Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

EVERYONE READ THIS!!!

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Junkpile
mindless

EVERYONE READ THIS!!!

Post by Junkpile »

This is an oversight correction. It has come to my attention that another member of this venture feel's thatt I have not been giving credit where credit is due. First; I would like to explain. This project was not expected to even get off the ground, by myself. I have been extremely excited & somewhat overwhelmed by the response this has gotten. This person has come to be considered as a dear friend by me. All I can do to attempt to rectify this situation is to now concentrate my effort's on correcting this. Deep_Blue, I hope this is good enough for you. If not, I guess I'll have to have the below listed vehicles pulled from the project... There are many part's from MANY vehicle's used in my creation's. I can not give credit to all of these people partially because, I can't remember where I got a lot of the part's. But, I also have seen many part's circulating through this community that are identical to other's. I had once been told by another that most modeller's out here will use part's of other's vehicle's to short-cut. I may have taken this too far in DB's eye's. But, if his stuff wasn't good & I didn't like it, I wouldn't have used any of it...Dread Tread; Rear tread by DB.HellDozer; Original model by DB.Packmaster; Side gun's, nose & rear tread by DB for the Stampeder (See Below).Junkster; Rear tread & cockpit nose by DB.PT Bruiser; PT Cruiser body & some of the skin (For the Swamp Rat) by DB.Rocket Scooter; part's from two of DB's bike's were combined to create this.Rust Raider; Some physic's work, engine detailing, rusting of chrome & such, headlight's &, taillight bar by DB.Stampeder; Totally built by DB from my design sketches before I even knew how to plot a point in CarEd.Stiletto; Wheel's, nose, frame, fork's & taillight's by DB.Swamp Raider; See Rust Raider minus the physic's work.With all of that said, DB & any one else,who wishes to leave this project, I'll understand. I just don't know what else to say... But, I will do whatever it take's to keep my friend from being upset with me.Dean[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: Junkpile ]
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Xarathatin
hit n run

Re: EVERYONE READ THIS!!!

Post by Xarathatin »

DB and anyone else it is now up to you I'm staying in. If you want them pulled out and not used I'll remove them from my site and we will not use them. Everyone in this right now is a great asset to this indevor and would be sorley be missed if they decided to leave. It is your decision and I will respect it no matter what. Respond if you want to keep your models in this indevor or if you wan thtem removed. also respond if you are leaving this endevore although i hope noone does. later all Xarathatin
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

If you ask me, I think that it's good that Junkpile told us about this now, and not when we're well deep into the project.I've never agreed with using other people's stuff, and not giving credit. Credit should allways be given where its due - that way, we keep up the good relationtips in the community, and actualy show cooperation, which is allways good.I dont think anyone should leave. We should just be more carefull about what we do, who we take stuff from etc, and we should make sure about giving credit where due.And after all, this is a joint project, where we all do something (well, except me, I just sit here and complain). We should all help each other learn etc.BeastyThe Peacekeeper
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

Well, i agree that if you use someones stuff you should give em credit for there work. But with me i don't use any other peoples stuff. All my stuff is original and made only by me. Well except the skins.[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: -Bandit- ]
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I think that the potential problem has been averted... I read ,just a few minutes ago, an E-Mail response to my apologies. I'm not sure if he has even seen anything in here because, he has not referred to it through E-Mail nor has he left any replies in here. but, thing's are looking better. You see, DB & I come from the same neck of the wood's. I was the very first member of his Yahoo! club, http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/weirdandgearleysgarage I've watched that club & him go from C1 to C2. Now, I'm watching him go back to C! in some pretty amazing way's. In fact, it was DB who was finally able to talk me into trying my hand at modelling. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be in here right now. While these creation's were shared with the club only, there were no qualm's about what was who's. Or, who did what. I NEVER gave credit in the text file's. But, in the photo album's, briefcase storage area or in duscussion through post's in the club, everyone just knew and life went on. I knew that out here it would be different. But, everything just started happening so fast, I wasn't thinking straight. I do agree with Beast, though. This is a shared project. We are kind of forming our own little community & we need to be cooperative with each other. This include's giving due credit & being considerate of each other. Sadly, I feel that I failed my friend, DB, on both account's. Being excited & overwhelmed is not an acceptable excuse for what I've done. But, I promise here & now to ATTEMPT to never do either again. But, if I do screw up again, someone please try to let me know nicely & I'll take whatever step's needed to correct the situation immediately!Thank you for letting me rant a bit. And, if you read this WHOLE post, I compliment you on your mental endurance. I would have never been able to read that far through this... mess!!! LOLLaterz,Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Yeah, 'K.. I'll bash ya uside th' haid if need be... Good 'nuf for me. Keep the models, dude, just check with me before ya swipe any new ones I've finished, K? I'd appreciate it and like I told JP, I've had people standin' on my shoulders to get where they're goin' all my life, see? Nice guys DO finish last, unless they learn to bust a few ankles now 'n then.. No problems here and I'm along for the trip-just understand that if I'm gone for a time it's because I'm drivin' back 'n forth to NYC for the mess that's goin' on there. (In case anybody here doesn't know, when I'm not under the hood, I haul people for a living. Other than that, I got my big-ass cuppa coffee and a full deck o' smokes, some HD space, and a beaucoup pile a triangles and ready to poly it to the max..
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I fully understand how busy you are DB! In fact, I'm going to have to disappear from here for a few day's real soon. When I return, I really hope that this is still going. In fact, I think I would like to officially ask Beast, DB & Xarathatin to watch over this when I go. I will be talking business on ANOTHER business project I've been working on alone for year's...If anyone has a problem with my choice's for, or being chosen for, foreman, just let me know.DeanSorry, forgot to let you know. But, I'm leaving October 1st. So, I'll need to know by then.[ September 23, 2001: Message edited by: Junkpile ]
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Id be honored (i know i spelled that wrong) anyway thanks JP
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Junky, I'd be honoured (thats the correct way to spell it :P )And the rest of you, you dont need to call me 'Supreme ruler of all that is the universe'.Your Majesty will do.TB

Check who’s online