Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Hey Hey Hey

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Aaron
turbo bastard

Hey Hey Hey

Post by Aaron »

I downloaded carma2 adv, and for the first time played with the Twinkill- an awesome model that deserved a much better skin. Then I noticed that there was an sdf file in its folder, so I clicked on it. It seems that one texture coverd the entire body, and the texture was also very compatible with the environment mapping flag. (horizon line and stuff) So I saved the car with the flag turned on, and it wouldn't show up like that in game. I also changed the tiff file for the wheels, but the texture was too big, so I needed to remap the wheels, but I couldn't figure out how to get the new one to show up in pt2 (I didn't create a new texture, I just changed the file and named it the same thing) which brings me to another thing: The wheel textures in game didn't show up in the sdf file. One last thing- when I tried to instal a car manually, it gave me something like "can't find material 'constant' in funkatronic file." What are funkatronic files, and what might be the problem?

So my questions are: How do you change stuff in pt2 and get it to show up in game, and how do you refresh the textures in pt2 (The command didn't work in the menu) and how do i fix this stuff regarding 'funkatronic files?

Somebody that knows this stuff- I'd appreciate it if you'd kinda explain this too me, as I still don't know a lot about editing carmageddon. Thanks
What's Carmageddon?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: Hey Hey Hey

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well I can tell ya 'bout the "funkatronics":

Funks are parts of the car's text file that define textures that will change to give the appearance of a light lighting up or things like caterpillar tracks moving and such stuff that's animated. You need to define a "constant" or texture that's used when it's not s'posed to change and one or more that are to be mapped to that particular part when it IS s'posed to change appearance.

What that error means is that the material that is used most likely on a taillight (when it's s'posed to be OFF-that's the "constant") has been renamed or deleted or moved elsewhere from where it's s'posed to be and the game can't find it or can't find it under it's original name in the tiffrgb (or Pix folder-if you renamed the texture for a taillight, f'rinstance in the .tif folder-you gotta delete the .pix folder(s) and let the game make new ones 'cause the game only uses the .tifs to make .pix files which it applies as textures to your model. Look in the car's text file and see if the texturename under each of the "FUNKS" has an actual .pix to match it in the Pix8 or Pix16 folder. (If not, make a taillight texture and name it what the .txt is looking for or find a copy of the original one and put it in the tiffrgb folder and delete any .Pix folders for that car.) for each taillight or whatever it is the animation is for. If you mighta renamed it in any folder-make sure the texturenames under "FUNKS" in the text file match the name of that new .tif or .pix

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Aaron
turbo bastard

Post by Aaron »

It was just a test car- about 40 polygons or something- so it didn't have any animations. So it still might be a misnamed texture though, even if it isn't a tail-light? or would the word 'constant' be there just because it had something to do with an animated texture? :/
What's Carmageddon?
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

Hmm... CarEd puts a 'placeholder' texture name in the text file for the reverse lights... if you only have on texture on your car then it's likely that placeholder is not being used. Its in the funks section, what you need to do is either make a new texture to go in there, or just remove those funks entirely, I don't think there need to be any for the game to work.

Check who’s online