Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

These MUST be voted in or out!

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Junkpile
mindless

These MUST be voted in or out!

Post by Junkpile »

There are a few vehicles of my own creation that I just can NOT choose as to what stays & what goes. So, I require the assistance of everyone else involved in here. OK. First off, lets get rid of a few tank-like vehicles. The truly large one's first.Stampeder Warmonger Warthog Ragnarock NOW the smaller ones...Dread Tread Packmaster Junkster Then there are the Rust Raider & Swamp Raider (aka; Bad Mudder). Idon't have a pic of the Rust Raider upped as of yet. But, just take this one, lower it almost to the ground, enlarge the side pipes & move them back by the rear fenders, extend the fenders out to the sides more & remove the "Cow Catcher" on the front and add a large spiked blade.Swamp Raider As usual, I will not be angry with your choices. Just choose!Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Xarathatin
hit n run

Re: These MUST be voted in or out!

Post by Xarathatin »

ok this is my 5th attempt at trying to post this keep Swamp Raider id say redoe everything else or make some from scratch but that is it later
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

some of those pics you sent me made me change my mind give me a little bit I think everyone should see them if noone will post replies then it will become our chice as to which ones stay and which ones go laterX
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

let's see... keep the warmonger, packmaster and ragnarock
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Keep Stampy-(my opinion) I didn't build it for the hell of it, ya know.. Every damn game has friggin' tanks in it.. Jeez, enuf already with the tanks.. Ya wanna make post-apocalyptic stuff, ya gotta figure what the average psycho survivalist is gonna be able to build, steal, or commandeer. Trucks, BIG ones with armor, fast cars that look like they been wrecked and salvaged, bikes with all kindsa blades/guns attached, etc. Everyday vehicles that have been turned into weapons-stuff like that... Tanks? Ya might as well play "Red Alert" or somethin' OK, I can see one or two pieces of stolen military equipment mebbe as a top-end option for the user, or mebbe as vehicles for the AI opposition. Just my 2c
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

That is true, but you also have to take into consideration that there are wealthy people in this game too. (What I address as the Inner Sanction) We also have the Wastelands. The wastelands are where you would find (the junkyard cars.) beaten not taken care of cars. Remember that we are talking about people that are EXTREMELY more advanced than we are now. The cars and trucks (trucks are good ideas as well) will have things on them that we do not have yet. (Kind of like
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

