Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

the script

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Buzz
road raged psycho

the script

Post by Buzz »

ok whats everyones ideas for the script
CADster
turbo bastard

Re: the script

Post by CADster »

script ? as in storyline ???
Econobrick
Stucco

Post by Econobrick »

"a bunch of stuff happened once...this is the result of that stuff."how's that?
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Good Idea....Er... Where were we again?
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

Once upon a time their lived this Hemi...
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

quote:Originally posted by Hellspawn73:Once upon a time their lived this Hemi... and all it did was sit on empty........bang one together Buzz ... im easy.... lika this- post-apoc landscape, no food, no gas, fight for your right to survive ...
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

well none of that helps[ November 14, 2002: Message edited by: Buzz ]
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Well... its certainly not easy to create an script all of a sudden... we should drop a lot of ideas, even stupid ideas, and then come out with something... with more sense...

First, I second what CADster says, a post apocalyptic world, without food, etc... although it sounds a bit like TDR, right?... anyway, the races would be kinda like the UK Banger Racing... in something like 'the last car running wins' method of racing... and the winner gains money... to buy more weapons to attach to his car, missiles, etc...
PumaY2K out.

road raged psycho

Hmmmm.... I thought this was more like a GTA get out of the car as well type game.... Oh well....
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

it is going to be more like gta, but thats a good idea for a multi player game.
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

how about a switch 1.4 or 1/3 into the game

start up the game... its like GTA3 (a civilazation) so it has a police and signs, etc. ...you play a few missions.. maybe a local race, maybe your a thug, maybe your a cop... anyhoo, after about 3 to 7 missions, a cut scene shows a nuke going off... or a weather controlling sattilite from space goes haywire... or war breaks out, or whatever .. then the rest of the game is during this whatever, or after this whatever......(no civilization)

eh ???
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

What i think Jp wanted was a choice of a bunch of differnt things, you could start out being in the city, a loner in the wastlands, a cop, a member of a nomadic community stuff like that, and about the addon wepons. I dont know if that will work as there will be lots of small cars that wont be able to have all that stuff added on, how about this. There are little shops where you can buy that kind of stuff if it gos with your vehicle, and there are ammo and money powerups.
road raged psycho

How bout having cars which are configurable, with points on them showing that weapons go only certain places, wieght limits, size limits and stuff like that, and you can also get weapons that come from other cars, like bosses.... arcade style.... as well as buy stuff from shops, black market vendors and stuff like that....
As far as the story, I think that starting off after the fact would both be more stable, as far as gameplay goes, and easier to achieve in the end.

My envisionment is vast barren wastelands, everything, or most everything is gone, but pockets of humanity still exist..... Somewhere, out there, is a paradise.... someone said they saw it once. A dense forest, lots of food, where the rain falls every day, and doesn't sting the skin. One day, you would happen to find it, maybe by accident, maybe on purpose.... but it isnt all it's cracked up to be.... cos someone already found it..... And they don't like visitors.....
road raged psycho

Game Concept.....

Concerning the script... are we making a racing game or a rpg? I don't think that was very clear to me at the beginning.... I know I understood something about people getting out of the cars and doing stuff... If that is not the case, I was hoping someone could tell me so.... All of the ideas I have are for such a game.... A racing game would be easy, but I don't think that post Apocalyptic racing is really sane.......after all.... why would a bunch of people get together and complete laps around a course if life were so bad?

Alot more can be done with a Multi tiered RPG though... similar to GTA3... Course you are very limited on multiplayer there....

Course, who says that both wont fit into that....
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Well... to make it more interesting, it would need to be an RPG... not so deep so it doesnt turn out tedious, and the player keeps having action... which would be in the racing part of the game, obviously it wouldnt be a complete laps around a circuit race. I always believed it would be some sorta Destruction Derby (in a huge arena... but really huge) competing to win some credits to buy shit (food, weapons, armor, etc...) so you can make this game an RPG/Racing game... I think this would be the first game with that kind of category... GTA3 only has one race...

About the races, to compete in them, maybe you would have to sign up before (1 day or so in in-game time)... so you were able to compete...
PumaY2K out.

PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

And about Multi-Player, you could separate it from the story, grab a car, some weapons, and start a race, or whatever its name is... and maybe as you move on the game, you can unlock cars that only appear in 1 player mode so you can use them in multiplayer, and also the signature vehicles that Dean suggested...
PumaY2K out.

Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

good idea puma, and how about you hunt for your food? i think that would be cool, and puma can you come up with some cool spansh names that would be good for cars and buldings?
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Thanx, Buzz. I do think is nice because if you are in a post-apocalyptic world, food obviously isnt very easy to find... so youll have to earn it... about your idea, Buzz, it also sounds preety cool. Hunt for the food and use the credits in modifications for your car... maybe a better engine... repair the car after a race, but if the thing of 'signing up' before the race comes true, it will give you more time to do this stuff, right?.

About spanish names... sure... but what kind of names? here are some animals:

Tiburon (Shark)
Aguila (Eagle)
Halcon (Hawk)
Tigre (Tiger)

Maybe this is not what you want... so tell me what kind of names and Ill come with em quickly
PumaY2K out.

Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

those are good, stuff like that and things you could but infront of them etc
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Well... then here are some more:

Ara
PumaY2K out.

Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

i think the land scape soulnd be to wastlandish, i mean it has to be able to support life, how about you can hunt cows, deer, and a few endangered animals? any suggestions?
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

hunt or just run over ???
road raged psycho

Heh... this brings us back to what type of game that we are making... and, I am not a big fan of game hunter games..... and I don't really think that food and water should be a big issue here..... you can sim too much and make it a little dull...

However I do support the wasteland idea, getting out of the car would be nice, though, I don't see how you can make a race game in a post apocalyptic world, as Carma is a little silly in that aspect....
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

its gonna be like gta3, what ever that is. I think it would be cool to shoot animals in the game, get points for it or something
CADster
turbo bastard

Post by CADster »

if you look at Wreckless for the Xbox and see how the city is made, and how the game acts... i believe its possible to do the exact same thing with the TDR engine.

aside from a few advanced things in Wreckless (like post filters in the replay and the use of shaders) that game can be duplicated with the TDR engine.

IMO Wreckless has no depth to it. It also has no real damage. But aside from that, the actual game play is great.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I dunno 'bout that, Buzz. I kinda think animals is too much of a 'sidetrack'. They'd prolly just get in the way. 'Sides....How many animals do ya see in the average desert that are any bigger than a snake or scorpion or jackrabbit or some other small critter? Not likely to find any cows or other larger mammals there...Nothing in a desert setting to support them and they're just incidental anyways-why make the AI work harder for incidentals? Just a thought...

Hmm... Somebody up there posted a neat idea... S'pose Ruin-Nation takes up where the Carmageddon idea left off. (The Carma 2 idea anyways).
S'pose yer a "Death Racer". The game could open sorta like the I-76 demo did where during the intro/loadscreens you hear radio broadcasts (sounding all AM-ey or shortwave-y) talking about rising tensions between certain countries or such and the looming threat of nuclear conflict mixed in with short loops of some ominous sounding heavy metal music (sans lyrics) in between the 'broadcasts'.
Then you start out in a race-civilization is all intact just like in Carma-for 1 or two missions and then in between the 2nd and 3rd mission there's a cutscene with you waiting to start a race and another 'broadcast' (via shortwave or public radio) cuts in with a very worried sounding newscaster stating that (defense agency here) is tracking incoming unknown objects on satellite radar or something and then confirmation of incoming warheads and then he starts praying loudly and then suddenly all you hear is the high pitched buzzy, screechy whine of the EMP pulse knocking out the transmission. (prolly this would only take only under a minute).
Then cutscene of the blast effects/mushroom cloud-buildings exploding and blowing away from the blast/cars flying thru the air, shit like that...
Fade out-
Cut to you in your car, still in the starting position, miraculously shielded from most of the blast effects by the remains of a building that didn't fall all the way down. Some of the other racers may have survived too.
Your car is battered and you have to clear some debris off it but it still runs.
OK, somebody take it from here:

Just an idea
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Thats preety nice DB... alright... Ill continue it... after you realize that your car still works, you see that the building that worked as a cover is starting to collapse but it may fall over you, so you quickly jump in the car and leave the damned place... thats it... I cotinued it
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Ahh, jeez....you guys got no imagination.....too many video games I s'pose.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Sorry... DB... been playing too much NASCAR Thunder 2003... and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2... and GTA3... and ... I... I should shut the fuck up, right?
PumaY2K out.

Check who’s online