Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon: Max Damage out now on PS4 and Xbox One

The 2016 reincarnation of Carmageddon! Thanks, SCi!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carmageddon: Max Damage out now on PS4 and Xbox One

Post by Toshiba-3 »

The polished ReinCarnation is available since tuesday/yesterday for console gamers.
http://www.carmageddon.com/news/carmage ... ge-out-now

From what I've seen in video reviews on Youtube, the game looks indeed a bit better, seems to perform correctly and handling/damage a bit rebalanced. Eager to test it myself on PC.

Has any CWA member tested it on console yet? Share your impressions :ssmile:

[youtube]aTXLzlQgh14[/youtube]
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
n3wton
Wasted!

Re: Carmageddon: Max Damage out now on PS4 and Xbox One

Post by n3wton »

Its feels like Carmageddon, but the textures and framerate is very poor, car handling is awful and makes the game virtually impossible to play, no options to change sensitivity either through the options menu - I've rage quit several times.

Seeing Carmageddon 2 (untouched) with online capabilities would of been much better personally.

I will give a more constructive view once I've had chance to play it some more.
n3wton
Wasted!

Post by n3wton »

Played it some more and came across this online review, which basically sums up my thoughts
http://www.criticalgamer.co.uk/2016/07/ ... ge-review/
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Aww, that's rather harsh! I'm kinda skeptical of reviews that don't at least mention the mindless fun the game delivers despite its flaws. This review actually starts by comparing the price to so-called PS2 graphics, no need to read further :crazy:

Makes you wonder whether professional critics are even still able to enjoy a game at all. Aren't they taking the game and their own gaming skills too seriously? When you look at amateur reviewers on Youtube, most of them are laughing through the whole review as they discover the game mechanics. Graphics are completely irrelevant to Carmageddon really, yet they are ok here IMO. C1 and C2 too were noted to be rather unattractive graphics-wise back then. Framerate is another matter, I understand the more the merrier. However again, Carma isn't a fast game at all and I feel like keeping such a framerate while doing this much physics calculation is already a feat on its own.

I'm quite surprised that you mention the handling yourself, hadn't you played C:R on PC? From what I've seen... C:MD seems to have improved on that matter! Haven't you been too accustomed to playing proper racing sims lately maybe? Again, C1/C2 handling are god-awful at first play.

Ofcourse, I haven't played C:MD yet but I really feel like the game is still suffering from unconsciously comparing it to certain other games, and is not properly evaluated for what it intrinsically offers.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Hmm, I haven't played C:MD yet, but I have read a bunch of reviews. While reading them I noticed that the majority of them seem to be regarding C:MD as a triple-A title or something similar while it was actually made as an Indie game. Let's not forget that it has been developed by a relative small team using limited financial resources... Perhaps our expectations are way too high?

I get that the game has it's flaws. From my experience with Reincarnation I have to admit I have mixed feelings about it as well. But then again, I was playing an unfinished game, on a dated machine, with lowest settings... So I will withhold from giving my final opinion for now.

Check who’s online