I dunno, ya think too far outside the box and ya lose the idea ya started with. Are ya doing "post-apocalyptic earth", post-apocalyptic Mars? Post whose apocalypse? What apocalypse? Are we talking "Deep Space 9"? Buck Rogers? Mad Max (Which has quite a following and a lotta spin-off "Max-alikes". I musta made the mistake of assuming that "Post-apocalypse" meant "Road Warrior" or "DefCon 4"-type scenario- How silly of me. If ya wanted Japanese yo/mo/fo drug-dealer cars and tanks, why'nt ya say so? Hell, Let's put some Star Trek shuttle craft or mebbe some "Aliens" landing craft in there too. Hell, I can make military equipment with the best of 'em, Hell I DROVE some a them back when... I remember them like yesterday--just put some Doom-type BFG9000's on 'em. Oh, yeah, How about a Honda Civic Del Sol, too... Can't have froofroo cars without one a those! "Post-apocalyptic cars of the rich and famous". Ya, OK. I can do those.Hey, ya want the imitation Cow seat covers innat Del Sol? Or the Italian brushed leather ones? I mean, OK, Mitsubishi Eclipse is a righteous rice-rocket(Translated: Mid Life Crisis in vehicular form- I picture a fat bald guy in a suit trying to cruise for chicks at the mall... Not a post- apocalyptic scenario...). I realize that this post will either make people remember what the original idea (might have) been, or it will prolly get me banned, but for a story, I think Dean has a good idea- but ya make it too glitzy and lose the "Harsh", spike thru the head attitude and you're suddenly making "Cruisin' USA" or NFS5 with weird guns... Whoa! I just reread your post again... They are MORE advanced than we are now? So---it IS Deep Space 9 is it? I also reread a couple posts from other threads in this forum from awhile back and I saw one by Beast that was saying something like post-apocalyptic as in like 5 years from now using cars and stuff like we have now... I must hafta log into this forum every ten minutes to see what has changed- I was really under the impression that this was gonna be a gritty, "If you don't use your head-someone else might" kinda game. Now we got super-advanced bikes that don't exist, yo/mo cars (Hey-make 'em go Boom-Boom too...mebbe a lil' Eminem inna background thru the Benzi-box innat Del Sol..) I'm sorry if I sound like a cynical hardass, but I AM a cynical hardass sometimes. I ain't knockin' anybody's ideas-they're all good ones, but are we workin' on "Mad Max" or "Miami Vice" here??? I'm all frickin' confused now??? I mean, realistically- How the hell could a rice-rocket hold up as a weapons platform? Even half-assed believably? You put 2 or four Gatling cannons (Vulcans or similar in a mitsubishi and try to hit something with it- A.) it's gonna collapse from the weight of the weapons, I don't care what you do with the suspension. Anybody who plays military RPG's or action games already knows this. B.) if you hit something-ANYTHING with a mitsubishi (again, I don't care if it's got titanium bumpers-which it couldn't hold up on it's best day-if ya hit something with a mitsubishi, it's gonna act like a Pepsi can after the train ran over it, nevermind carrying the weight of multiple cannons, it won't be able to get out of it's own way... People who play military games are into the details of the weaponry and the plaforms it's on. They pretty much know the detaisl an specs, they're really INTO that- s'why they play 'em- It's the only chance most of 'em'll ever have to even remotely use any of those weapons for anything. If ya make it too far out- it'll be un-believable and turn into, I dunno.. TDR or sumpin'. Now an old semi, or mebbe a pickup or a full-sized car would carry some iron, but rice rockets? Hovercraft? Funky "Tron"-type bikes? Ya lost me compared to what this game was originally s'posed to be. If I bought a game where somebody put an unbelievable amount of heavy shit on a go kart and expected me to accept that it was even a little tough, I'd demand my money back after I got done laughin' at it. If I remember correctly, the idea was to create a better Carma. Something that captured the original dark spirit of Carma 1 and magnified it a whole lot where ya could interact with the environment more than ya can in Carma. At least that's how I percieved it. Mebbe I was wrong. Mebbe ya should make some a the characters "badass brothas" (sic) and have 'em holdin' their 9's out the car windows sideways and stuff.. Better yet, forget the 9's, lasers are MUCH better- how 'bout lil' bitty nukes? Oh yeah, and light saber-like thingies? Jeez....what was the story behind this game again anyways...?...? The ruins of what once was, I thought. Dean? Are ya goin' Buck Rogers with this? 'cuz if ya are- that ain't what I'm workin' on. And I ain't gonna remake Star Wars. I might's well scrap the old Mack Tanker and the "Swamp Rat", "War Horse" and stuff and start makin' Acuras and hovercraft... (Post-apocalyptic-Yuppie, mebbe?)[ October 10, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Let me try to make this as straight forward as possible...This game IS supposed to be everything you stated above, DB. Most of the action/interaction will take place in the wastelands. However, there is the other side of life. The life of those who live in the fortress cities. Their way of life would be much easier. Their vewhicles would be nicer & they would have access to higher technology... But, higher does not mean better. You see, when it comes to game physics, the energy weapons may cause more damage than "modern" projectile weapons. But, you would have to take into consideration the "power-up" pause before you could fire again & decreased range. Besides, the higher tech end of stuff will not only be rare but VERY difficult to get your hands on. Hi-Tech weaponry & such would not be made of the sturdier materials that todats weapons are. Therefore, they would be more easily destroyed but, would jam less. I am looking at the big picture here. Even in todays "underground" military storage facilities there are things that we all would consider fictional.For the wastelands, your stuff will be totally awesome, DB. Don't give up on this now! Remember in an earlier thread, when asking if you could work on certain things for the wastelands? That was because, as I mentioned in that thread, I was working on stuff from the Fortress Cities? Well, the "Scorpion" is the first of those.We have the opportunity here to create a game that will have something to attract people who are into almost every game genre that exists! But, I am also trying to keep a certain balance & "darkness" to the whole thing. I don't want this to turn into a war, guy's. :et's just try to keep our head's here & work together... But, I think we could use your expertise with something MUCH more important than the position you are sitting in right now. Reading over your post, I realized that you were precisely right on the weapons to cars examples you were making. If nobody has a problem with it, I want to make DB the one to consult for all such things. I want this to be a very gritty nail-biting "Death around every corner" game. But, I think that DB has a VERY accurate point in the fact that we do need to keep to realism in many ways...You know, asking for peoples opinions in here is getting me nowhere with of you... So, I'm just going to appoint this to DB. Dude, if someone is doing something that you think is too far out of the box, say something! I don't even care if it's me. I just want you to remember, the tech level of the Fortress Cities IS higher than it is in the wastelands. But, the characters that are designed to be from the Fortress Cities, will not be able to waltz in & out of them at will. Once you're out, Good luck getting back in! So, eventually, even their high tech monstrosities are going to end up looking as if they came from the wastelands because a lot of the parts on them have.So, let's just all try to work together & keep the tempers down. OK?Dean
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Dude DB calm down I didn't post to piss you off. We have barely began to start the game. This is a project not bitch off and I told everyone that this was going to happine. We do not have a storyline even written yet. Don't get upset, I didnt mean to offend you. Please? The reason we post stuff is so we can work out these problems out, not create more. You have made valid points. I have been working on this very thing with beroc for at least 6 months before JP said anything about it. Sso I have some ideas that don't work with what you thaught this is going to be like, that is fine lets work them out. Jeaze (sp) I mean really this is again our reality why not take advantage of it. I'm creating the engine Void is doing the AI (which I plan on making one of the best AI engines designed) don't freak out lets just talk about this ok? My ideas, your ideas, JP's ideas, EVERYONES ideas. Have to be included in this for this project to work.My most sincere apologies. Jacob Xarathatin Northbrook PS If we can not work things this minute out in the beginning where will we be in a year? I don't want to make enimies I admitted I'm wrong and I am sorry.
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

