Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

What happines when you Don't Patch an IIS Server?

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Xarathatin
hit n run

What happines when you Don't Patch an IIS Server?

Post by Xarathatin »

you loose roughly 2 months of work on a corrupted hd. : ( my Main file server and all other servers were hit with the code red and Namidia Worms yesterday drives are not seen and Shit is screwing up all over the place. Talking about a complete rebuild of my network hardware. Just goes to show you. No matter how secure you are, you can still get screwed. When I found out I wanted to throw up. : ( rebuild of the GUI among first month of engine work is now needed : ( sorry guys. and yes I had Norton Antivirus Corperate edition. Updated weekly/Automaticly. It did not work. All systems are down at home ecpt one AMD machine. Only reasone that is up is because it is a new drive I had just recieved 2 day ago. Just letting you all Know Whats up.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Re: What happines when you Don't Patch an IIS Server?

Post by -Bandit- »

dammit man that is lame, just say if you need any help.[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: -Bandit- ]
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

And here is how I overcame that.....First, you have a 2 gig hard drive, which only has the operating system on it. Setup everything, and... of course put the service pack 2 on it.Make a backup of it. In my case, Norton Ghost, written to a CD. All files you wish to serve should be backed up as well.... this is not on the ghost backup though.Also, it is a good note to have a second back up of your precious files.... Like in my case, they are stored on another machine, and hell, I even have the files at work.My server runs Win2k Server Edition with service pack 2, and serves the internet via cable modem to an inside network.I can't stress enough that your precious(thinking of golem from the hobbit now) files and back them up on a different machine.
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

yeah that is somewhat how I have mine minus the cable modem (mine is T1) with a few added features um i posted it before let me grab it again : ) here it is I have 9 systems here are the specs : ) HP Lh4 Netserver Dual Piii/Xeon 500mhz 256mb (Six 9.1gb 10k u2 RF) Integraded Netraid d7105av (keeps shitting on itself) just got it (has not had tdr installed on it yet) ^ROOT OF ALL EVILCISCO 1720 10/100 Modular Router Server 1 : DHCP, Active directory,File Server,Webserver,Ftp server (Windows 2000 Advanced Server) Duron 800@1284 (Watercooled with pelt) 1 Gig Crucial pc 133 (2 x 512) Asus A7V133 IBM Deskstar 40 Gig (primary drive for os) 14 Fujitsu 36.7 Gig Raid 5 on two Adeptec pci ultra2 wide SCSI Controllers Total storage space on server 1 is 513.8 Gig 140.3 Gigs of 513.8 Used Diamond stealth (Its a server) Plextor Plexwriter16x10x40 Generic Server Case w/8 5 1/4 drive bays No sound card Gateway ev700 (got from work in a raffel) Server 2 NS, Active Directory, Aplication Server (Windows 2000 Advanced Server) Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 512 Crucial pc133 Asus A7V133 IBM Deskstar 40 Gig Diamond stealth III s540 (again its a server) Generic 50 x cdrom No sound card 15" monitor pacard bell Server 3 :Print server, Active directory(Windows 2000 server) Intel Celeron 500 256 Generic pc 100 Asus p3-bf fujitsu 6 gig Hd generic 24x cdrom Generic 4 meg agp vid card No sound card 15" monitor samsung My personal machine : Windows 2000 Professional Athlon 1.333@1.966 (water cooled) Asus A7M266 512 Corsair pc2400 Vision-tek Geforce 3 w/tv out Hitachi GF 1050 DVD ram (SCSI) Plextor UltraPleX 40max (SCSI) 2 Fujitsu 36.7 Gig (SCSI) Sound blaster Live Altec Lansing- Dolby Digital THX-Certified Speaker System Sony G400 (19" Monitor) Generic mid tower My GF system : Windows 2000 Professional Duron 650@900 1st mainboard mb Integrated audio 256 crucial pc133 Power color Geforce 2 Ultra (my old card) External zip cdrw Generic 50x cdrom Inwin mid tower (not sure what model) Viewsonic 17" Monitor (Has burn in also got it from work) 10 gig fujitsu Cannon Scanner (dont know but it is very Slim) Generic surround sound speakers internal Zip 250 GF Sisters machine : Windows 2000 Professional Duron 700@1 Gig Asus A7V 256 crucial pc133 Generic 50x cdrom Dual Viewsonic 17" Monitors 2 10 gig fujitsu drives internal zip 100 power color Geforce 2 MX Dualview Soundbalster somethingorother headphones GF Mothers machine : Windows 2000 Professional Duron 700 (dosent trust OC ing ) Asus A7V 256 crucial pc133 Generic 50x cdrom 19" EMC (got it at bestbuy) 2 6 gig fujitsu drives internal zip 100 power color Geforce 2 MX Dualview Soundbalster somethingorother Now all servers will have to have the Hard drives replaced (Thank god they are under warranty) and ram replaced. The suck thing is that I Implement Security and design Security for large Corperations & would have never thaught I would have recieved this. Oh well learn from your mistakes i guess.

Check who’s online