Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

It's back.

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

It's back.

Post by nWo4life »

Hello. First of all, I question myself in which forum I should post this. I post this in the Editing forum, because my ego thinks I have released something that is quite important to the Carmageddon Editing scene. Please don't shoot me if you think this topic belongs to the Rant Forum.

Three years ago (and now I realize that I released CTn on 28 May...) I had a website called Crash To nWo4lif (and the site was as stupid as it sounds! :smile: ). That site lasted not even one year, because I wanted to make a new start in this community, with a new site. That site was online, but never released to the public. And a a certain moment, I lost all the motivation to complete it, and suddenly my host ran out of money as well, so that site went nowhere.

Untill this week. I was bored, and I decided to play with some PHP scripts. And this is the result: I am finally releasing The design looks very simple, but the PHP was the real bitch for me. In 4 days I worked over 50 hours on it. (Yup, I have no life whatsoever). But it seems to work, finally! I have a control centre (password protected :tongue: ), with an upload system, and news submission crap. I have a shoutbox, download counters, file counters, an image rotating system (lol) and a free ready-to-go forum.

I think I won't upload all my old skins and cars, however, if you have a request (I can hardly imagine something, basically because I have never released anything useful) contact me via reply, email, PM, TFL forum, whatever. I have a bunch of [url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa
skins as well, so if you want any of them, I am the one you seek. (Mainly because I haven't seen [url=mailto:K@VeRa">K@VeRa[/url] himself in ages).

Beside that, I have brought back TTR to his birth place in this community :tongue: He has yet to upload something, I think I will walk through the process with him soon, so he can start contributing to TFL, to make TFL a site to visit regulary.

Most importantly: If you are looking for a host for all your Carmageddon (TDR is welcome as well, although I have to make new sections for it) work, contact me. I will make an account for you in the control centre so you can contribute and submit every moment you want. After, that is what I make a site for, for the people without hosts. Wasted looks dead, DTD has it's own people, same goes for CRUD, The Evil Realm is resting in peace, Planet Maim is... strange :tongue: (The Spray Shop and Coffeycup his site seems to be my main competition :wink: ). I saw Krusz comming back, I heard Toshiba is kind of hostless, and maybe anyone else that is planning to contribute to Carmageddon.

While you are visiting TFL, feel free to register on the forum (otherwise it is freakin' dead :smile: ). Comments, critics and questions are welcome; Bug reports are a must!

Main 'plans' for the future:

- Smilies in the news submission system and shoutbox.

- HTML in the news submission (freakin' shit, although I might know the problem).

- Easier step by step download adding.

- More games.

- Multimedia! (Yup, car crash videos and stuff, if I only could cap my own stuff. So, basically, anyone is welcome!)

Thank you for your attention, I will have some rest now, Indy 500 is tonight on TV, so maybe I catch you later tonight. Good day!

Greetz, nWo4life

PS: I know it is terrible to read so much text with so many spelling mistakes, but please forgive me.. I'm tired, I worked yesterday all the way into the early morning, got up early this morning, etc.
"I never thought ye had it in ye." - Ken Shamrock

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Mad_Maxine
Pink

Re: It's back.

Post by Mad_Maxine »

I offer any of my stuff to if anybody wants...
bruner_james
The Dancing Bear

Post by bruner_james »

OSC iis open for hosting. You just gotta send me stuff :P. I do updates on friday so get them to me by then. I will take anything. cars/skins/mods/tracks.
Still lazy.
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Heh, no no... LOD, TSS and I've a lot of Lycos account,

how could you forget me? :lol:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post deleted by coffeycup

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

4 days = 48 hours. Can you explain how you worked more than 50 hours in 4 days? :lol:
TheJabMan
.:protagonist:.

Post by TheJabMan »

2 days = 48 hours :wink:

24x4=96
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

:rofl:
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
Kitteh
Troll

Post by Kitteh »

o
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Just a question that no one else has asked yet, but whats with the scroll bar at the top of the

page next to the site logo and navigational bar?
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
nWo4life
motorised death
Location: Let me explain something to you people. What happens on this board I take REAL serious. I don't care who you are, how big you are (or how small). I'm nWo4life!! And I've come here, to FIGHT!!

Post by nWo4life »

Good point. I have heard several other things about my site being not compatible with other web browsers like opera, firefox, etc.

But, basically, I have no idea how to deal with compatibility for other web browsers. I have worked for years to get a nice 800x600 compatible frameset like this one, but when it comes to other web browsers I have no clue what I should do, nor how those web browsers work.

I have an attachment added to my post, which shows how my site is suppose to look like at a 1024x768 screen.

At Toshiba and Mad_Maxine: That's cool. Do you mind I create an account for you, so you can add any (new) release you want at any time?

About the hours-I-spent part... I basically woke up every day at 11:00, took a shower, started to work at the site, and basically the only thing I stopped working for was to eat or to go to the toilet. Well, apart from the F1 race yesterday. And then, everyday I stopped working at 2:00 to 4:00 midnight. So that is 15 hours a day... Fuck, that is 60 hours lost in total... I think I need to get back to the gym, and find a life there... :supercrazy: :lol:

"I have registered myself for the 30th (Look: we're still counting!) time... Does this officially make me an attention-seeking internet whore? No?" - Mr. Hawk
ApeX__
Banned

Post by ApeX__ »

Strange, it looks exactly the same way, except mine has the scroll bar at the top :crazy:

I'm also running in 1280x1024, so it wouldnt be a resolution issue

Also, not sure if this would effect anything, but i changed some stuff in your html file

within "TopFrame.html"
Haha Fuck you Kitteh
nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Ah, you removed the span crap? Good point, very annoying that Dreamweaver screws it up every time.

Anyway, today another update. It's Mastro 666 his Ilion NL and his Beaver City MOD. Full credit goes to Mastro, he is the real deal.

Greetz, nWo4life

nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Urgent message: Does the forum work for anybody?

It works for me, not for TTR.

Edit: Oh, how bad. Several people were checking this thread, but no-one told if my forum worked or not. If we start with this mentality again...

C'mon, I worked my ass off for this, I want to know if everything works before people can really use everything.

Qwerty_86
kill boss

Post by Qwerty_86 »

It looks neat. It's kinda hard to read the menu items at the top. I'm also not too fond of iframes. Forum seems to work fine.
nWo4life
motorised death

Post by nWo4life »

Thanks a million for your response man. Yeah you got a very good point there, iframes makes a site much slower, and let's you change its position within the browser (I think I need a tag to disable that). I'll be working on that in the future, I mean, I know it's possible to get a 800x600 compatible layout without iframes *cough* The Evil Realm *cough* Driven to Destruction *cough*.

Yesterday the forums didn't work for me either, but after 15 minutes it was solved. Very unreliable stuff, I hope I get a solution soon.

Too bad I can't find a job, I want a damn paid host! :supermad:

Greetz, nWo4life

Check who’s online