what about the power source of the cars? i mean, it won't be petrol anymore, i suppose, this is a post-apoc world.. there should be a petrol shortage, so there's only availabe for the people inside the cities... the wastelanders should be dealing with this problem, using altenative fuels. That's the concept i used to create "The Outlaw" and the "Flux Decapitator". The first works with two tanks of gas, and the flux-decap, well, like in the movie, mr. fusion works with garbage =)i think that's a good idea, that's all.
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by AdR:what about the power source of the cars? i mean, it won't be petrol anymore, i suppose, this is a post-apoc world.. there should be a petrol shortage, so there's only availabe for the people inside the cities... the wastelanders should be dealing with this problem, using altenative fuels. That's the concept i used to create "The Outlaw" and the "Flux Decapitator". The first works with two tanks of gas, and the flux-decap, well, like in the movie, mr. fusion works with garbage =)i think that's a good idea, that's all.I understand where you're coming from on this. But, I think to keep game play a bit simpler, we may just have to make reference to such struggles. Or maybe, all vehicles will still run on Gasoline. We need it to be standardized or, most attempts to salvage from your defeated opponents will turn up nothing. That wouldn't be good nor, fun. This game is going to be difficult enough to survive! But, maybe alternative fuel sources can be used as vehicle upgrades... I don't know. We'll see. Input from others on this aspect would be appreciated.
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh, I'm not freakin' out. Ya just asked for opinions awhile back..'K, so this is the wrong thread for it- But obviously ya sure did notice it. Naw, I'm not upset- and I AM workin' on the badlands stuff-badder than ever, now. I guess part of me wanted to see if I was dealing with pipe-dreamers y'know, yer making a game environment based on basically the environment I've lived in for the past 2 decades- OK, not post-apocalyptic, but pretty goddamned harsh and hostile. (Matter of fact, it just got way better a couple years ago for me.). I guess it's like those 19 y/o hippie wannabes that wanna bring back Woodstock- only they don't have a clue as to what it was. The other part of me wanted to see who in here actually has some "Hair on their asses" so to speak. After dealing with people who say they're somebody and then turn out to be "Madison Avenue" mouthpieces (Daniel, in a previous post on the other part of the board, for instance...) They talk about making down and dirty stuff, but they can't. They don't have a clue what it is. Make no mistake, I've served in the U.S. military, and I've lived on the road for years- My balls clang when I walk.- I've lived more or less in the "wastelands" and I identify extremely well with the geography and the attitudes that live there. S'why I picked the rice-rocket apart. You're gonna want to create your wasteland characters/vehicles/scenery, etc. with this attitude unless ya want it to look and feel like somebody dreamed it up between his bagel and latte one morning at the cafe. That (And I think this is what Dean envisioned) in-your-face, "Hey, I used to be a normal guy before the war/accident/apocalyptic crisis happened- but I forgot who that guy was and it don't matter anymore anyhow.. Hey Bones-this guy's funny as hell! Find me a hammer so I can kill him now, willya? The attitude of people who would rather feel bad than feel nothing at all. As far as weapons and physics related to them, Yeah, I can do that. I was THERE, man! Also- I AM a mechanic. And a professional driver- everything from trucks to buses and alla shit in between (rodder, too). I can pretty much tell what something is gonna handle or act like by looking at the layout of it or listening to the description of it. Yeah, talk to me before ya put nuclear shit in a Honda or sumpin' If it don't make "wrench-sense" it ain't gonna fly in public. Xar, I like your original layout of the AI-what it took into consideration. Very thorough. Dean, I like yer concept. I'm getting into the feel of this for real 'cause that's when I do my best work. I just didn't wanna see it turn into a yo/mo scene that was just too unbelievable. That and, well, I'd just heard that the raghead bastards over here in the States are prolly gonna attempt to poison our water supplies with some kinda bad shit like somebody did to those guys in the Sun building in Fla. and that just brought out alla the old rage and attitude in me from the old days. Din't mean to take it out on anybody, but I do know how to make a point. No froofroo talk about it. (Note* Xar- I think the multiple "inside the box" reference prolly just set me off.m I just pictured