Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Tribute

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Re: Carmageddon Tribute

Post by PumaY2K »

We could get [url=mailto:K@vera">K@vera[/url] back easily :wink:.
PumaY2K out.

nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Hey man, everything fine? :smile:

As a matter of fact, I did talk to [url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url], like 2 months ago (I should note that before that I did not see him online for ages), and he basically said that he was really busy with his personal life, and his job, and that everything went fine and stuff, and that he basically isn't much online, and probably won't be in the near future.

Just like TTR said, the chance we will see [url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url] back in the community is a slight one. I think he just has dropped this 'part of his life'. (Dementor mentioned CarmaHolik, I think the same basically goes deal goes for Holik too, he used to watch the board every now and then, but as of lately he hasn't been online, probably busy with work, social life, etc).

I would really love to see him back, though! I mean, he has been like a brother to me in this community. And I think he is/was a top-notch skinner.
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

man, i would like to see kavera again, he is a nice friend and last time i spoke to him, he was passing a lot of bad things...

another guy that i like a lot is tony, great modeler, in my opinion.

i myself had too many thing to concern on past year, that takes all my time. i started working as a sushman (maybe this is the name in engligh, i dunno.), and last mont i was promoted to sub-manager of the restaurant and that doubles my work... but now i am settle and found some time again to my hobby...

as many other guys here, we lost most of our free time due to work/life/etc...

but, back to topic, i think i will model something to c 10 year tribute, but i will make a c2 car...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

That'd be great! Can't wait to see what you do with the Twister.

I am going to do the cop APC, the smaller one, not the Big APC.

Edit: I plan on starting with the original APC.DAT and adding more details to it.

More detailed lights and grille

Better gatling gun that spins

Add working hatches and viewports

more exterior detail like railings and tiedowns

Higher poly wheels
eviladam
hit n run

Post by eviladam »

Heh I would join but Iam a complete newbie to modelling (still after 2 years...)

and I dont know how to make a photo realistic texture out of scratch. :sad:
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

well... since i lost the most gorgeous model i ever made. (the bettle), i will start a 2008 model of the yellow hawk.

wish me luck !

ps: probablly i will ask some of you guys to make a nice texture for him.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Sorry to hear about the beetle :sad:

You might want to check this page I started . Econo (and I think TTR, actually) have done the Hawk.

You can make whatever you want, but there's other cars that have never done
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

i already see this page coffey, i also have a lot of c1 cars on my c2, but i want to make something more like the defcon's agent orange 2007. I was amazed when i saw the car that u and defcon made.

i just have a wheel until now...

please don't mind that shitty texture i made... i pick the tire texture from flat out 1 and made some crap effects on photoshop.

i also catch a lot of hawk photos on internet and i am making some really cool scketches, i want die anna's car to looks like a hawk...

edit: ops, i forgot. Before someone ask this question, i will awnser: yes, it is the punisher's skull, i used a photo realistic skull but i don't like the result, and im my google searches for skull, i found the punisher skull and used to see how it will look...
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Like I said, you can do what you want. It'll be interesting to see what people come up with.

I think your wheel just says Punisher all over it. Can you maybe loose the big teeth? :grin:

This is the TDR car but you get the idea

8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

thanks for that lovelly wallpaper coffey !!!

about the wheel, i fisrt made without the big theeths, but i did't like... i am iying to see it in game, with a car...

changing the subject, is there any way to change the game look, adding light efects, this kind of stuff...
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

To keep the thread on topic, please start a new one regarding your question on lighting effects and such. (oh, and be clear about what it is you're looking to change, 'cause I'm not sure what you mean by 'the game look')
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

is just a toght, because, if we are going to pay a tribute to 10 years of carma, and do new models, maybe someone ho knows how to change the game physics, put some light efects, to make c2 looks like the new games. but i don't have even a clue of how to do such tinhg... i barelly know how to model...

anyways... here's what i have so far, my target is 6500 polys, i only have 4000 left... wheels are 500 poy each.

i think we should made carma 10 year contest, like that concept contest we have some time ago, that would be cool :rockon:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Well, if you want to see what's possible with chrome xf, reflective paint fx, funks and grooves, see Tosh's General Lee
AcdTrip
hit n run

Post by AcdTrip »

That car is looking rather nice :smile: shame about your beetle..

Those wheels are, imho, Great :thumbsup: keep up the great work :smile:
Your Father Wanted To Use Computers To Free The Body From The Brain!!
- We like to use automobiles -
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

thanks acid trip for the coments... i apreciate them a lot !

coffey, did u know if toshiba released this car ? because i can't find any link to it. i really wish to look at his car's txt to see if i can learn something...

here's my progress... as i sayd earlier, i want to make him look like a hawk, with the tail i drawed, u guys can have a better idea of what i'm trying to do. 'cause now it's a mess and i can see nothing original yet...

but i hope u ppl like him.
@ob
road raged psycho

Post by @ob »

Just to say, dont count the polys of the wheel in your poly count. They dont count... mutch. Also, the car CAN go up to 10,000 polys withought being an amazing berdon on the new systems.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

LOL...

Well anyway, the wheel poly's do indeed count as every other poly anywhere else. It's just that the on the car, the wheels don't have the 1000 poly limit, so it won't crash above it.

