Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

slashing vette named slashette

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

slashing vette named slashette

Post by Kruszchev »

s m, the wagon is comming (i hope) sience the mesh is completed, only the skin to go... thats up to random monkey... ill post some uppdate picks as fast as i get some picks of the skin from random...

anyway... to the real post... sience i got bored... i started a new model... its a 90s vette mudrunner (what does a mudrunner do... doh <= "homer simpson sound")

andyway pick here...

Polys at the mom 3330 (i set a limit on a max 4500)

took me actualy 2days to make... what can i say.... free from school and... yeah i got plenty of owertime
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Re: slashing vette named slashette

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

good work.... it is nice to see you have a good firm grip on 3d.... lord knows I have seen some bad stuff around here... course... now you know that the skin needs to be kick ass on this... :lol:

Can't wait to see the finals....
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

Ditto...I would agree...and I would also add that I think if you used a different set of rims it would make a good model great....some ideas...maybe even a double rear rim like on a shorty mack for the rear, but more importantly a different poly model; i would advise since it is such a monster,..and wheel models so often get over looked since people like to reuse the same pattern...jus my 2 cents :wink:
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Ahh... Corvette... now that's a car!
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

the wheels are not the ones im going to use... been thinking about wheele blades... and a screwie levie drill in fron (in the hole ya can see in the front)

if ya wanna give me tips about the rimms (im not sure what ya mean) send me a pick... or why not post the pick
"One chicken in a thousand is hatched near a road. One in every ten thousand of those ever tries to cross it. Half of them are run over by cars."
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well. im here again...

whit a uppdated pick... and new tires... TOTALY custom made for this car... (dont kill me now... they are on about 400 polys eatch)

the wheels took me 50mins to make and fitt to the car... (the fenders will be slightly remade, to fit the wheels)

now the polycount is 4250 polys... slightly hig... but i think ill do ONE verson whit lesser polys (well other wheels, whit less polys... the chassy has about 3k)

i upploaded also a pick whit no chassy so yll se the inside... and what it contains...

NOW tell me what ya think (if the wheels are better than the original ones?)

Now there is not mutch more to do on the car (jises 2nd hig quality (i would call it hig quality) car in 2 weeks... then its skinning time...
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Looking Good!! Well Done Mate! :shock:
doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

very creative vehicule

whith usa flag skin is were be cool
M®. £üñ¢hßØx
WetDogx2

Post by M®. £üñ¢hßØx »

You should just release the wheels as the car. That'd be bizarre.
HAHA OMG I NEVR KNO WUT 2 PUT IN THIS THINGS!!11 LOLZ!111 OMG FUXXORZ IM BAD AT HTIS
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

USA flag skin on a corvette?

cos *thats* not been done before :/
random_monkey
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

USA skin, as random monkey said... it has been done before... that is not so intresting to make... till ill have to remake the rear a little bit...

been thinking on a dark purple colur on the skin (one collor i always liked the 90s vette)
road raged psycho

Hmmm... I am seein Purple or dark blue, with cracked paint, mud splattered everywhere, burn marks... Post Apoc lookin... maybe the top a bit faded from sunlight
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Beroc i see a big smile on yr face... or am i wrong?

atleast ya gave me some tips about the skin (actualy ive been thinking that IM going to make the skin to this one... ya now gotta learn it sometime...)
road raged psycho

Post some pics as you go... I am sure people here can give you some advice....
Tactical Police Demolition Unit
Guerrilla Kop

Post by Tactical Police Demolition Unit »

That car looks kick ass!!! :smile:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

well. here is a pick on the progress... its a muddied skin

(the reson that the pick is brightend is that when converting from bmp (as my scrn shot prog makes)) to gif... the pick gets darker... so i enlightend it (so ya can see the mud, but the purple is actualy darker... but clear... took me 2 hrs to make it this far)

road raged psycho

hmmm.... the mud looks a bit uniform.... make large splatters, caked on mud... like it's been through a mud bog... I am sure you can find all kinds of stuff on line for that... Add some shading... it looks very flat.... you need to give the illusion that it is solid.... flat colors in games ususally turn out bad. And finally.... Crack the fiberglass.... make it interesting... Photoshop has alot of tools which you can use.... I am sure whatever program you are using has some of the same stuff...

