Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Carmageddon 3D

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carmageddon 3D

Post by Toshiba-3 »

As I'm very willing to get the four cars featured in the Carmageddon 3D mobile game into Carmageddon 1, I had a closer look at it within Microsoft's device emulator.

It looks to me like like it's set between C1 and C2. The unfiltered look, lack of detachables, and yet more arcade oriented gameplay do it for the C1 part. However I was surprised to notice fire/smoke points, kind of smashables, objects/powerups (they behave the same but powerups also activate a bonus uh), 3d peds and quite nicely animated.
Some other stuff as well like shadows under the trees, and - in a similar idea - light under lampposts. Fake light from the headlights as well, and interactive brake lights (not depicted in the screenshots).

The tracks are ok, this is a mobile game after all, but the texel density is too low in some parts. Bad pixel diffusion makes some textures difficult to "read" for the eye. They are only tree tracks: Sun city (a kind of Beaver city), Country side (cross between the coast from C1 and Beaver woods?) and Dark city (it reminds me of the futuristic city in PSX Carma).

I like the look of the cars, they seem very C1-like IMO but the Hellfire one (Eagle replacement), more TDRish maybe? Dunno. They beheave quite nicely ingame and have decent physics. The driver you choose prior to the race also has an impact on the car's beheaviour.

There are some game modes: free ride, checkpoint racing and survival.

_______
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

To get it working on my computer, I installed first Virtual PC, the Windows Mobile image, the device emulator, and ActiveSync. (the order is important apparently)

ActiveSync is needed to load the game files within the device emulation. I suggest googling "mophun games launcher windows mobile" to find the game in a working form easily.

Anyway here's the article detailing the installation process.

I don't think the game is worth wasting your time installing all this stuff on your comp btw. But in case you're interested...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Carmageddon 3D

Post by Toshiba-3 »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hazardic
motorised death

Carmageddon 3D

Post by hazardic »

yeah i played it on my old pda. it's cool but these open spaces reminds me c2 while pallete and design look for me like console TM2. dunno why i have these feelings but i don't feel carma spirit. it's a shame. my dream was to launch c1 for pc (for example on the device like Sony Vaio VGN-UX1XN) and always have it ready for playing lol

Check who’s online