a milquetoast dude in a suit making a frame with his fingers around my face telling me to "envision" stuff and "Get the big picture"... I almost started looking for a hammer....But nothin' personal, Xar, I think ya got it all together and even remeber where ya put it. I told ya way back when- I write like I talk and I talk like I think. I just don't always disclose the motives right away. Don't take it personal, man... it's just "culture with a side order of grits" So I like "Stampy" it just reeks that "slammed together badass what-the-hell-did-it-used-ta-be-ness" Tanks-everybody's got- I think we oughtta have badder shit in here- stuff with attitude for the wastelands. Y'know-stuff that looks friggin' OMINOUS. What say ye, Dean? (Warmin' up my torch and sawzall) Whaddya want that tanker to be about? Whaddya want it to say when it crests a hill? Whaddya want the poor bastard in the Del Sol to "envision" when he sees it comin' after his ass? Do ya want him to cop an attitude and aim his "bad mo/fo nine" out the window at it and pop some caps, or do ya want him to piss all over his imitation Cow seat covers and run like fuck away from it? Stuff like this I'd like to know to create the proper....."ambience" of the rig.[ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ][ October 11, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Agreed and nothing has been taken personally Again i do appologise
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by Deep_Blue:What say ye, Dean? (Warmin' up my torch and sawzall) Whaddya want that tanker to be about? Whaddya want it to say when it crests a hill? Whaddya want the poor bastard in the Del Sol to "envision" when he sees it comin' after his ass? Do ya want him to cop an attitude and aim his "bad mo/fo nine" out the window at it and pop some caps, or do ya want him to piss all over his imitation Cow seat covers and run like fuck away from it? Stuff like this I'd like to know to create the proper....."ambience" of the rig.Well DB, to be perfectly honest, I would like the sucker in the Del Sol to envision his horribly painful & maddening death. When this rig tops the hill. Then, as it begins barreling down that hill towards him, I would like him to panic in senseless fear, unloading his worthless "bad mo/fo nine" at the rig as he bolth pisses & shits himself all over those imitation cow-hide seats! How does that sound to you, DB? I think that would be great. Can you capture that sort of ambience for the rig? I can't wait to see this... Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh.. Dude, I eat, sleep and BREATHE that kinda "ambience", (BTW- I hope ya programmers or anybody else can come up with better engine sounds than C2 ones for these things. I'm hearing something just short of "Demonic with solid lifters" for this rig. The design is still flexible for this truck at the moment and I will adjust it according to what ya wanna see on it, Dean-but when it's done, if ya can picture Biff Spiff bandit wannabe inna Del Sol sitting at the bottom of a dip in the road and seeing all of a sudden a line of clearance lights appearing over the edge of the horizon flanked by two columns of black smoke. All of a sudden he hears a sound like a banshee screaming in the middle of a thunderstorm off in the distance. The roof line and tanker top appear next and the scream has become the howl of dual 8-71 blowers breathing thru a 1000 cubic inch Mack Thermodyne diesel, bellowing thru a set of 8" diameter stacks like all the demons of hell at once. Then the behemoth shows it's face- a rusted, bullet-holed sheet metal and armor hide riddled with spikes and blades that shows the burn scars of previous but brief and violent encounters with lesser vehicles. The window holes are armor-plated with slits in them giving no indication of what or who pilots this juggernaut. (sound of it's driver shifting down two gears and punching the throttle, sending geysers of orange-yellow flames from the stacks..). All across the front the Del Sol driver sees huge pushbars, slightly bent in places where others have lost the fight. Where the bulldog used to be now sits, impaled on the mounting bolt, a human skull. The truck bounces over the crest of the hill and the minigun on the top of the tank becomes visible, manned by a vaguely human shape contained in a metal tube cage crouching behind a slab of boilerplate. The air horns blast over the roar of the engine and the scream of the blowers as the driver shifts back up to reach maximum impact velocity, the air shifter hissing maniacally, the gears howling like they haven't seen a drop of oil in decades... all 18 tires whining in pain on the blacktop..... Anyways, this is the "ambience" I'm trying to come up with. Kinda like "Maximum Overdrive" on steroids..[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

