Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Okay then

Discontinued post-apocalyptic TC project by Junkpile and co.
Beast
The Man

Okay then

Post by Beast »

I sorted you with this new forum. It's private, so only a number of users can enter and post/reply in this forum. So far, I've given access to:Junkpile (who's also the moderator of this forum, as it's his gig)Deep BlueXarathatin (did I spell that right?)EricHellspawnAdRWill (he asked nicely)And offcourse, as admins, myself and Noodlez have access to the forum.If there's anyone I missed, and you think should have access to the forum, just post here, and I'll get on it ASAP.CheersTB
willB0T
Stainless

Re: Okay then

Post by willB0T »

woohoo
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

OK, Beast. Only 2(Two) other's need to be given access. They are, Dark Angel & Bandit. With Bandit, most of what was discussed between us was via E-Mail. And again, thank you for this forum.ALL HAIL THE BEAST!ALL HAIL THE BEAST!ALL HAIL THE BEAST!LOL!!!Laterz,Dean
Peace & love, my Brotha... SPLAT!!!
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

'K, JP.. I'm here, the tape has self-destructed and I'm still here, so I must be considered necessary... I'm kinda busy at the moment driving personnel and materiel to NYC for the rescue/cleanup effort, but I got some time on weekends. (Our company is based in Staten Island, so my bus terminal is kinda a given to help out). Whatcha need?
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

wow....i'm honored beast...didn't even know i'd been recruited...however those of the older members know what i bring to the table i may be slow but if i say i'll do sumthin i'm there and i don't spout shit. and i already did my own c2 conversion so again i digress and i'm honored. i guess what i can dig out of my old files here for you guys was my valhella 2 concept car....more than gladly donate that ride
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Hellspawn; What is this Valhella 2??? Would you mind E-Mailing it to me? And, is there an interesting character to go with it? Right now we're just accepting submission's on vehicle & character idea's. The rest will have to wait 'til our programmer's come up with something. Exactly what conversion have you done?Deep_Blue; You're here to do part-time stuff on whatever you can. I'd appreciate it if you would help test & judge submitted idea's. Maybe even do something of your own for me to test & judge! (Hint, hint. ).Will; are you going to be contributing to this project or, are you just here as a mute bystander?Everyone; Idea's of all sort's are welcomed. I will be keeping track of idea's that are accepted & will keep everyone updated every once in a while. Don't be shy! "there are no stupid idea's. just stupid people.".Laterz,Dean
Hellspawn73
speed freak

Post by Hellspawn73 »

valhella is a character from c1...and also her car happened to be tweaked and ended up bein tweaked to be used as the packaging cover for c2 but the car never made it into c2 for some reason....i have no character ideas jus thought i could offer a half started model that's been sittin on my hard drive....hate to let anything go to waste. feel free any of you to browse through my file at hellspawn73.50megs.com/files/ ...right now i'm uploadin a previe pic under the files directory i jus gave VALHELLAPREVIE2.jpg& PREVIE2.jpg ....i made a conversion at burnout called carma 2 high octane not to be confused with the c1 high octane disc...anyhoo the conversion was around 50 megs and changed sounds combined c1 & c2 maps and contained new drones and made loops for the those drones to follow on the c1 maps and was primarily made up of only and all muscle cars from the community and had some new dedicated models that a few people were kind enough to donate to me....so right now my car modelin doesn't sound as important as gettin the engine set up since we could use existin models to test this program out. so with that said...where do we go. i know alot of people have talked about stuff around here and have landed flat on their face so no bullshit and let's keep the goals realistic. are we usin the c2 program or are we going to use the quake program that someone suggested and also what was that drivin game that someone wrote off of the quake engine so we can see it and how it turned out.
Beast
The Man

Post by Beast »

For developement sake, I suggest that everyone who makes a model, or anything interesting worth showing, should post a piccy of it in this forum, so he gets feedback from the rest of us, and offcourse, so we know what the heck this thing is gonna look like.Now, I aint much of a modeler, but I have been known to make the occasional skin or something, so I *might* help out somewhere when it comes to skinning.Otherwise, I'd be more then glad to help out in the PR department, and spread the word about this project, but in order to do that, I need something to show - like concept drawings, models etc.Working on getting DA and Bandit in here right now, hang on to your underpants..TBThe mighty lord of the bathtub
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

Beast, as of right now, the only ne of my model's that is being released for this endeavor, you posted on dTD! I feel that the Rust Raider is as good of an example as any for what I want this game to look like. I am working on some concept sketches for character's right now. I also plan on using some of the vehicle's from the zip file I sent you recently. I have no way of posting these pic's here... Beast, do you think you could possibly do it for me? It would be greatly appreciated. I need programmer's to give me an update on progress in here as soon as possible. We are also going to be requiring the services of someone who does digital animation for at least one decent cutscene. But, that comes later on. But, I do agree that pic's should be posted here to keep everyone updated on modelling progress.Laterz,Dean
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

ta da..i am here.. thanky Beast
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

You might get a cutscene out of UGM, his cutscenes are pretty nifty and very animated. Look at his site: http://www.undergroundmaster.cjb.net/
Dark Angel
angelus

Post by Dark Angel »

Hello btw
-Bandit-
turbo bastard

Post by -Bandit- »

JunkPile, do you have icq?
Deep_Blue
Road Puppy

Post by Deep_Blue »

Sorry for the silent treatment, JP, I been a lil tad bit busy drivin'.. I did however, notice what ya wanted me to do, so I'm the guy with the shit slow system that this is all s'posed to crash on, right? I'm runnin' an old P233 with oudated sound and graphics capability. Mebbe ya better hand that part of QC to somebody with a blazin' system that isn't so susceptible to lockups. I also only got about a gig and a half of free space. I'll give it my best shot tho, although the Q3 engine might not run on my rig. I assume ya wanna make yer state of the art for newer machines with no backward compatibility? (Of course- nobody wants old stuff re-canned). ??...!!
***When I die may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline***
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

I'm glad to see that so many have found their way here. Now we need to at least see some discussion on what we are all looking to contribute. I'm getting a little nervous that posting's have died off in here. I know that a lot of people still shaken about the terrorist activity here in the U.S. So, I just have to be patient. The only people I am hearing from lately are Beast & Bandit. Bandit seem's to prefer doing thing's through E-Mail. We'll see if we can't get him to start posting his idea's & such in here. I'd like to hear from all of you soon.Laterz,Dean
Junkpile
mindless

Post by Junkpile »

DB, you are the only one I know of, that is involved here, thatknow's anything about track-making. Could you maybe put something together for this?Dean
Xarathatin
hit n run

Post by Xarathatin »

Yep im in lets get it on

Check who’s online