Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The real Carmageddon II Online...

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Re: The real Carmageddon II Online...

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

As long as it isn't "a raving pack progressing towards us" I'm fine.
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

HEHE ... and Nitro wins a cookie!!! It's just a load of "things" which i'll eventually package together showing how it started and how it ended up, progress. It's things like the videos, wallpapers, screenshots and any interim public beta's etc. All this made me think about having some sort of diary on the site (not like news though) where i can note down what jobs i did on the mod that day, what troubles i had or what changes i made. Maybe that's too over the top, just sounded cool to me if i were looking at if from a potentially interested players point of view... maybe.

James.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

you mean .. a blog? that would work pretty good you know. I have a few buddy's really into blogging and could set me up with a real top of the line one.
Was Der So Alles Kann
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

You better could put all that time into working on the online mode :tongue: lol joke...
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

I don't get it.
Was Der So Alles Kann
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

sounds interesting! :tongue: allmost like a Playstation underground cd. shows you the progress of the game,

yet to be finished. oh, i get it now.... :rofl:
"This place, will now be your home again untill your death"
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

yeah .. in other words a Demo .. lol, I guess thats a good enough relation there :tongue:
Was Der So Alles Kann
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Not really a demo, but sometimes you forget all the interesting changes/additions you make when you develop a big mod like this. I thought maybe rather than news items, maybe something which outlines what i did on this day and that, or what i changed etc. It probably is just a waste of my time, i guess. I thought maybe it would keep people in-tune with exactly whats going on, allow comments to be made about that change etc. Oh god i've got to stop i'm going way too deep now. This whole thing will take more time than the mod LOL, you're right just forget i said any of that!

What i did do today though was try out the "max players" of the mod. 4 of us raced over a wired LAN, it went really well :smile: Seeing that made me realise the work is gonna be all worth it, because it was fun as hell.

James.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Ok, I think I got the new site working.

http://c2online.netfirms.com/

What you all think?
Lumberjack
road raged psycho

Post by Lumberjack »

What I would suggest is definitely keep a change log, that is important with a project like this... figured you'd be keeping one already (you need to know if for some reason in the future you need to put one thing back, for example, to make something else work properly). Put it all in a text file like you see in readmes, and just upload the text file to the website for people to read if they so wish. If you feel like it, you can also add version numbers to the changelog.
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Nice job Alex! It's starting to look more friendly now :smile: Maybe we can add a section called "changes" soon, most of my designs and notes are paper based but lumberjack is right i should really start noting them down in a text file then all i need to do is upload it/copy paste it. I surely don't want to start typing up my written notes LOL, well at least not in the months to come. I've always been an pen and paper man when it came down to that, it's like real books... id rather read them than the ones on the screen (or any long online document for that matter!).

James.
Alex_Dynamite
road raged psycho

Post by Alex_Dynamite »

Thanks! I wasn't too sure at first, but everything came together rather nicely.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Wolverine, I just read the whole thread and I find this thing rather amazing, I even downloaded the video and it looks awesome at the moment so... kudos!, now... I don't have that much spare time, but if you need help on anything, you can always contact me and I'll make some time for this thing :smile:. Maybe a bot for the server? we'll see heh...

PumaY2K out.

Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Thanks Puma :smile:

There's bound to be lot's of things for everyone to do if they want to. The C2O game modes might benefit from some new exclusive cars, peds and powerups. New textures and graphics to suit the mod might also be nice, oh and sounds, then there are things like plugins. Cheat detection perhaps? Online server list? The website of course! and most of all, all of your comments and ideas!

and much much more...

I know Rax has got most of those things above already planned, but whether he has helpers setup yet i don't know. Hopefully all this will come to light soon.

P.S. do you mean in-game car bots? Yeah! That should actually be very easy, as everything is already there. The benefits of working with the single player mode instead of the already made, IPX multiplayer hehe. All that would be needed is some more car syncing, and some way of making bots attack other bots (i.e. real players).

Also, a changelog will now be available and regulary updated on my forum here: http://www.tdr2k.gamingsource.net/phpBB ... highlight=

Exciting!

James.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

P.S. do you mean in-game car bots? Yeah! That should actually be very easy, as everything is already there. The benefits of working with the single player mode instead of the already made, IPX multiplayer hehe. All that would be needed is some more car syncing, and some way of making bots attack other bots (i.e. real players).

Although I wasn't referring to car-bots, it would also be a nice addition!

