Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Transforming cars

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Transforming cars

Post by Rockerjunkie817 »

Hey, i dont know if this has ever been brought up, but is there any way to possibly make your car transform into something else when you press the enter key, so instead of the doors opening the whole car turns into something else. :suicide:
.:It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man:.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Re: Transforming cars

Post by TTR »

Cant be possible, everytime you press enter a thing turns (doesnt matter what you have set up) it opens and goes to a 90 degree, then stops...and hangs there, or closes...
Rockerjunkie817
driver

Post by Rockerjunkie817 »

Damn, well i thought i should bring it up, it might have gone some where :wink:
.:It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man:.
TTR
Psycho Maniac

Post by TTR »

I wish it was that simple to do a transforming action :smile:
C2 Scientist
jaywalker

Post by C2 Scientist »

Sort of yes, but in a very limited way. Say, you have a visual model A, and different looking model B:

-Model A would be showed when your car is in tip-top condition, fully-repaired, that is. This would be the 'default appearance'.

-Model B would be showed when you became damaged, no matter how little or much.

-Model B would also show up if you activated the doors. Even when you closed the doors again, it would stay like model B if you didn't press the repair key.

-Model A couldn't be damaged visually, because as soon as it was about get damage, it would become model B. (and B would receive the [visual] damage instead)

-In a middle of the action such as it is in Carmageddon, model A probably wouldn't stay as model A very long. :smile: Especially not with opponents... who can't repair at all. With invulnerability, it would stay as model A until you activated the doors, again.

This is all about shell-model of course... and the effect probably aren't what you're after. I also find it hard to think of anything useful that could be achieved with this... :wink:
random_monkey
motorized monkey

Post by random_monkey »

Plus there's the matter of the bbox... if you wanted to do the shell thing, the two models would have to be pretty similar in shape, otherwise you'd be smashing into things with invisible body-pieces.
random_monkey

Check who’s online