Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Some bad news. (Reason I will not be here much anymore)

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Some bad news. (Reason I will not be here much anymore)

Post by Xarathatin »

Hello all, how are things here? Not looking too good huh JP?I'm sure that you'll get it up and running as soon as you can. I still cannot see, so I have my GF typing for me, let me explain. ok, here goes. A few weeks ago, after my last post on here, whenever that was.Doctors and Police explanation. My eclipse was traveling about 70 estimated (65MPH speed limit), Drunk driver in a dodge ram estimated 110MPH, collided when he ran a red light, into my drivers side of the car, my arm was immediately severed at my bicept and my cheekbone shattered and punctured my eye, I have no feeling yet in my face, my back is broke in 2 places, and I stil cannot see out of my right eye. My car flew about 100 feet hit on the passamger side and flipped 3 times. They have not stopped pulling glass out of my cheekbone and my back. I am going home with a full staff of medical professionals tomorrow. edit by gf ** His total damage is: Left arm : GoneLeft Eye : GoneTwo ribs : brokePunctured lung Facial reconstructionback surgery four platnim rods in his backleft knee replacedright leg : hole size of shifter in thighTotal Hospital charges $246,871.87 so far not including medication. (we are well set, so please no donations)I hope noone resopnds with something stupid, as he cannot see I will be reading this to him, If you would like to email him, his address is xarathatin@gdnmail.net, and put in the subject Carmageddon community, or something so I know what he needs to hear. Please no one post something laughing at him, It is taking all he has not to fall apart. Imagine you are him, these computers are all he lived for, now he probably wil not have that after this. Imagine you are him, then post a reply. He is truly sorry he could not finish this with you guys.Thank you, Barbara, Jacobs GF.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Re: Some bad news. (Reason I will not be here much anymore)

Post by -Bandit- »

Oh my god man, horrified to hear about this, there is no way i could laugh at this and anyone who does is sick. Hope that you get well very soon and i'll try my best to finish this project just for you. Even if we don't have a great programmer like you.to Barbara:The people that know about this are wondering if it would be ok to notify the whole community about this if it is ok with you.Peace foreverBandit[ April 16, 2002: Message edited by: -Bandit- ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

man that really sucks, ...i hope you recover as best you can, best wishes to both of you
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Bandit, He said that would be fine, he just wanted you guys to know first. Thank you for understanding, sometimes people don't but I am glad you do. Lady XarathatinBTW He comes home today :.)
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

I just posted a topic in the main forum explaining everything. Hope he gets well soon. Bandit
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

quote:Originally posted by Hellspawn73:curious...when you say severed as that as in severed and was able to be reattached or completely severed? either way they have great therapies and alternatives to that now.and xar's site...is his site believed to be coming back or gradually returning...when is his eye useable at all that was damaged by his cheek bone? we all hope his vision will return very soon so he can read these with his own eyes.Im new to posting things, as he calls it so if this doesnt look right please forgive me. His sight in his left eye will not be returning, ever, his right eye we hope will come back, The doctors are not to sure about it, but I do believe his vision will come back in his right eye. His left arm was cut off completely, smashed between the truck and the drivers door. He lost ALOT of blood in the 35 minuets it took the emergency people to get to the accident scene. Unfortunately the doctors are not able to reattach it, they didnt tell me why. I hope that we can go with prosthetics when he is well enough to do that again, but they said right now his nervus system is "fried" as they called it, kinda over worked till it burned out. What little bit he feels is pain. What is really upsetting me is the fact that the drunk driver was released on bail last night. I just hope he is strong enough to make it through all this, 1 minuet can change your life forever, so hard to believe. I dont know what to do, I have never dealt with anything like this before. Lady Xarathatin
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

well for starters your guys talking and coming here is a good place to start with dealing with your emotions and looking for support. i'm sorry to here about his loss of vision in his left eye...all i can do is hope for his right eye...i truly believe once he gets his vision back it will help speed his recovery process.on a different note i would highly recommend that both of you jointly and Xar on his own seek some professional counseling outside of what the hospital is providing. this is a very traumatic experience and is gonna take alot of work and is gonna effect both of your lives in ways you can't even phathom to forsee right now. a good therapist will be some that you can turn to for guidance through this process and also to vent, and will be covered by insurance under such circumstances.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

this got me thinkin last night, xar is about the 5th person i've know that was in a bad wreck with a drunk this year, freaking me out as i know my truck is a death trap, the only safty equipment being old lap blets and exploding gas tanks
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

wow! first off i have to say you are quite a girl and we are glad you are takin care of our pal.curious...when you say severed as that as in severed and was able to be reattached or completely severed? either way they have great therapies and alternatives to that now.and xar's site...is his site believed to be coming back or gradually returning...when is his eye useable at all that was damaged by his cheek bone? we all hope his vision will return very soon so he can read these with his own eyes.and last if i can say something that i hope can reassure him or give him hope. a very good friend of mine that i work with has no functional useage of his right arm. he is a coworker of mine and he is in the telecom industry and is very big into the pc world. although this maybe a very difficult period in his life this doesn't have to be an end for him to be able to pursue his passions and enjoyments. i only hope that xar will be willing to take on the challenge and find the strength to overcome his obstacles in a swift manner that he can get back to doing what he enjoys.thanks again for reading this to our friend!-Hellspawn out-
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I really don't know what to say here...But, as far as People I've met on the interenet go, there are only two that I would consider as my friends and Jacob was one of them!I read this all two day's ago. I haven't been much more than a zombie since. Everyone here that has seen my true self knows that I am an emotional mess. This had me feeling devastated... I'm starting to get myself back together now. So, I decided I'd let everyone know that I hadn't just disappeared.Now, Lady X, I have dealt with many similar situations to what you are dealing with now. In fact, my Fiancee had brain surgery just over a year ago to seal multiple aneurism's.IF you decide that you would like any personal advice or someone to get your frustrations out on, E-Mail me. I know how rough the road is that you are now travelling. And, I'm willing to be the ear you bend.Everyone else in here: You guy's astound me every time I turn around! You are probably the greatest & most mature out of t6his community. You handled youselves with the utmost maturity! I am honored to have each & every one of you on this crew.I'm sorry, I just can't think too clearly right now... I'm sure I'll have more to say later.Sincerely,Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!

Check who’s online