Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Tribute

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Carmageddon Tribute - APC for download

Post by TTR »

HOLY CRAP :grin: it became even sweeter since the last pic you sent me :grin: l-o-v-e-l-y :rockon:

But...will there be a driver?
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Holy hell! That's incredible AdR.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

Excellent model as usual!

However, I don't agree with the skin's look at all. I'm usually all for rust and such. But come on, name one carmageddon car that looks like that. (tdr doesn't count :B ...and if you're thinking Hevy Impaler, other than metal plates, it really isn't much like that)

It just makes it look like you're trying way too hard to make it look all "edgy" and "cool"...

I'd like to know why people got to thinking that was the look the cars in these games always had.

And bullet holes? that just plain makes no sense whatsoever in a carmageddon game.

Other than having some blood on the fender blades, I'd say a cleaner look would be neater. And straighten that bumper out! Where do you think you are?! :B

Of course, that's just me...

P.S: SCI?? they had no more to do with the making of it than Interplay did for the US version (ie: nothing)

Also, adding '08 to the title is pure cheese...even now. Let alone once new year's hits. :B

But the good aspects go without saying...still a quality item to be sure.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Agreed on the bullet holes, B-LODs hearse made for TDR was kinda ruined once he put bullet holes all over it.

I like everything else on that cullwing, including the rusty look!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

I'm in agreement with Econo, bullet holes + carma = bad!

I'm not sure on the rust, I think there is too much of it, you could have a few small rust holes or something here and there but there is a lot at the moment but still it looks great.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Where do the bullet holes originate from?

They certainly don't come on the car as stock.
autopilot
Travelling Scrap Heap

Post by autopilot »

Go down an alley in the ghetto and you'll find cars with some bullet holes!

A few I could live with, I just though berocs hearse was over done.
coffeycup
Genesis

Re: Carmageddon Tribute - CULLWING!!!

Post by coffeycup »

Yeah hell, the bullet holes could come from anywhere. Angry cop, gang member or Machine Gun Joe.

I like the over-the-top rust and banged-upedness of it. But look at the stuff on my site :lol:

@ Adr -Anyway..5000 polys?! Man, hats off to you Sir
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Nice critics!! wow, it's been a while since I've read so many good crits about my work!

I thought at first to respect their original "clean" look, but wanted to make it like it's been through hell and back, that's why I said that I took an artistic license on it.

Also I've pictured what Carmageddon would look like if it was made today, but that's just me, of course.

I always thought that the original carma cars needed to look more fucked up, rust, dirt and blood everywhere. Not much sense to me in having clean cars in a game where you crash and run over people :grin:

Bullet holes are just classic. I agree the ones in the trunk might be a bit too much, but look at the blood coming out of it... there's your reason for them hehe

The ones on the door, well, the co-driver was shot and that's what's left of it :tongue:

I'll clean it up a bit and make a version respecting the original one, it's just a texture anyway, no big deal.

Thanks for the comments, of course, and good to see you guys still around!

Morbid Angel
speed freak

Post by Morbid Angel »

That's a really great great looking model !!!

It look nice to me, model, texture and all.

:grin:

Will it be released in C2 ?

AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

It will be released for C2 indeed, with the help of Tosh :wink:

No need to make a big deal out of some textures, is not like it changes a LOT either, here's a cleaner version more true to the original design, with some interior work as well:

I agree with Tosh on the fact that back in '96, texture detail was very limited given the computer's specs back then. Think it's been over 10 years, the cars went through hell and back, how is it supposed to look? all clean and shiny? DONT THINK SO!! hehe :grin:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

Yeah i'm crap at arguments, i never win due to the fact that all of my arguments are invalid. :smile:

Still, it looks bloody good AdR.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Wow, what a great Car ADR! Great to see some of your work again, allways been a fan of you muscle cars back in the days! And still btw! :smile: Nice work!
DEMENTOR
demented bastard

Post by DEMENTOR »

Fuck me, been a while since I posted here. Though I still visit now and again, see whats up.

And a good topic to post in IMO, a simply gorgeous model you got there AdR. Which I am echoing what I have said many times lol.

Dont know what the big deal is about the skin, I think it suits Carma perfectly. The 'Apocalyptic' style is what (IMO) Carma is all about. I like the Merc 300SL look too, looks great for cutting up peds. A very minor crit for me is the window trim and the rear bumper seem a little 'clean'. If you wanted it to go to hell and back, I'm sure they would be affected somehow. Surely you've reversed over a few peds in your time AdR???

Keep up the good work everyone...
<---- 1970 Plymouth Superbird (Richard Petty Replica) at Brooklands.
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Even though I like to keep my cars clean, I'd like to say:

It's about damn time you showed up!! Oh wait, I mean... :lol:

Damn, that's a beautiful car! It's fabulous!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Sordos
mechanic

Post by Sordos »

Thats great!

It looks like the one from the "Schamane Heinz Strunk" :rockon:

Check who’s online