Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

DB's signature vehicle..

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

DB's signature vehicle..

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh...other than it's a truck, it's kinda hard to tell just WHAT the hell that is, innit? (That's the Beaver City quarry-ya notice that it pretty much takes up the entire road?) GVW is in the neighborhood of 56 tons. It's almost as long as a complete semi-tractor-trailer combo (bout ten feet shorter) Roughly 36 feet wide (scale) ( rear outer sidewall-to- rear outer sidewall) And thereabouts 30 feet tall. (off the ground) I was going to post some more screenies, but I coudn't make my usual collage of screenshots-the damn thing is just too big. So I reckon I'll post one or two at a time here 'til ya can see all of it. (I hafta zoom out from it so far trying to get all of it in the picture, ya lose all the detail at that distance. Now to figure out the driving views...this is gonna be a tough one.. Welcome to the trucker's world...heheh.. You are definitely gonna hafta stop every so often and check clearances under bridges and stuff, and checkpoints and tunnels? Fuhgeddaboudit![ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ][ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Re: DB's signature vehicle..

Post by PumaY2K »

Hey DB... thats awesome!! I want it!! ... please send it to me when you finish it... I want to do some 'art' with it... hehehe
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh.. Bubba-you ain't seen NOTHIN' yet Heheh..."Axle Cam" [ September 09, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Thats why I want it!!
PumaY2K out.

Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

sweet
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

What's two of the heaviest things ya can think of that'll still fit down a road?
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

Erm... a big truck?... maybe with some heavy cargo?
PumaY2K out.

Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Lemmy see.. A freightliner, a tank, a monster truck, and a Yugo? B
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

quote:...a Yugo?...Beast is right!! I second that!!
PumaY2K out.

Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yer both right, pretty much. Howzabout a Kenworth W900 on monster wheels and a power plant. [ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

db i've made some really cool monster truck wheels with tread and everything if you want them
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

And the powerplant comes from a Yugo, right? I'm impressed man, I really am impressed. You've got a twisted mind under the hood..B.
PumaY2K
Fuck Off.

Post by PumaY2K »

lol... DB... youve got a really damaged mind... but I appreciate it if yo keep doing stuff like this!!
PumaY2K out.

Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

DB, you ROCK! LOL I have dome some pretty wild stuff for this project, as have others. But, your recent creations, this one above all others, are truly gorgeous! I REALLY wish my computer hadn't been stolen right now. Just because I want toplay with your latest (Even if I have to do it in C2. Which was also stolen, BTW...).Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh.. I thought a power plant would be a nice touch. It's one of those big ol' industrial Generacs powered by the humongous Detroit Diesel seen in the hole in the plant on the left side view. It's driving a Generac 4 megawatt 2200KVA quad-coil portable AC substations. There's the control station in the right side forward bay and the actual generator is located behind an opening door aft of the panel. There's an entire 4-bank transformer substation hiding behind dual opening doors on the left side behind the diesel. The big grille in back is the genset diesel's radiator. The idea with one of these which would apply to the world it's s'posed to be in is you're s'posed to haul it where it's going on a trailer and it sits and supplies electricity for industrial machinery such as would be used at a mining operation where lots of heavy electrical equipment is used becaue combustion engines are deadly underground due to exhaust gases and the fire hazard from an ignition. I set it up as a portable "power-station-for-hire" in a place where AC is prolly rare. I just took it a step further and put one on a long-haul truck, big-feeted it and made it a class 2 combo (single unit as opposed to the class 1 T-T combo as trailers arent really possible (yet) in C2. This thing isn't all that fast, but then it doesn't have to be. Shit just bounces off and explodes. (You get a nice "Thump-shake" when you run over a car or smaller truck.) the real small stuff just zings by under neath unless it is unfortunate enuf to hit a tire or graze a driveshaft or differential case.) Ya can't really drive it from behind very well as it's so damn big. Cab view is best or "axle-cam" view. Trouble is in "axle cam view, you can't judge checkpoint clearance and one'll sneak up on you and decapitate your truck while your groovin' between the front wheels. (There's one or two checkpoints in the city levels it'll actually just barely fit under "KLANK!-bounce".) This was also my first successful alpha-channel texturing job. The railings aren't modeled-all the flat parts are one piece and textured to look like railings. Not too bad for a first attempt, eh? I actually made it too hard just for shits an' giggles and bent a checkpoint slightly. Considering they aren't made to bend-that's sayin' something. I'll make sure it's as realistic as I can before I let it go, tho. Heh. I can come up with weirder stuff than this.. and make 'em believable, too And JP-the only part that's rusty is the underside. DB can shine a vehicle that doesn't even have paint. With elbow-grease, even. I do it alla time. I made a lil' grainy discoloration on the tanks and stuff tho. They're aluminum so they don't rust. The dull some is all. All of the approprite grilles and stuff like the vent on top of the genset is totally filthy as a real one over a greasy diesel would be. And the generator's muffler is all rust as would be in real life.Stay tuned as I'm back to work now and the projects are gonna come slower now 'cause I only got a little time on weekends.[ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ][ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ][ September 11, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

beast theres a yugo in there on a gaint hampster wheel
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

here are the wheels any ones free to do what ever with them http://www.cyberdwarves.com/ruin/member ... rwheel.zip

Check who’s online