Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Rumours of an online patch???

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Jon606
hit n run

Rumours of an online patch???

Post by Jon606 »

Hey there, I heard that there was going to be an online patch for Carma 2 so that you could play online with total conversions of the game (e.g. S.O.D.). Is this true?

Please reply with any info you have on this.

Thanks,

Jon606
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Rumours of an online patch???

Post by coffeycup »

eh, I don't know where you heard that. Maybe you're thinking of C2O? It isn't a patch. Do a search on C2O for a shitload of threads.
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

Can't see it, need to be reged.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

yea, I don't want to register either, Jon can you paste it in here?
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Oops, sorry.

Here's the bit regarding the network patch from Freddy:

Network play does not work, so don't try it, however someone is working on an online patch for Carmageddon II, and I have been told if it works with Carma2 it will work with SoD, so watch this space...
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

He's indeed talking about what CoffeyCup described above. It's still rolling! So keep a-watch! :rockon:
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Woah! It's been a while! :wink:

I hope that C2O comes out as one of the best modifications for Carma 2 ever!

(although Carma-Life 2, now THAT looks well good!)
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

what is SOD ?
Festae
hit n run

Post by Festae »

Freddy's Conversion.. The banger racing mod.. or am I incorrect and lying out my ass? :rofl:
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Freddy's (old) site is called SoD (seduction of destruction) as well. :wink:

Did he put it back online too actually, after I saw him here a couple of times recently?
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

No, he hasn't put the site back up for a while.

Here's the archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.s-o-d.co.uk
eviladam
hit n run

Post by eviladam »

Eh... when this patch comes out, Would I have to reinstall carmageddon2 to normal?
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

I've got no idea.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Pretty sure this will a seperate install, like CL2 is.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

It ain't a patch, it's not a seperate install..

It's a stand alone program that when you run it and connect to a hub/server/person you get downloaded what the person is using (map car whatever) if you don't have it, i think best would be to seperate install Carma 2 when it's out to be clean and from scratch.
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

It ain't a patch, it's not a seperate install..

It's a stand alone program that when you run it and connect to a hub/server/person you get downloaded what the person is using (map car whatever) if you don't have it, i think best would be to seperate install Carma 2 when it's out to be clean and from scratch.

I don't understand what you mean by that last bit about reinstalling C2... :confused:
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

If the C2O program comes i think it's best to make a SEPERATE C2 install.
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Oh I get you now.
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Hi,

Noticed this thread...

In answer to the how C2O is packaged/installed:

C2O can be installed into a brand new C2 installation, or one that has many addon cars or tracks installed already. Problems will only arise if your game has been modified more than this e.g. general.txt, powerup.txt, car/track editing beyond their original specification. A game which is modified this heavily will not pass the initial anti-cheat validation...

However... there are profiles. For example, different languages of C2 have their game files slightly modified to one another. The US Human game files have some slight differences to the German Alien. Changes between versions ARE supported, and this is activated when you install C2O - by choosing what version of C2 you have. In a similar way, Game Modifications are also supportable through profiles. So, if you are installing C2O over C2ADV, selecting e.g. USH = US HUMAN for language, and C2ADV for modification will ensure that your configuration passes the anti-cheat validation... providing it is not modified any more than this.

So, what i am saying is... modifications (total modifcations) ARE supported. BUT i will require the modification to do this. Turn around time is fast, since it is only a matter of uploading a few files to the master server.

I have no idea what SOD is, but i can certainly include support for it if you can point me in the direction of the mod download etc.

James.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

The Banger Racing mod can be found at Wasted and The Spray Shop.

I believe that is all. There are a few others, but they either dont work or only have an old version.
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Yeah - Crashocalypse only has v3, as does Driven to Destruction.

Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Thanks for the links, downloading now!

i'll post a message on here once i have taken a look and added support...
Daza18
pedestrian

Post by Daza18 »

Hows the online suppport for sod coming along?
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Hey again,

Just to confirm that support has been added (actually quite a while ago now). More info will come shortly now that the site transition is completed.

