Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon Max Pack gift on Steam

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carmageddon Max Pack gift on Steam

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Stainless Games decided to give the GOG version of Carmageddon Max Pack to all C:R early access customers via Steam! If you own C:R early access, chances are that you already got your C1 gift in Steam.
In one week, the pack will be available to any Steam buyer.
The win95 patch will roll out shortly as well.

Ironically, I think this release of GOG C1 will be more user-friendly than GOG's own release.
Speaking of which, I kinda wonder what kind of deal they made in order to make a GOG release available on Steam. Maybe GOG get their usual %.

Announcement
Forum discussion
Release FAQ
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Re: Carmageddon Max Pack gift on Steam

Post by Takeshi666 »

Now in Carmageddon 2 flavor! Didn't expect I'd get one actually, since it wasn't part of the Reincarnation KS rewards.

I'm actually at a bit of a loss with what to do with it. I've basically got myself a spanking clean copy of the game with zero mods - as opposed to the same copy I've probably transferred across five different computers and took all the custom content with it. If I start modding this one, I don't even know where to start. :supercrazy:
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Start with the recent addon releases?

As a side note to GOG C2 being released via Steam, it must be known that it is the improved version I sent them (thanks to Errol for batchTwat). This means it includes the original higher resolution textures by default (as pixies and twatted) and also the fixed Eagle 3! This is really convenient considering this build provides nGlide to play the game at bigger resolutions. Good to have better textures and less apparent map seams thus.

The next vanilla C2 will feature even more 'hires' textures and should have all the Eagles fixed (amongst other things).
Takeshi666
turbo bastard

Post by Takeshi666 »

Toshiba-3 wrote:Start with the recent addon releases?
Or just the ones I actually still use. 14 years is a long time to build up clutter.
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

There's a lot of cool stuff that didn't exist 14 years ago. Tons of great cars, custom peds and new maps.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

A quick reply to this post to say I've quickly put together a V3 patch for C2.
It consists of my cracked file + Steel Gonad'O'Death hack together with GOG's modified executable (more compatibility + music playback from files (via hifi's winmm.dll))!
It includes the V2 patch and the actual ogg files for music. It also includes the hires textures in twatted format for all assets and the fixed Eagle3.

Theoretically, applying this patch on a v1 C2 should bring it up to date with the Steam/GOG release (+the Steel Gonad'O'Death bit).

Don't hesitate to test it if you can, just don't forget that it includes files like data.twt and other twatted assets that might prevent your game to load modified untwatted assets (because TWT files are loaded instead of folders).

Download there: https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/pc-files#c2 (60MB)

Check who’s online