Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

New project

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

New project

Post by -Bandit- »

i got bored last night so i decided to start a new car. Its gonna be a Post-Apoc VW Beetle. Here are shots of what i got done so far (only a couple of hours work)and i was wondering Junkpile, if i could borrow the engine out of your Rust raider to put in the back of it.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Re: New project

Post by -Bandit- »

I tried by best on this and it kinda hasn't turned out like what it was ment to. I'm not sure about that mental grid under the car, any suggestions or comments are welcome. Anything to imporove it from the state its in at the moment. I think a skin would probably improve the look of it, but i'm pants at skinning.
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

looks alright to me.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K..(flashin' back to the '70s) I've seen that bug done in real life. I think ya need to lose about half of those transverse bars on yer tube frame and raise that blower scoop so it's pokin' out just above the roof line out the back window. Some nerf bars front and rear and french the headlights and taillights into the fenders and chuck a scorpion header on it. Goodly skidplates up front under the nose, too.
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

heres what i have added. A big outer rollcage thing which i think makes it look a little better, i've added the lights and fixed the back up. Deep Blue how about i give you the model when i'm finished with it and you modify it, i don't know what half those things are you said
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

Just did this to see what it looks like.
Buzz
road raged psycho

Post by Buzz »

sweet, what did you make that with, i think its time to graduate from cared
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

made it with 3d studio max 3.1. Started the skinning and mapping and the whole model should be finished soon, gonna give it a kinda Herb-E skin. Like the one from the film.[ January 06, 2002: Message edited by: -Bandit- ]
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

Started to skin it last night and it is looking a bit like Herbie so far.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Looks good. And you said you couldn't skin well. LOL I liked it much better in the middle pic's. I think it would carry a bit more weight in a darker color...Just my two cent's...Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

Very nearly finished. Just got the person and the seat to map and skin. I got the engine skinned pretty well, but there are a few little bits that are off but they arn't seen. I can't post pics atm because my pics site is timeing out. I will tomorrow though.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

Here are the shots:
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah-when ya get it done I'd like to see what I can do with it, Bandit. I've customized a few Bugs in my day
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***

Check who’s online