James.
Dalags177
driver

Post by Dalags177 »

how long (estimate) will it be for it to come out / finish ?
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Well the site is back at long last, including C2ADV. I think i will keep it running locally at my end, it's been working quite well.

As for C2O, i've made some decisions as you will find on the news page of Masters of Mayhem. I am going to push for the release ASAP, regardless of what needs finishing. I am going to (day by day i hope) review each feature, and decide whether or not it is viable to leave it enabled for the first release. I will also be publicing the outstanding updates and improvements that i hoped to get completed for the release, and will be deciding which ones could be finished (in terms of days rather than weeks).

Ultimately i want to get C2O as complete as possible, but also as stable as possible by disabling uncompleted features.

I really hope i am doing the right thing here, but i feel this mod is taking a little too long now, and people should at least enjoy the multiplayer experience.

The features which will be disabled in the release and those improvements/additions which have yet to be started, will be worked on immediately after release. Each feature or group of features/improvements will be added through patches.

Of course, C2 is quite old, and i'm not expecting crowds of players to be interested in this mod... but i hope that this mod can at least mature over time with the support of this community.

James.

lentilky
mechanic

Post by lentilky »

Of course, C2 is quite old, and i'm not expecting crowds of players to be interested in this mod... but i hope that this mod can at least mature over time with the support of this community.

At least i will support/use that mod even in a few years.

Really waiting for the first release, but take your time.
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

I'm gradually documenting everything on the forum now, since finishing my uni exam last week. I'm going through C2O with a fine tooth comb, and if theres anything that can be completed or added in a short space of time, it will get done. All i can say is keep checking the forums to see "what is in and what is not" - as well as progress information etc.

Anyone can feel free to post any ideas or questions. If theres any popular ideas that are do-able and worthwhile before release i will do my best to get it in.

James.

Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

So we'd better keep watching this thread to see when it comes out!

An idea I had was putting more tracks into C2O, but you've probably thought of this already.

P.S. Hope the university exam went alright!
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Sorry about the double post (:mad: and :thumbsdown:), but have there been anymore updates on the progress of C2O? I know that you're trying to get the granite cloaking skin thing working, but is there anything else worth mentioning?
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Everything will be mentioned on my forum as and when required. My last post there was about the powerups which is the current thing on my list i am checking over. As you will see, i have managed to complete some of these in terms of general support and also allowing certain nasty powerups to be passed onto other players. The solid granite support is the last thing in this section i intend to get working if possible before release though.

The next thing i will be looking at are the games modes currently in C2O, so keep checking my forum as usual and information about this will appear shortly.

I have made some improvements to the spectator mode which i have yet to document on the forum though, this includes a smoother free roam camera (it used to be a bit jumpy somtimes) and the removal of your own car from the free roam camera. This camera utilizes the Flight Mode cheat in C2 to follow other players. Making your car disapear helps to complete the illusion of a propper free roaming camera. A zoom in/out feature is also available now.

The granite skin may not make it into the release unfortunately, since there is a little more work to do with it to make it 100%. At the moment, C2 has troubles with turning the skin off after the powerup finishes... i'm making progress with it, but there is a fair amount of code in C2 solo mode which attempts to bypass deactivating the skin.

I'm not a hardcore C2 player, but i learn more about the game everyday. If anyone knows if there is a powerup, or situation, or feature in the game which explicitly causes your skin to change in any way shape or form - it may help to complete the solid granite support 100%. I've investigated smashables, such as lights changing their texture but this so far has not helped.

James.

Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

Ah okay :smile:

Hope that you can get the granite skin 100% complete - I think that when the drugs mode is activated, all the screen goes crazy, so this might contribute to the granite skinning.

What's is the link to your forum by the way?
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

I'm pleased to say i found where C2 turns of the granite skin which is great. So its full steam ahead as usual. I also found a routine that makes your car skin "brighter"... weird! Might come in handy to make an opponent car flash to indicate ACME.

You can find the forum at the site below:

http://carmageddon.kicks-ass.net
Jon606
hit n run

Post by Jon606 »

:rockon:

You should see me registering on your forum soon James!

Check who’s online