Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

More opponents and peds

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
uncletoucan
mechanic

More opponents and peds

Post by uncletoucan »

Is there any way to add any more opponents and cars to a level any help is greatly appreciated
Tarquin
hit n run

Re: More opponents and peds

Post by Tarquin »

Yes there is,

To add more opponents, simply go into your Carma2 data folder and look for a file called "races.txt"

Near the top will be this:

// DEFAULT PARAMETERS

5 // Default number of opponents in first race

11 // Default number of opponents in last race

0.5,3 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in first race

3,6 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in last race

0.8 // Opponent nastiness influencer for first race

5 // Opponent nastiness influencer for last race

Then just change the values on the left relating to the text on the right.

I have 15 opponents for all my races so I changed the first 2 values on that list to 15.

Note: on my game I couldn't have any more then 15 opponents without problems occuring, 16 would work but there would only be 1 lap to the race, 17+ always crashed the game upon entering the map.

However, I can get 25 opponents in a map but to do this I had to change the race type from "carma" to "cars". That meant the only way to win that match was by wasting all opponents.

For that you can go as high as 29 opponents - 30+ would crash with an error of "out of funk / groove tables" but 29 cars screwed up the timer so I played it safe and went to 25.

As for more pedestrians, you'll need to edit each race txt file themselves.

If you want to add more peds to the official carma 2 tracks then you'll need to extract the files from the twt race files and then edit the main race text file in that. Somewhere in that txt file is all the stuff about ped placements and amounts. Just increase the amount of peds per squared miles and that should do it.

After editing it you'll then need to repack the contents back into a twt file with the same name as the one you extracted from.

I.E: If you extracted stuff from newcity4.twt then after editing the files, pack them all back into a twt file named newcity4.twt

Note: You can't have any more then 2000 pedestrians on a map but don't worry about getting the limits right, the game simply wont add any more peds after it reaches the 2000 limit so there's nothing to worry about.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

one note: you don't have to repack the files back into a TWT. Once I've unTWTed a file, I usually leave it.
uncletoucan
mechanic

Post by uncletoucan »

Thanks for your help! just one more question how do i unpack the file you guys said?

I tried adding more opponents but it didnt work heres what my races.txt looks like

0 // Race to start new game with (development only)

// DEFAULT PARAMETERS

15 // Default number of opponents in first race

15 // Default number of opponents in last race

0.5,3 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in first race

3,6 // Softness,hardest rank of opponents in last race

5 // Opponent nastiness influencer for first race

6 // Opponent nastiness influencer for last race

coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Use TWTSuite it's probably at Crashcopalypse.

There's already many threads about this,

please start using the search page this site offers
Tarquin
hit n run

Post by Tarquin »

Well if that isn't working for you then look further down the races.txt file and you'll see some info about every race. Amongst some of the things are "number of opponents", defautly they're all set to -1 which uses that default value I told you to change but here you can change them manually and wont effect any other race.

Its just a pain because you now have to go through all the races and add in the number of opponents you want and there are 30 + 10 missions (well for me there's only 1 misison in the entire game and 39 normal races :tongue: )
uncletoucan
mechanic

Post by uncletoucan »

I tried that too it still doesnt work maybe i need to reinstall carmageddon
Tarquin
hit n run

Post by Tarquin »

I tried that too it still doesnt work maybe i need to reinstall carmageddon
Then your game isn't reading form those files.

Do you have Carstockalypse installed?

If you do then run that from your main Carma directory, it'll also pull out all the main files that you game will use such as the opponents.txt, races.txt ect...

After that, then try and edit the files and see if it makes a difference.
Sordos
mechanic

Post by Sordos »

Fire in Hell, its hard to kill every damned little fuck on some Roads and he want MORE :supercrazy: :rockon: :lol:

Check who’s online