Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

the feature list

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
CADster
turbo bastard

the feature list

Post by CADster »

ok.. wile the script is simmering (or drowning) another thing that needs to be talked about is the feature list.this is nothing more then a brain storm session on ideas and fetures we would want in the game.post away -
Buzz
road raged psycho

Re: the feature list

Post by Buzz »

abillity to have ballon tires as suspension, and tires that go flat and come off... trailers and stuff like that...
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

uh, i know what a ballon tire is and i know what suspension is... but i dont know what 'ballon tire suspension' is ... tires coming off should be added ... i dont see a real problem with this feature.flat tires - if its done like in mafia i dont see any problems.good ideas..__________________________________________removable bodies .... if you car wrecks really bad, the driver can be thrown out of the car.... maybe even thru the glass.-IMO wrecks should damage the character (ala: mafia)... a fatal car crash should be just that... fatal.[ November 16, 2002: Message edited by: CADster ]
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

*i like power up/add-on features...like what they had originally mentioned with C3...or if ya remember an arcade game called Roadblasters....you could set up generic nulls and default points on all the cars that are to be in the game..then once a power up is added like BAMFC then a cannon model would become attached to that null on the model...also Vigilante8 uses sumthin like this...a speed power up would show an over grown engine with a blower attach to the model....a flame thrower power up could have a lame thrower turret added.

*the ability to get in and out of cars as in gta3

*realistic car handling, powerslides,acceleration,damage....big plus has to be model distortions like crumpelling

*i like the idea of a gas/mileage deal...if you have a performance car it would suck gas faster or if ya had a behemoth of a tank...along with this category i also like the idea if you over tax your cars performance too much it stalls and you have to "restart" it....the more damaged the longer it takes to restart.

...i think the first and last are pretty original and haven't been used in games much and would think would be a benefit...the powerups and gas management would also be alot of fun if the game had any network capability
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

i ment balloon
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

In reply to:
if ya remember an arcade game called Roadblasters

not at all important, but i made the main car from that game for c2 once.

...and to have cars with visible upgrades like that would be awesome!
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Um... Some good features that should be added...

Must Have:
Either hard shadowing, or Traced Shadowing
Static and Transient Lights
Fog
Transparency Maps
Keyframing by vert and object
LOD object replacement
Object instancing

Pretty much nessecary to create cool stuff:
Reflections if not just environment ones
Particle effects
Physics effects in particles
Lensflares
Animated textures
Scrolling textures both static and controlled
Texture replacement
By face physics/traction control
Zoned Area physics
Zoned Lighting and environment effects control

Wishes, but not nessecary:
Bump maps
Specular level Maps
Reflection maps/Material ID maps for reflections
Weather effects
inter object shadowing

Dependent on the Game Enviornment:
Environmental/weather/temperature controls
Environmental sky shifting

For the cars, I am thinkin to take about 50 to 100 stock bodies, and adding engines, tires wheels, guns armor and other stuff, all by object replacement.... that would make a really cool customized car, rather then like 20 or so to choose from. Say you have a Dodge Charger, and you put a desiel engine in it, for power, not speed, put alot of armorments on the front of it, guns on the roof, a grenade launcher in the back, and spiked wheels....... Hmmmm just imagine that.... But the game physics must also account for that extra weight.... it wont be fast... but it sure will pack a punch....

Course the flip side is that you take the same Charger, load it with only minimal armor, a high torque v8 for speed, not power, maybe some machine guns, and you have the perfect straifing vehicle.... Minimal work, maximum gain...
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

really cool ... so who is the wiz kid who can build us an engine with all that super cool stuff ???

added -

common compression for file groups (PAK, TWT, etc.)
text based parameter files for vehicles, characters and maps
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

Nice list of features.. hard to add something else at this point... but anyone mentioned "dinamic" damage like C2 has? no that pre-modelled damage crap like gta3, that's ugly.

And yea... who will program this masterpiece? even Junkpile is MIA or something...
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

we need you guys to to fond some programmers as we have no programmers or engine

Check who’s online