Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What exactly does this error mean?

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
The_Devils_Avocado
motorised death

What exactly does this error mean?

Post by The_Devils_Avocado »

When designing bigfoot in its final stages i tried to road test it and i got an error from carmageddon (quite funny actually) saying

"holy polygons batman, there's a lot of vertices on that model"

now i knew how to fix the problem because of the reference to polygons so i removed some of the underneath support and it worked fine. My question is what are 'vertices' and why cant carmageddon cope with too many of them?

hmmm

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: the_devils_avarcardo ]
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: What exactly does this error mean?

Post by Deep_Blue »

What the game is telling you in an offhand way is that no one component or group of components can have more than 1000 polys within it. (vertices are the points that connect the polygons). (Ya think that error message is odd-wait'll ya crash a car that doesn't split evenly down the middle-you'll see something like "Oooh! No, I can't split that sort of shape Mrs. Jabberwock!"

Another good one for too many polys is: "By the death spanners of Mars, there's a lot of vertices on that model"
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online