smile: Id like to see you design a modern mopar for the contest, Im sure it would kickass, give my camaro some "real life" style competition :lol:

For those who dont know max, the car can be designed in any 3d program you are familiar with. Id like to see more people from the Carmageddon community design some stuff, as Ive seen some pretty original and wild cars released.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

I read that entire thread of the MM forums, and yeah, Burner, you really should send them the designs, after you copyright them obviously :lol:...

btw... I might enter the contest... if I'm not too lazy :wink:...
PumaY2K out.

Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

MM3 has just come out on xbox, its a xbox only at the minute, bought it the other day, its ok, the damage system is pretty cool, but the handling of the cars are a little crazy! overall its a decent game :smile:
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Been thinking about making something like that based on a mopar E body ('cuda and Challenger), but I still don't have a clear vision of it... I'm sure that I'll base it on the Challenger, but that's all for now... it's just a matter of inspiration :wink:

Anyways, good luck copyrighting that model, I'm sure the guys at GM would be interested in that design... if they haven't already done something like it.
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Been thinking about making something

well now we know who's gonna win! :crazy:
What's Carmageddon?
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

OK. Firstly I want to say WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! This should be a really cool contest. I can't wait until I see what ADR has up he's sleeve (if he's gonna make anything)
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

I'm joining too!

I made a first-gen firebird based model in the last few days. Needs some more work, but you can already have an impression of the idea.

I'll be off for vacances for about 3 weeks, after that you'll get more pics (wireframe etc.)

But now look a the attachment! (u may have to wait shortly cuz it' about 80 kb)
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

took a look at the pick... purely evil look

BTW, how are you going to judge... i mean juding a standard car agains a apoc type car wont be the easiest to know wich is the best of the models... and finding a jury (if you wanna have more than 1 pep in the rulig) who are know the deal whit moddeling and are unpartial (that means if they like somone more eaven if the car isnt as good as the others, but still the favored "developer" will win)
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
MuscleCarFreak
speed freak

Post by MuscleCarFreak »

Kruszchev - You're right, it looks evil :mad: (hehe)! That's the appearance i wanted to effect, cause i think it's typical for pontiac and american design in general. And that's one of those things you can even make with modern design.

BTW: Have you watched Matrix Reloaded? The few seconds with the black firebird were the best of whole movie! :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

i havent seen the new matrix movie... but i wanna
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

The front of the car looks soooo good!

One thing that annoys me about pontiac, cadillac etc. is that there new cars don't even resemble what the older cars look like. But this car still has a good feel to it. GOOD JOB! AND CHOICE!
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yer right, Dementor... Caddy is trying to outdo Buick in catering to older baby boomer golfers and pontiac is trying to reinvent the Corvette, it seems-and failing miserably.

I think however that the new Chevy Impala is the greatest insult to an old classic car name ever made except for the old economy Nova made back in the eighties, or the FWD LeMans from the same era.

Methinks the trouble might be that the designers are mebbe too young to really remember the spirit that these classics embodied.

("Oh, yeah, Biff, I think the Impala had some round taillights-really BIG ones").

("Sure, Brad, lemme just break out my BIG RED CIRCLE clipart tool and fix that design- The 20something soccer moms are sure to LOVE this new and improved version of a great classic...Besides, people nowadays on average have the attention span of a sand flea and only buy stuff for the name on it.")

*Puking.....*

Nice design ya got there, Burner-I gotta see what I can come up with from an old Kustomizer's point of view :smile:

***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online