Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Join forces...?

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
AdR
pimp

Join forces...?

Post by AdR »

Have you guys seen that Clever's game site? (http://www.clevers.com/) I was just looking at LOD the other day and found the link... I read the story behind it and it sounds and looks a lot like what Ruin-Nation could become someday... that's why I thought that maybe we can join with them to make a really cool game with both concepts together... we have time, the game's scheduled to release on x-mas this year... just an idea though... I would like to know what everyone else think about this before saying anything.
matt
im new, be gentle

Re: Join forces...?

Post by matt »

acciddentally deleted post. [ August 11, 2002: Message edited by: Matt ][ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: Matt ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I don't think that joining forces with anyone would be a good idea right now...But, the site does need to be updated in a BIG way! There are a ton of pics uploaded there in my folder that need to be posted on site. If & when someone is capable of doing this, I will be appreciative.Once the update is done, please let me know so that I can let every one else know that it's done. If you are wondering why I'm not doing the update, check around in this private forum... You'll find the answer.All for know...Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
matt
im new, be gentle

Post by matt »

quote: How far did xara (if im right in recalling he was the head codemonkey?) get on the engine too btw?
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Matt:[QUOTE] How far did xara (if im right in recalling he was the head codemonkey?) get on the engine too btw? [/QUOTE]I am awaiting an updated response on that very question right now... If I remember correctly, he was finished with the AI and could go no further with the actual engine until we had some kind of environment for vehicles & such to be run through to test it's physics & other capabilities.As soon as I know more, I'll post it in here.Dean
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

I guess you're right JP, after all, Beast has been talking to someone inside the SOH development team and it seems that it's going to be another crappy arcade racer, only with cool post-apoc cars with weapons... that's far away from what Ruin-Nation could be some day.Also, if you need someone to update the site, I could take care of it whenever I have the time, I'm on DSL now, remember? heh, just let me know the info to access the server and what needs to be done.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by AdR:Also, if you need someone to update the site, I could take care of it whenever I have the time, I'm on DSL now, remember? heh, just let me know the info to access the server and what needs to be done.Cool... The access info is around here somewhere. I'll locate it for you ASAP. All of the pics that needed added or updated are already uploaded to my folder there. Most of this update wouldbe pure logic for you since you& I have been in closer contact than any other people on this project that I know of. But, I would also like the pics of the Chevelle & Eclipse you've beenworking on posted on the appropriate page. If youneed anyother info, let me know.Dean
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

cool then, i'll add those pics also. I don't think i'll be needing anything else ATM, but i'll let you know as soon as I got access to it.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by AdR:cool then, i'll add those pics also. I don't think i'll be needing anything else ATM, but i'll let you know as soon as I got access to it.I just finished sending you a decent amount of info for the update... LOLOK. Let us all know when you get this done. I can't wait for the rest of the community to see everything else that has come along...Again, thanks. Dean

Check who’s online