Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

post-apoc charger?

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
AdR
pimp

post-apoc charger?

Post by AdR »

heck, i'm not very good at making post-apocalyptic cars, but i'll take any ideas for this car this is what i can do, modify all of my cars to make them look "post-apoc". So JP, let me know if you're interested, and in wich format you'll need the cars, i need to know that before i start mapping the textures.
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Re: post-apoc charger?

Post by Hellspawn73 »

i think its a great start....maybe like lift the car and give it truck mudders and use some rusty textures like i did on the eliminator and i say your there dude
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Hellspawn's got it right... Basically, all you really need to do to your own model's is, remove parts, mix in other parts, trash out the texture's & maybe add some bar's blade's or spike's. I think you've got a hell of a start thee, though. I do like the mudder idea, Hellspawn. Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Until the programmer's on this project let me know about their progress, I have no idea on what format to use... Just texture it as if you would any C2 car, for now.Dean
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Methinks I get the picture, "Rust Raider/Swamp Rat"-ish, only meaner, yes? BTW-can ya use the Swamp Rat?
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I never thought you'd ask, DB! I'd be more than happy to add that sucker. Now, are you goingto work up the background for the character, or are you gonna stick me with that? And, yes, the Rust Raider/Swamp Rat look is pretty much what I'm after here. I have an APC & Pick-Up in the shop right now... As soon as I have something worth showing on them, I'll have to find some way of posting pic's in here...BTW, How's things progressing AdR? I, for one, can't wait to see what you come up with!Dean
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

well, buzz is working on a more "rusted" skin for the charger, wich is now called "The Outlaw". Made a few mods, is almost done, i'll post a pic ASAP
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

here it is: with a little help on the rust by buzz, that's what i've got so far. it still needs a driver, wich i'll be working on it this week. In case you wonder why the door sticker looks weird, is 'cause i took it from "Street Rod", the old game, wich i'm a huge fan of it
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Dude ADR that is F'ing Sweet Something I would like to see in here. An eclipse all transformed for the game. or as well a Toyota supra either one molested to look like something that would fit into the game. either or ill try and get some 2d images for you allto see what you would think. later for now Xarathatin
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Absolutely bitchin', AdR! Things are really starting to come together for modeller's here. We have 4 vehicle's for sure at this point. I think the only one that HAS a character concept behind it is my Rust Raider. I'll be getting pic's of everything up in here as soon as possible.At this point, working model's are;Outlaw (AdR & Buzz)MackDaddy (Spawny)Rust Raider (JP & DB)Swamp Rat (DB)We also have a very decent IDEA from Bandit. But, nothing solid as of yet.BTW, AdR & Hellspawn. I would love to give those mean machine's a go once they're complete! That is, if you wouldn't mind.Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

quote:Originally posted by AdR:this is what i can do, modify all of my cars to make them look "post-apoc". B]I would like to request that you do something similar to your 1968 Chevy Camaro SS next. I think that car has a lot of potential for this kind of thing. But, I'll be happy just to see what come out from you next, whatever it may be. Dean
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

sure man! i was thinking about the camaro too and about the driver, any ideas are welcomed, and i have one question: the driver should be a simple model or a complex one? as soon as i get all the files in a zip i'll send you the car.
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

looking fucking sweet adr
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Dude, the "Outlaw " is definitely in this game if you still want it be. I just ran that sucker through EVERY test I could think of today. When I test a vehicle, I don't have set standards that I feel every vehicle should conform to. I test them to see if the way they drive measure's up to the way they look. The "Outlaw" definitely drive's the way it look's! I really can't wait to see what you do to the Camaro... This other one you're doing is quite decent so far. I hope it can measure up to the "Outlaw", though. My Fianee even want's the "Outlaw" installed on her system now. I let her drive it on mine. Keep up the excellent work!Xarathatin, I think that the pic of this car should definitely be put in with the other's I sent you, now.Dean
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

JP one thaught (its going up right now ) but hte phsics are going to chage with the new engine as the engine gets done either i can make it work with the stype car or the modelers can work the models to work with the engine unless you decided to go with the carma engine that is later X
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I still feel that our own engine is the best way to go. If you think it would be possible, I would like to see these creation's worked into the engine in the format they are already in irf possible & plausible. Failing that, I think it would only be fair to the modeller's to create something that will convert the ready made model's to a format that will work with the engine. Let me know what you think.Dean
AdR
pimp

Post by AdR »

about the format, i have the tools to convert the car to any other format, using as a base the .3ds. I would like to know if i'll keep working on my cars in c2 format or something else. And can i release the outlaw for c2?
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

I take it the toos used are Beroc's creation ? if so keep working on them for c2 because I know how well they work and they can be converted to any format that we might use later on ill probably change to something max can use but until then do what you will i dont mind and it makes no more work for me or you either way.
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

sweet model but i would recommend against release at this time...i would recommend postin it in a seperate forum...perhaps we could submitt models to beast and beast can moderate them for us at dtd....a link that we all as a team could d/l with out the general public at this time....and sorry guys i've been very busy with fixin my cutlass after last weekend(d'oh!!!)...my concern that i'm havin now is as most people know i am much better at buildin on other people models then from my own...concern that i have is if you do decide to do somethin with this...i know slayer would be cool with me usin his models since i always give him credit but i started buildin a rally raider concept that is a highly modified version of yuri's camaro...i was jus lookin to make models jus so that you had sumthin to test in the game once it is ready. other words ya guys may start havin probs with my work.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

Junkpile said that if the car creators wanted to release the cars to the public, they can feel free to.Now, as far as distributing cars between the participants in the project, I'm all up for it (I actualy just wanna give the cars a go). So if you want your car uploaded somewhere, I can host the stuff at dtd, no worries at all, just give me a notice before e-mailing the stuff, as my connection aint that lovely you know.And if you send stuff, mail it to beast@seir.net.mk - thats my ISP addie, and its easier for me to download.CheersTB
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

As long as there is NO mention outside of this forum that the vehicle was created for this endeavor, I see no problem with them being hosted outside of this forum.I think it only fair to allow this considering that the main vehicle to spawn this idea within my cranium was the Rust Raider. Which, has already been put up on dTD.If they are ALL (The one's that are released, anyways.)hosted at dTD, once we get closer to release, maybe they could all be linked to their own page on dTD to promote the game.Just my two cent's.I'll be responding to other message's in here later tonight. Because, I have to do some running right now & I'm still waiting to hear from DB on last night's event's. And, please, don't any of you get upset with him. He was well within his right's to complain to me. I just wish I would have caught my own oversight before anyone got upset. Yes, I'm upset. But, at myself. NOT DB.Dean[ September 21, 2001: Message edited by: Junkpile ]

Check who’s online