I mean a bot to control the game room, like the bot keeping a little database (player name, kills, deaths) and other stuff like not allowing certain things (cheats, d'uh)... I don't know, that popped into my mind after reading the thread :P.
PumaY2K out.

blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

sounds like you all have been very hard at work at trying to make this baby-go!

keep up the good work, and wol, cant wait to play!!!! :mad: :thumbsup: :rofl:
Mustang
Hot Sexy Man Beast

Post by Mustang »

im not so computer literate but wouldn't you beable to make C2 use more resources? like bigger size texture files? higher poly cars? if you know what i mean or are we still restricted to the limitation of the orginal. c2 engine

for example, a topic came about about changing the sparks which we can because it built in. but with your talent, you'ld beable to change the sparks to more realistic sparks or something?
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

hey guys. Just reading up on all this. perfect design alex. James, you emailed me about an offer. Well, it's pretty easy to transfer things of netfirms, we just download the files of their and upload them onto the new ftp. I'll work on getting some more colour in Alex. I've got a few days to work on this. So, expect something navy guys :wink:

cheers everyone.

Kilroy
Was Der So Alles Kann
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

I don't see why we couldn't change things like sparks, or any other graphical element in the game. The only thing that's against us is time and patience... the key will be there somewhere in the game, it's just a case of finding the routines and filtering your own code in. You can never guarentee anything though, it depends what you want to do. If you wanted the change the length of sparks for example, first things first you need to know what length they are already or be lucky enough to stumble across a comment in the .exe which points you in the right direction.

It's like the health of the cars which i am trying to locate at the moment. After some searching, it seems they are not stored as obvious percentage values. It could be a number of things, a damage multiplier for example or even some really weird value that some how generates the overall damage. Either way, it's just a case of continually looking, trying and logging everything you do untill you can build up some kind of picture of how that particular function works.

Finding the functions are one thing, but maintaining a permenent "link" to them is another. It maybe took me a few days to find the functions which control the coordinates of each car, but it took maybe a month of messing around before i could lock onto them and ensure that each time my program runs i have instant access to them. So yeah most things are possible, but you have to weight it up "is it worth the time". Sparks might not be but an online mode might :smile:

blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

any new news? this must be a sign of the boy workin' hard. or having a weenie roast with some hot

chicks?!!! :tongue:
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

I don't know what a wiener roast is in your country .. but in mine, it sounds pretty painful. Erm .. I guess that was supposed to be a joke?
Was Der So Alles Kann
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

a joke, yes, but it's were you sit by a fire and roast hot dogs and stick a finger in a hot :tongue: girl.
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

sounds like something to do in winter time .. bonfire kind of thing huh? But, I like the finger part heh.. thats for summer.

hey anyway, thats a bit offtopic.
Was Der So Alles Kann
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Hi guys, sorry for the delay in replying... theres been a bit of a crisis here over the past week or so with my father getting admitted into hostpital with v. serious issues :/ Well, things have cooled down a little for now at least, so i will be getting back to work on C2O asap :smile:

More news coming soon!

James.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Hope your dad gets better soon.
PumaY2K out.

blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

sorry to hear that man, dont waste your time, spend it with your dad, you only have one
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

Thanks guys, hopefully if we bitch and moan long enough those pesky doctors will do something useful. I guess you don't realise how much the goverment health sucks until you need it badly...

blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

dont take no dump from those swine...
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

hmm. I have my own experiences. Its not even funny to joke about anymore .. its just saddening.. free health care .. pff .. its all paid by income tax. :mad:
Was Der So Alles Kann
Wolverine
hit n run

Post by Wolverine »

They sent him home with some rubbish about "a trapted nurve"! As i expected, he ended up back in this week... Doctor re-assessed it, and now he realises the seriousness. He drained some fluid or something, thought it might be cancer/tuma. Anyway, he stayed in, they done an operation today to see what the hell it is. Turns out it's a fucking huge cist/boil thing growing and getting nasty. As far as i know, they have whipped it out... hopefull i'll find out more today :smile: Good news at least for a change.

Well at least it wasn't the dreaded "C".

James.
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

good to hear that man.
GMartin
pedestrian

Post by GMartin »

Hi there

I really appreciate what Wolverine is trying to create, i always wanted to try carmageddon 2 through internet. The thing i want the most to be in the multiplayer mod Wolverine makes is the multiplayer mod "fox and hounds" which i simply LOVE! So, i would like to ask you kindly, Wolverine, if you could, if its possible, add this multiplayer mode to your multiplayer mod.

Thanks in advance
ICBM
mechanic

Post by ICBM »

This post was BS
blacksunshine
turbo bastard

Post by blacksunshine »

a fake?
NitroX
nymphetamine

Post by NitroX »

Hey .. I sure yall rmember me I used to have some connections here .. sorry, got too much into my "real life" anyway .. back for about an hour to see what up with this .. appears not much. anyway james and alex.. you both know where to reach me .. shout out to the rest of ya in this

kilroy out :rockon:
Was Der So Alles Kann

Check who’s online