HOLY SHIT!!! DB, I never had a clue that you were able to creatively write out your imaginings! That is GREAT! I could not only see this cenario in my mind's eye, I could feel it as well! I can't wait to see this sucker! In fact, I'm constructing a whole scenario (aka; mission) in my head at this very moment with this truck as the star. Um, you don't mind, do you? I think this little story you just wrote out could be the intro movie for the mission, also. Dude, I'm excited about this one Dean
Beroc-Lord of Destruction
road raged psycho

Post by Beroc-Lord of Destruction »

I'm Impressed.... (applause)I would aggree with DB though, I think tanks are a bit excessive, maybe 1, big mammoth, really fucked up tank.... armor plates added on for good measure. And, I kinda disagree with the some people got it some people don't serman X was givin, I would rather live in a world where no ones got it, and if you don't watch out, someone's gonna take what you got too, shit. Perhaps some old Iron clad jeeps, with machine guns. Gimme a bit, I will come up with a tank for yas.....
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Heheh... Ya liked that one didya? I write and talk the same to save time and take up less space, but I ain't nowhere's near stupid OR uncouth. Before I was a hardass, I lived some a the good life. *see previous post----"I used to be a normal guy, before...* I din't live this long without SOME kinda education and "Cultural Enlightenment." Soon as I get this rig groovin' and skinned, you'll be the first one to see it come over yonder hill... I like yer mission idea. Oh, yeah, I already got an old '40-somethin' flat-fendered Jeep built.. No skin yet tho.. How ya want it outfitted?BTW- I hope yer usin' sounds in .wav format, but they can be converted to other formats. I'll be hangin' around the local truck stop and see if'n I can't find me a Brockway or somethin'-they're the loudest, chuggin'est trucks on the road- to record and then modify the sound some so it fits this monster... Also, I'm havin' trouble with the rig in-game 'cause C2 says it can't support the screen depth for it.. (???) Lemme work on it-I'll figure it out...[ October 14, 2001: Message edited by: Deep_Blue ]
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, I'm just gonna send ya the model .obj with the skins- you guys prolly aren't using C2's engine anyways so the layout won't matter... s'pecially if the polycount is too high.. I took thatt-fendered Jeep and fer the helluvit made it a camo military thing with an M60 gun on it and added Osama bin Fuckup and Mullah Omar Taliban creep to it and I'm making their heads come off and the bodies fall out along with the seats so ya can play raghead hockey with 'em... sound righteous or what?

Check who’s online