Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Yet another C1 demo

When the mayhem started! And its expansion pack made by interns!
QTZ
hit n run

Yet another C1 demo

Post by QTZ »

I have found another version of Carmageddon Demo on PC Gamer IT CD 21

This demo look a bit earlier than Interplay demos.
Most files are the same, but:
- There is intro video with 18 rating.
- The DONE.WAV is in unique version.
- SWINGIN.WAV and SWINGOUT.WAV are also different, but it is already known from other demo.
- DEMOEND.FLI is different than in interplay version.
- Exec is in different version.
- There are more *.bdd files (BRender libraries)
- There are leftover some interesting files in root and 'memdumps' in data.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Re: Yet another C1 demo

Post by Toshiba-3 »

That DIAGNOST.TXT file is interesting. I see latest exectuables still have references to that file, but the output function might not be accessible anymore. C2 dev build has a similar feature too, very handy.

FINDER.DAT files were generated by classic Mac OS' Finder. They have no relation to C1, but are a bit interesting in this case because the one from the LIGHTS folder shows us there used to be DIRECT.LIT, POINT.LIT and SELFLIT.LIT in there before. And in the SHADETAB, it also used older BRender/PT1/BRoom default files like GAMELET.TAB and LAMBY.TAB. Makes you wonder if C1 was built upon BRoom :sgn:

Heh, checking if lomem mode is needed:

Code: Select all

0.00: PDDoWeLeadAnAustereExistance (sic): LargestBlockAvail=4530176
Also, what the hell is this for a development path:

Code: Select all

\\Stainless_fs\fartists\Flipptwo\Fintraks\Desb2\Desb2.pix
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Control + D dump series of images with different fonts test (I think I saw such dump somewhere - posted by Mastro).
I wonder if this is possible in full version and how to dump such mem-dumps files?
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

how to dump such mem-dumps files?
The game was crashing to desktop and I snapped several pictures of it via Shift D.
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Mem dumps are not graphics files - look into DATA folder there are MEMDMP00.TXT - MEMDMP0A.TXT

Control + D during race create series of font test images then game exiting or when in DOS sound start repeating forever... I have no idea what is wrong. Anyway the images are useful to test fonts. I have found that this combination also work in full version that I call 'ancient' which can be rebuild with my downgrade patch.

Check who’s online