Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Game Freezes after finishing race

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
maggit
pedestrian

Post by maggit »

Well, I have an old PC, like 8 years old but to my big surprise Max Damage runs way smoother than Reincarnation,

however, after a finished race the game just freezes and won't go back to the main menu. I have to close it manually via alt+ctrl+delete.

UPDATE:

The game also freezes when I enter the garage. I think there was a similar bug in Reincarnation.

Hardware:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @3.16GHz

4GB RAM

GeForce GTX 560Ti

tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

You need to report the issue here: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yes there was a bug in CR with dual core cpu that cause the same issue
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

Yeah I have the same issue with my good ol' g3258. I need to upgrade
Gothwagen
pedestrian

Post by Gothwagen »

I'm on a fairly new PC and I'm getting the same problem.

Hardware:

Intel Pentium 3260 @3.30GHz

16GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 760

Windows 10 Home

Game freezes trying to enter garage and freeplay mode. Also freezes once you've gone through all the post-race screens and are waiting to return to menu. Game becomes unresponsive and has to be manually restarted. Not noticed any in-game issues so far but I do have to run it out of full-screen mode so I can close it when it does freeze without having to restart the PC.

Have reported the issue via the link above, put the information here for completeness sake and reference for others.
maggit
pedestrian

Post by maggit »

The issue is 2 Cores in your CPU.
Gothwagen
pedestrian

Post by Gothwagen »

To upgrade the PC, or wait for a patch... probably wait for someone more cleverer than what I am to magic a patch and play Reincarnation without issue for now. Though I would miss the caravan carnage.
tonrac
speed freak

Post by tonrac »

I am not too worry for that issue like it's a well known issue in Reincarnation, i am pretty sure they will patch the game to correct that.

Don't forget to report issue to the support in order to make thing happen faster.
Gothwagen
pedestrian

Post by Gothwagen »

Well,I'm delighted to report that the most recent Steam update has sorted this problem for me and now I can pick and choose what I smash about in as much as I want. Great stuff, thanks to whoever fixed it!

Check who’s online