Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmanoob frustration

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Angyl
mechanic

Carmanoob frustration

Post by Angyl »

Okay, I used the Search function to try and resolve an issue many Carmanoobs like I have when attempting to add new cars to their game.

I've downloaded and installed Carstockalypse. I've got a file full of downloaded vehicles that are stunning to look at and am amazed at how many of them are simply free!

I suspect I've not done something obvious, but this is how I understand it works, normally:

1 - download Carstockalypse and install it as per the instructions.

2 - download the car/s you want.

3 - Unzip said cars and transfer to your root Carmageddon file (the same location you installed Carstockalypse to), e.g. D:\Program Files\Carmageddon II Carpocalypse Now

4 - Open up Carstockalypse and hey presto, the new car/s should appear ready to transfer.

5 - Click the '>' button to get the cars in the game and close Carstockalypse.

6 - Open up Carmageddon II and have fun smashing things in game!

However, I seem to be unable to get step 4 to work :confused: Has anyone done a step-by-step guide to how cars _should_ be added to the game, and if so where might I, and other Carmanoobs, find it?

I wondered if perhaps one can only add cars once one has completed the game, but that makes little sense to me since you should still be able to add them, even if they end up as AIs for you to attack and surely wouldn't prevent Carstockalypse from actually seeing the new cars.

Although this post is partly a :help: it's mainly to try and consolidate the information on adding vehicles to Carmageddon II with a clear walk-through for those of use who are Carmanoobs to all this.

Thank you in advance, all you lovely, lovely people :smile:
Beep! Beep! SPLAT
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Carmanoob frustration

Post by TTR »

Many cars? All Carmageddon cars are free to my knowledge...:grin:

Step 4...did you extract Carstockalypse.exe into the main dir of your C2?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Considering how many problems people have with Carstockalypse, I don't know why they don't just do it manually. It is very easy.

If you ran Carstockalypse your DATA.TWT should have gotten "unTWTed". If not, you can get the extracted DATA files here at Savage Elve's

Open the .C2C that came with the car with NotePad and copy the contents. Then open the OPPONENT.TXT

Note: the number at the beginning is one greater than what appears in the list, because the first car; Eagle is "0"
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Tsk tsk tsk coffey - even you should check your spelling! :lol:

The best thing to do with Carstockalypse is to remove the DIGGA car, because there's no .TWT file for it within the CARS folder.
Angyl
mechanic

Post by Angyl »

I was expecting some of the cars to cost at least a small donation, considering the hours of work involved, hence my surprise at excellent quality free goodies.

As for step 4, yes I did :smile: Just trying to figure out how to make things work now...
Beep! Beep! SPLAT
Angyl
mechanic

Post by Angyl »

Okay, well that makes sense but I suspect I shall have to review this once I've completed the game and can access all available vehicles, or at least get to a point where the installed vehicle shows up as at the moment, I can't tell whether or not it has uploaded correctly.

Thank you for the guide though, I'd been worried about altering file information in that way up until now.
Beep! Beep! SPLAT
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

@ Angyl: Well, editing the files is pretty much the point for most of us!! :smile:

@ Jon606: eh? What spelling errors did I make?
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

"paste text FORM c2c here"
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Actually the c2c file part is a form, no? :smile: It then could be that :thumbsup:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

LOL, you should be a lawyer. Sometimes my fingers are dyslexic. I was trying to say 'from'
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

:thumbsdown: No I don't want to be a lawyer! :lol:

And off-topic a little bit, I have 2 PCs - the newer one has S.O.D. on, and the older one has C2 on - but they're both as good as each other really!
Angyl
mechanic

Post by Angyl »

@ coffeycup: All fixed, works fine now, bit frustrating that I have a 63 car limit and that I seem unable to overwrite the original unnecessary copies of the Eagle car (you know, all the different coloured ones?) but apart from that it's all fun :smile:

Beep! Beep! SPLAT
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Good! Though I have 129 cars, but I add them manually without using Carstockalypse.

I think there's a certain range with the number of opponents where game crashes, but once you get past it the crashing stops and all is good again.

Make a backup of your opponent txt and add a shitload more (for a total of 100 or so) manually and see if it works.
BioHazard911
driver

Post by BioHazard911 »

I freakin hate the game when it just crashes when loading a race! i tried putting in the cars one by one, but it crashed after loading! maybe i missed something? :confused:

ill try again soon

Check who’s online