Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Is online multiplayer dead???

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
yurrenstein12
driver

Post by yurrenstein12 »

Online multiplayer of Max Damage is pretty much dead on PS4. I never could find any lobby to join. I finally have a good enough PC to run the game now, so I bought it again on Steam.

I thought that the game was more popular on Steam and that I could finally play online, but I was wrong. Once again, not a living soul to be seen online. No lobbies to join, nothing.

This is a major disappointment. Is anyone actually playing this game???
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I think with the old bad mouthing of the game before the graphics improvements, etc. it just never got a good start.

You can kind of tell when the forum "jumped" for the first few days after release.

While I think the game was dead before it even started its still kind of fun for me.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

well time to try offline multiplayer %D
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

online died when the streams ended. That was the only reason i still played but havent played since. it would be fun to play again, altho the most fun was with 8 player lobbies...

so yeah, if you wanna play, join the groupchat and maybe we can get some people together
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

I'd play online. I want to get MP achievements and also I couldn't play when everyone was playing online just after release.
DutchBastard
pedestrian

Post by DutchBastard »

I came here to ask the exact same question. Shame. The game is fantastic.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

It's a perpetual chicken & egg situation. Loads of people want to play it online and complain that they can't find anyone to play with, plenty enough to have a healthy online community, but they don't see anyone playing it online so they don't play it online. If everyone who has ever posted "why is MP dead? I want to play it!" were online and playing it together then there wouldn't be any "why is MP dead?" posts. It's only dead because it's "dead" and it will only become alive if it's already "alive", people need to be online to get people to go online but no one goes online because no one goes online.

There's a lot of things Stainless could improve about the game's MP user experience to make it more appealing for people to play and easier to get matches going, but if not enough people are starting lobbies and joining them to keep a constant rotation of games going for randomers to hop in on a whim then all the UX and gameplay improvements in the world won't change that.
a.k.a. Brent
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

I think one problem is the totally different time zones. Englands time zone is so far off Americas time zone as one example.

I think those that want better lobbies should probably post their best times to play in the forum in as a whole group and make that time the best time to look for a lobby. I would say perhaps to have someone as a coordinator or two in these threads.

Sorry I cant help compile a list due to so many things I just dont have time for. I can only play Xbox online at most about 1 hour a week. And its usually BF and SWBF just having fun trying to win then actually winning. Otherwise its COD bot mode due to total lack of coordination.
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Okay, I'm so glad I found this. I thought there was something wrong with my wifi. I'm always trying to find a match in multiplayer, but I can't seem to get one. I was hoping to get the secondary rims for the KVN Toucan by winning a Checkpoint Stampede
flykas
turbo bastard

Post by flykas »

So lets just hang out more in Carma steam group and also you can add me on steam (flykas) if you want to play online some time.
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

1/ too late to save MP now

2/ It needs ingame communications all the way from lobby in to ingame action -> yes a fucking ingame chat =D

3/ It need bots

4/ it needs some sort of coop -> players hunted by cops or something.
Adonael
mechanic

Post by Adonael »

I guess I should be more active on here. I'm in the US and always willing to play online. Tuesdays and Wednesdays are when I'm usually free. I tend to work nights so I'm available anywhere from 12 pm - 4 am Central time zone. I'm only able to play on PS4 however.

And that's how you organized games in the 90's. You're welcome.
YautjaLord
speed freak

Post by YautjaLord »

I'm from IsraHell (lol jk, Israel) & i still think regional differences-shmiffrences n shit, C:MD's (& subsequently C:R's) MP should not be dead. Same goes for other game i have in my Steam library: Aliens vs Predator 3/2010. One lets you maim & obliterate opposition in hilarious road rage ways, the other - pick off & dismember others from afar or up close & personal (Trophy Kills) plus lets you choose not one but 3 species. In short MP should live - fun for the whole chemically imbalanced bunch like us. Cheers.
PunksSkins69
pedestrian

Post by PunksSkins69 »

Fr0nt wrote:online died when the streams ended. That was the only reason i still played but havent played since. it would be fun to play again, altho the most fun was with 8 player lobbies...

so yeah, if you wanna play, join the groupchat and maybe we can get some people together

Hi! Carmageddon Frinds! I wanted Friends a Multiplayer Play! Please Pick me up on steam all! Please fix Multiplay no host game but my friends to play!

But i dont friends in steam! Please update Quickplay in online random players! Thanks god and bless! I hope me pick up all Carmageddon fans i'm very big fan! My Steam name:punksskins69 and player name wolfpunk1201 Thank You All Carmageddon fan friends! Hope all play new Carmageddon friends to play in multiplayer and hope in fix in random players host game in multiplayer thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZajecHax
pedestrian

Post by ZajecHax »

You know why is Dead? Because a lot of people - A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about 80% people have PIRATED VERSION of Carmageddon Max Damage where MP is not working, only 20% of all people playing Carma Max Damage have original game - so that is the main reason why MP is dead.

