Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New vehicle on the way (2-wheeler)

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

New vehicle on the way (2-wheeler)

Post by Deep_Blue »

Dean, I can't get the pic to upload on MaxFiles, so I'll just tell ya about it for the time being. This thing is an enclosed two-wheeler (full composite lightweight aerodynamic body on this bike.) Powered by a transverse, rear mounted blown V8 (had a helluva time figuring out the gearbox/driveline arraingement and exhaust routing-and where the hell did I hafta put the radiator?!) As the engine is just forward of the fat rear wheel. (oh, yeah, the rear swingarm/shock assembly was weird too-monoshock setup), "Cab" ahead of the engine, with no floorboards. Got's a scoop on it similar to the DoomBuggy and a vertical stabilizer on the rear. It is intended to be a highway patrol M/C unit. Two fairly good sized air ducts on the sides for added engine cooling (the doors are actually part of the ducting.) Ever see a bike with doors? Well, gotta put the cop logos someplace.. Anyways I'm working on the skin and the interior which I plan to make look like it's jammed with an assortment of hi-tech, bike-scaled cop goodies. (I found a pic of the instrument panel on the space shuttle-lit up no less Already I can picture this thing in CHP dress or something. I'll post a pic at W&G's eventually.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Re: New vehicle on the way (2-wheeler)

Post by Junkpile »

Hell... I'll really be looking forward to seeing this. Sound's awesome! Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Hope to hell the pic works. I swiped yer gun barrel texture and most of the driver offa the scorpion (I chopped it up more to texture it in a cop's uniform- if that's not OK, lemme know and I'll fix it. Added two submachineguns and an assortment of cop type lighting. Big bumpers or armor other than the composite shell are impractical on this thing as it couldn't take any serious impact anyways and one man has to be able to hold it balanced when stopped. The engine and driveline are centered for this reason, with the transmission and final drive located under the engine to keep the weight centered. Power is brought to the rear wheel via a driveshaft similar to that used on the Honda Goldwing. Engine air intake and cooling are via the side air ducting and the roof scoop/duct, with the radiator mounted inside the upper duct horizontally above the engine. Rear suspension is coil-over monoshock, front suspension is standard hydraulic internally sprung forks. No spikes-strictly pursue-and-shoot. Gotta work out the .wam file. Lotsa shit on this to break/fall off-if it works, it'll be a framemobile after a few good tumbles/hits. Oh yeah, I found some CHP graphics for the thing, too- Not to bad, eh? (Picture's a lil' wacky 'cause I hadda shrink it to fit yer browser.. The graphics are sharper and straighter than this.)[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Did you recieve the E-Mail I sent you on this one? Just wondering...Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!

Check who’s online