A car with 10.000+ poly's newer machine can indeed handle, however if you have a merely 5 of these ingame and the engine gets it all and reacts like if you're playing on an ancient pc.

8bit, your car looks nice, the beetle did too shame it got lost :sad:

Although i have to say, even if it does look good, the hawk had racing rims on it rather then a skull. But then again you're modelling :wink: It's nice...and indeed gives me the idea its the Hawk.
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

thanks for the C&C

ttr: i got my inspiration form the tdr2000 eagle, too bad there's no hawk on tdr...

@ob: i am trying to optimize my models a lot, to see if i can do better models with less polys. it's just personal, i think. but if i have to pass this target, i will :wink:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

yeah tosh, that's it, i just tought this when i was playing flatout 1 (way better than the 2), and later, on that day i was testing my dead bettle and tought that it would be cool if c2 gain some new apperance effects... i bet that if it was rockstar, instead of sci that maded the carma series they will already put the c2 open source to download... they seems to have an open mind to balance profits/publicity...

and tosh, when you release your general lee, will you mind if i take a look on the efects you used on him ? i'm not sayng copy, just for study him...

thanks in advance.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I have made the TDR Eagle for C2, and my version of a TDR Hawk..wait let me show them to you:

Eagle:

http://www.tdr2k.neon-cube.net/momv3/im ... _large.jpg

Hawk:

http://www.tdr2k.neon-cube.net/momv3/im ... _large.jpg

Can download them here: https://ttr.cwaboard.co.uk/c2cars.htm

BTW i think i can answer that for Tosh, the soul idea of the car is not just its quality given, it's also for us other people to learn from. I mean those that actually use it rightly and not by saying they found it out themselfs! I rather see you learn from this and have quality cars then just be a blind man and don't take something from anyone else and "leech".

:grin:
Killer11
hit n run

Post by Killer11 »

General Lee represents the best you can get out of the C2 engine so far, but I think you first thought about a rewrite/upgrade of the engine with new lighting system, physics, etc. I guess it would be possible to add a new processing layer via OpenGL (kinda like Wolv's C2O), and try to mess a bit with some new effects, but I'm pretty sure the result wouldn't be very coherent. What we need is the C2 source, some people have it but they/he don't/doesn't share...
You could try to decompile it sure it would get messy BUT it's a start and such a start created OpenTTD from TTD. in 2 years that game went from 256x256 map limited DOS only game to crossplatform game with 2048x2048 maps with fully workable multiplayer via internet and a shitload of new features.

Thing is that if we ever do try to make something with c2 source it has to go Open Source so that the projects wouldn't depend of 1 persons willingness to do something.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

how about the engines ? maybe there is some 3d engine good enough to make a carma like game...

the only problem is that we will have to break laws by sharing an illegal copy... but hell, im my country, carmageddon itself is forbidden. i have to dl mine.

and about max, if i want a legal copy of him, i need to pay R$600,00/700,00 (U$ 300,00/350,00)

having in mind that my payment is R$ 500,00 and my computer cost to me R$750,00 because i bought the components separated...

so, in brasil, programs like 3d engines aren't even comercialized, because there's no public for it.

but, personally, i can only contribute with 3d models and texture (i got some really cool texture "how-to" books and i'm learning). So, my part will be the same for any kind of tribute you guys want to pay for Carmageddon.
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

So... what's the status on this? Is it already started or should we pick whatever car we like to do and just do it?
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Good to see you around these parts. :smile:

A couple of us are working on cars. There's even some parallel efforts, so go ahead and pick a car you've always wanted to do.

It'll be interesting to see what the different interpretations end up looking like.

I did sort of put a page together for reference
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

OMG! :shock: adr will make a car too....

i was a fan since i first saw his car on his old site...

after many "deleting the rear polys", i think i will use this now, because the others that i made doesn't looks good with this rear wing....

my polycount is 2k now... don't ask me how i lower this (sure, 1k is for the wheels i change), but i'm modelling with every poly i think is needed... i'm also putting a lot of details on it's body because i'm a poor texturer...

at last, i'm diyng to see what adr will come up to.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I like this alot, those wheels are splendid, the design is pretty good..i hope you keep it :smile:
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Thanks coffey, I'll be picking on this one:

8bit, that car is looking awesome... btw what's the polycount you guys are handling for this?
8bit_Mind
turbo bastard

Post by 8bit_Mind »

thanks ttr, there's no way i lost this car, 'cause i'm saving a backup every week on my cellphone. hehehe...

8bit, that car is looking awesome... btw what's the polycount you guys are handling for this?

thanks a lot adr. I set an amouont of 6.500 polys for the car, before duplicating parts, my objective is stay under 10.000, but there's no limit, i think
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Yeah under 10k sounds reasonable for today's standards, considering detachables and all... I think it'll be a good idea to keep all the cars under the same limit so they'll have a more "uniform" look, otherwise we might end up with a 20k car right next to a 5k one :P
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Yes, 10k. I'm also worried that seven or eight 10k+ cars on screen at the same time might bring

a lot of machines to their knees (er, that is if computers had knees)
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

8bit - I like what you've done there, but I much preferred the older headlights. Also, I think it would look better with a different spoiler on the rear, something like the old Audi TT has, perhaps?
random_monkey

Check who’s online