If Multiplayer will be working in PIRATED VERSIONS of CARMA MAX DAMAGE - a lot of persons would be in lobbies.
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

Are you really serious? If that 80% of people playing Max Damage really did pirate it then the answer isn't to allow pirated versions to play multiplayer, it's for all the cunts who pirated it to buy the bloody thing and support the developer with their cash! The game's only the price of a take away ffs.
a.k.a. Brent
ZajecHax
pedestrian

Post by ZajecHax »

Trent wrote:Are you really serious? If that 80% of people playing Max Damage really did pirate it then the answer isn't to allow pirated versions to play multiplayer, it's for all the cunts who pirated it to buy the bloody thing and support the developer with their cash! The game's only the price of a take away ffs.
I know Trent but this is the sad truth about that. 80% of people playing Carma Max Damage really have pirated version of Carma MD and they cant play MP.
Eviron
hit n run

Post by Eviron »

The price-point is almost a steal already, when discounted it hurts even less... If you enable MP and benefit the pirates next game the illegal downloads amount would climb up even more and the earnings go down which kills not MP but possibly the whole franchise in the long run. Where do you get those numbers (80%) from btw?
Trent
mindless

Post by Trent »

ZajecHax wrote:

I know Trent but this is the sad truth about that. 80% of people playing Carma Max Damage really have pirated version of Carma MD and they cant play MP.

No shit they can't play MP, they shouldn't even be able to play single player because they haven't paid for the game. The sense of entitlement from pirates to expect full functionality from a game they didn't pay a penny towards is pathetic.
a.k.a. Brent
Dr. Gonzo
mechanic

Post by Dr. Gonzo »

Well, if anybody's been interested in multiplayer, I'd enjoy a good opportunity to elephant and castle some poor person with the KVN Toucan
starbuck
kill boss

Post by starbuck »

ZajecHax wrote:
Trent wrote:Are you really serious? If that 80% of people playing Max Damage really did pirate it then the answer isn't to allow pirated versions to play multiplayer, it's for all the cunts who pirated it to buy the bloody thing and support the developer with their cash! The game's only the price of a take away ffs.

All this to save 15 dollars and risking screwing up your PC. Yeah thats it.

Seriously if that "80 percent" WERE able to play multiplayer the lobbies would be full all the time ? Zero times two is still zero. And BTW the percentage of pirates to REAL players is only around 35 percent.

http://www.pcgamer.com/pc-piracy-survey-results-35-percent-of-pc-gamers-pirate/ See that is an actual source , not a biased opinion.
ZeMantras
mechanic

Post by ZeMantras »

I cant even....too many mods... same goes for my copy of gta5 and plenty of other games i cant play online cause they have too much mods :) wich i dont mind, rarely play anything MP these days , long were the days id buy games for MP
rodrigocpz
pedestrian

Post by rodrigocpz »

I'm very interested to play Camageddon on MP on PS4.

As we have some players here that are willing this. What do you think about if we create one WhatsApp group so we can schedule some day?

If you want, send me an email and I can add you to the WhatsApp group:

Zixel
pedestrian

Post by Zixel »

Hay! Whatsapp group idea seems like a real deal! I create lobbys for about 2 hours sometimes... and wait. Come on guys!
Rattlehead
pedestrian

Post by Rattlehead »

Yeah, i just bought the game last week and loving it and it's sad to see no one to play with online.
MaxDamage_
turbo bastard

Post by MaxDamage_ »

Cmon make a whatsapp group, we play every day
CzechDeath
kill boss

Post by CzechDeath »

MaxDamage wrote:Cmon make a whatsapp group, we play every day
there is steam group aswell =D
Fr0ntj3
speed freak

Post by Fr0ntj3 »

CzechDeath wrote:
MaxDamage wrote:Cmon make a whatsapp group, we play every day

there is steam group aswell =D

yup, but i think must of us are retar..uhhh retired...
mike_damage65
pedestrian

Post by mike_damage65 »

Hello all

My first post, so to ask a stupid question. I have read this thread and I gather two things:

1. It is not a multi-player large online site sitting on a server somewhere people all over the world can access and play against each other?

2. People are creating their own servers and running the game for anyone to join now because of this?

Just a bit of background. I started playing it in 1998. The first two only. Now that I have a little more free time I want to return to playing it.

Thanks all hope questions are not too obvious but just want to clarify.

Check who’s online