Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

sorry about the lack of updates, but im still alive.

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Xarathatin
hit n run

sorry about the lack of updates, but im still alive.

Post by Xarathatin »

Ok I am here and alive. Not so good is my network at home. Anyway what is everyone up to. There have not been any updates for a while and We just need to know you are still with this. so just post anything you are working on even if it is text. any ideas? I dont care humor me. DB how is you model comming ? Bandit what are you working on? Beroc ? Adr? let us know guys think of this as a website more updates we have the better off we are. Everyone knows whats going on. laterXarathatin
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Re: sorry about the lack of updates, but im still alive.

Post by Deep_Blue »

Well, lessee... I can skin it in half an hour... rust and crap and holes is the easy part...The wheels grooves on the trailer is what I'm stuck on now... do ya just want a textured model that you can set up for your game engine or do ya need the physics, too? (cause if ya don't need the physics, it makes it beaucoup easier)...
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

Actually, I am working on several things... mostly in theory type of stuff. Working with some scripting for standard character movement and stuff like that. As well as looking at how Directx works in the game side...that one will take me a bit though. Also working on thoeries of Skin damage, as well as a standard m1 abrams, with plates and welded on plows and shit, it oughta be fun to play with. Question that brings me though, do you guys want the models built for C2 or TDR?
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Beroc-Lord of Destruction:Question that brings me though, do you guys want the models built for C2 or TDR?As far as the model's go, I have two replies.#1) For the game project, I do believe that it's not going to matter just what format these models are in. They will most likely need to be converted to something else in the end, anyways.#2) For the vehicle release's that we are doing to drum up interest within the Carma Community, I would actually like to have the vehicles made available for C2 & TDR. But, I don't think anyone in here knows how to convert those that were already released. Nor do I think anyone knows enough about TDR physics to be able to make my "Scorpion" possible in that game. It would be nice if this were possible. But, I don't think it will be.By the way, I'M BACK! But, as I thught, not a lot has happened in here. But, I still hope that it will pick up soon. I'm going to be working on another wreck soon (Maybe tonight...). I've got some movie script's to get done also. So, my contribution's in here are going to slow down. For a while at least.Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

quote:Originally posted by Junkpile:Nor do I think anyone knows enough about TDR physics to be able to make my "Scorpion" possible in that game. It would be nice if this were possible. But, I don't think it will be.DeanYes, it's possible, i did a model of a bike ages ago and got it working ingame. never relesed it along with 8 or 9 other cars.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Dark Angel:Yes, it's possible, i did a model of a bike ages ago and got it working ingame. never relesed it along with 8 or 9 other cars.OK! A bike can be done in TDR! Now, any ideas on how to convert the models, anyone? I hear that Beroc might know how to do that! (Hint, hint.)Dean
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

quote:Originally posted by Junkpile:#2) For the vehicle release's that we are doing to drum up interest within the Carma Community, I would actually like to have the vehicles made available for C2 & TDR. But, I don't think anyone in here knows how to convert those that were already released. Nor do I think anyone knows enough about TDR physics to be able to make my "Scorpion" possible in that game. It would be nice if this were possible. But, I don't think it will be.Gimme Scorpion, I will convert it as it sits. I do know TDR physics, just not C2 stuff.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Beroc-Lord of Destruction:Gimme Scorpion, I will convert it as it sits. I do know TDR physics, just not C2 stuff.OK. I just sent the "Scorpion" your way, Beroc. I also E-Mailed AdR to see if he would mind having his "Outlaw" converted as well. I hope you don't mind. But, I told him to just go ahead & send the "Outlaw" your way if he would like it converted.Dean

Check who’s online