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

hmm. ok, well i basicly use paint shop pro... and photoshop, Actualy i suck at skinning... maby ya or someone could help me whit learning the programs and some tips
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

and how the hell beroc did ya get the pick (remember the i meen the PIC) so mutch better than the original skin to the car? and the pick is also more clear than the original pic
road raged psycho

I just copied it and used a level adjustment in Photoshop, I adjusted the darks where they were darker, and the lights where they were lighter, and maybe played with the middle a little, nothing I dont do for any cars I post on the net.... just to make em look better.

As far as skinnin is concerned... check out the photoshop skin tut I did on the LOD files page.
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

ill do that... but at the moment im preparing files (and a new version of the ranger MK2 (again yes)on the reson that i actualy cant relise the ol model sience it has sutch modeling flaws, and so did the uppdate, so i made a new one... new "totaly skinnable tiers" and polycutting in thousands) for a uppdate at CRUD (mb.polygonized.com)
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

ahh, it hasnt happend mutch on the car or the skin for that matter...

But i started on a new basic look (a urban cammo skin that also will be in the zip file)

thats all

ps ITS A BASIC LOOK nothing more
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

Shade the sides a little darker and add some highlights like those found in the edited pic above and it'll look a lot better. the main problem w/ the skins you're showing is contrast- just tune it up a bit and you'll be making decent skins ( given that you also create a sense of light by making the car mor than a flat all-around tint) Just keep working at it and GET PHOTOSHOP OFF OF KAZAA and definately check out beroc's skinning tutorials at lod- they're really good. The model is so awesome- I just hope you release it w/ a good skin.:/
What's Carmageddon?
road raged psycho

Sorry, I am gonna have to be against that skin.... repeating textures don't look good on a car to me at all... It does need the illusion of depth regardless... You seem to be struggling with it... Give me an email and I will see if I can give you a few pointers and such....
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

as i said in the earlier post... I SAID BASIC look, BASIC not the complete look... anyway it dosnt matter cuz my comp is broken... kaputt, dont work...

I have photoshop... so ya know

Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

... kaputt
deine (e?) komputer ist kaputt? das ist zu schlect. wienerschnitzel wolkswagen wie was wenn wo!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's Carmageddon?
road raged psycho

LOL... calm down dude... I am only thinkin that as it sits, it is not very attractive, by all means make it better... :wink:
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Beroc i dont know if ya mean that i should calm down... well i wasnt specialy calm wen i wrote it... sience my comp was fuc*tup....

well i got the computer working (AT LEAST, took me 6hrs):grin:

BUT one problem... I have 2 hard drives, and one of them (the one that contains allmost everything) cant be read by the new OS on the other hard drive (i used win98 on the "important" disk that donst work :mad:, and i use win2k Now on the new install...) i dont know how or what i should do... exept find a comp whit win98 and then copy everything i think is important (ok 5gb) to CD´s...

sience i cant install win98 on any harddrive :crazy:
road raged psycho

Win 2k sees fat 32 drives all day long.... why cant you see your old drive with Win 2k
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

actualy i have not a single idea...

go to this site if ya wanna know what problems there are on my comp (sience i wrote the message, just under my other nick)

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/wi ... 1043530424
road raged psycho

Couple of things to try... take the IBM hdd and put it as a master on the second ide chain, see if win2k sees it that way, if not make it the slave, you may also want to try getting another drive, as the ibm may be more a problem than you can handle.... I can find you a boot disk for Norton Ghost, that will allow you to back the imb up to a fat32 drive, or a set of cd's depending on it's size of course.

Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

Look what i made today...!!!

i managed to get my lasy ass infront of photoshop and do some skinning... i have to make the slashette completed for once... Still that goddamn stearing wheel is missing (been forgetting to make it for about 3wheeks now)

Anyway Comments...

doomandemol
69et01

Post by doomandemol »

in resume is the skin for this mad vette

good
Kruszchev
Proffesional Maniac

Post by Kruszchev »

this is the skin that will be used...
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

nice! :grin:

Check who’s online