Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

My two cents worth...

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Junkpile
mindless

My two cents worth...

Post by Junkpile »

will be forthcoming as soon as I get caught up on everything else that has been neglected during my extended absence. It shouldn't take me very long. But, I would really like to thank those of you that are trying to keep this project alive. Especially Beroc. Beroc, I thought you jumped ship on us, or something. I'm glad to see that you're still around.

Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Buzz
road raged psycho

Re: My two cents worth...

Post by Buzz »

adr and i have gotten a few more people to join up if you havent seen yet
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Kinda did jump ship... Had way too much to do keepin up the site, and making sure that everything there still moved... Had a rash of no updates that was pissin me off.... So I did some stuff....

However I do think that we need to get the engine questions and creation or whatever out of the way, so the project can move forward...

Consequently, I got to looking at the engines for Mafia, and GTA3, though both do not have dynamic damage, what was requested and desired by most, they have a very good starting structure for the concept that we want to do.

If a new engine is needed, that is what needs to happen, but not much else can really happen without that structure...
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I hadn't noticed any new names in here as of yet. But, I will be looking around more in depth real soon.

Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Using a ready-made game engine would be great if it didn't cost so damned much to license them... But, unless other programmer's join up & are willing to take the job on, we may have to look at these option's. What I have read of your other post's in other area's of this forum is pretty much right on the money. In my absence, any "setting" question's should be directed towards Deep Blue. As far as game feature's goes, I was compiling a list on my Computer just before it was stolen! So, I'll have to start a new one. A lot of the pertinent information is posted, in a disorganized manner, on the project's site. If any hole's are left, just ask. I'll get back to you as soon as I possibly can.

Dean

Check who’s online