Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New project site.

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Junkpile
mindless

New project site.

Post by Junkpile »

I have cobbled together a new site for Ruin-Nation. But, even with all pertinent information there, it's quite ugly! I need someone to pretty it up for me. Also, I need somewhere to put the site, a counter for the site & a download counter for each downloadable file.If any of you could help, I would appreciate it. I could post for this out with the rest of the community. But, I would prefer that the help come from within the project.Let me know if you're interested or have any information that would be helpful. Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Dark Angel
angelus

Re: New project site.

Post by Dark Angel »

You could ask Boose for some space to put the site (www.polygonized.com), and i have a download counter script, i use it on pm and is pretty neat, if you want it shout and ill e-mail it to you. I recommend sitemeter.com for the counter, lots of stats and such.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

i could do some graphics for the site if you want. I'm not brilliant but i could give it a try.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

wasnt will doing a site?
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

let me see what you've done so far, i've been fooling around in fireworks and have something that looks not so bad(at least not compared to my others)
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Wow! I sort of expected this topic to get bout as few responses as the others I've posted lately. I'm glad to see there is still some interest in here! Dark Angel; Thank you very much! I would like the download counter script. I checked it out over at PM & it looks like just what I may need. I will be checking into sitemeter.com as soon as I'm done here. I think I've got the space covered now. But, just in case that doesn't work out, I'll keep Boose in mind.Bandit; I'd be both happy & grateful if you would make an attempt at doing some site graphic's! Let me know what you come up with.Buzz; Yes, Will was doing a site. But, I sent him a bunch of stuff (Pics, info, adjustment's, etc...) and nothing ever happened with the site. So, I'm considering him MIA for now. As soon as I get the web space problem sorted, I'll just point you towards it... UNLESS you would like me to send you what I've done so far through E-Mail. Let me know what you would prefer. By the way, what is fireworks? And, is that mod you did of DB's Doom Buggy ready to go yet? I would REALLY like to see what you've gotten done. I think I covered it all... Mucho thanks, Guy's!Dean
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

sorry dean - I didn't get any emails from you - I'm pretty sure there's something up with that address... how about sending stuff to me at work: will.mccourt@stainlessgames.com - and I'll see what I can do [ April 13, 2002: Message edited by: WILL ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

wow hes alive
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

http://www.cyberdwarves.com/buzz/dirtybitch.rar thats the obj, it needs to be setup and skinned, anyones welcome to do it
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

junkpile, could you show us what you have done so far? if you have no webspace to upload it to, e-mail me it and i'll upload it to planetmaim.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Will: I will send what I have in a zip file either tonight or tomorrow... I hope you can maybe do something more with it.I just wish things were farther along...Oh, there's a read me in the zip that tells you where everything should be extracted to on your hard drive to see what there is to see. It's not much...Dean
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

cheers Dean, I started working on it and stuck what I've done so far here I could test it online, it's still in a very early stage, I'll post here whenever there's a major update/change so you guys can keep track and give me ideas/opinions etc. Meanwhile I'll look into things like download counters and stuff...
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Will ,i've emailed the counter script i use to ya, it's pretty simple but does the job nicely
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Dark Angel:Will ,i've emailed the counter script i use to ya, it's pretty simple but does the job nicely Sorry, DA. But, It doesn't seem to have arrived in my inbox... I'd appreciate it if yu would try to resend it. Or, better yet, send it to WILL. I'm sure he'll know what to do with it. And WILL, the second page of vehicles doesn't seem to be there yet?Dean[ April 25, 2002: Message edited by: Junkpile ]
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

-updated-getting there, still working on the design...we have a hit counter and the download counter thing DA sent doesn't look tricky - cheers mate we still need somewhere to put the site though
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

i might be able to put it on cyberdwarvesm, how big is it going to be?
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Buzz:i might be able to put it on cyberdwarvesm, how big is it going to be?Well Buzz, It will pretty much consist of what you see HERE. Plus, I would like to have EVERY vehicle released to the Carmageddon Community downloadable directly from the site. I'm looking into some possibilities for a home. But, no luck so far. I can't afford to pay for a home for it... So, if you can find somewhere, let me know.By the way WILL, the sites looking great! I was really hoping it wouldn't look too extreme. The path your following with it is great! Thank you VERY much! Dean
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

i need to know how many megs it would be as im not paying for it.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Buzz:i need to know how many megs it would be as im not paying for it.I'll tally that up for you and let you know as soon as I possibly can. OK?Dean
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

viper will give us 50 megs to start with, need more than that?
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

That would be great! As close as I can figure at this point, the most I'd really need is around 30 meg. My only problem is, will someone from within the project be able to gain access to do the updates?Dean
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

it should be ready tomarrow, but were getting the phone lines cut off so dont bug me about any probs"ftp will be cyberdwarves.com, account will be accessable through www.cyberdwarves.com/ruin user/pass= ruin/nationthe dude lives in holland so i dont know when tomarrow will be btw, you might want to tank viper next time you see him
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

password doesn't work yetI'll try tomorrow then...
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

ok everyone has there own folder in the members section for temp files and pics, please try to keep them under 20 meg each.P.S. you might wanna make your own index file so people cant see the directory[ April 30, 2002: Message edited by: Buzz ]
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

oh and here are all the objs of the crap i've done so far that i can remember the names of http://www.cyberdwarves.com/ruin/member ... modles.zip
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

zip was fucked, fixed now
willB0T
Stainless

Post by willB0T »

Deanall up to date now mate
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by WILL:Deanall up to date now mate GREAT! I'm still pounding out some details of where to put this site for it's final resting place before we go public... Do any of you have any further suggestions for the site? Or, noticed any erroneous or left out information? Let me know ASAP. Dean(Edit; Ummm... I just checked the site & nothing was updated... I'll try again tomorrow & see if my ISP is just being retarded again! LOL)(Edit #2; Sorry... I found out what was wrong. My mistake. Looks great! Thanks WILL!!! ) [ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: Junkpile ][ May 14, 2002: Message edited by: Junkpile ]

Check who’s online