Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

Creative Test Tracks

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Creative Test Tracks

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Creative Test Tracks are very simple tracks showing ways to develop gameplay and leveldesign using advanced features and tricks of the C2 engine.

As additional infos, here's a list of older tracks with innovative gameplay or features:
Blunderdome by Coffeycup: giant fans throwing cars up in the air.
The Cactus by Harmalarm: giant flippers, interactive audience.
TDR Arena by Toshiba-3: simple powerful gearing system.
Solar Flare by Toshiba-3: fake cel-shaded design.
Mayan Mayhem by Toshiba-3: night time race (deep shadows with SGs).
others to come...
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Creative Test Tracks

Post by Toshiba-3 »

CTT #01

Features:
- Kind of splash screen system;
- Vertical track map;
- Faked antigravity path;
- Cool (I guess) full lit neon effect;

Notes:
To trigger the wallclimber powerup, the smashable component is helped by a gravity multiplier SFX volume.
Even with this some cars may not work, or not well. Some cars suspensions don't like the idea to climb a wall, then go through a looping.
If it doesn't work with one of your cars, just take another one, it's just a test chamber :B

The looping isn't that smooth so don't take a lowrider or a car with a very low bbox.

Ofcourse all textures and references to the Portal franchise (Aperture i.e.) is copyrighted by Valve etc.

#DOWNLOAD#
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Creative Test Tracks

Post by Razor »

Sexy textures! I love using Valves textures from the Source engine just as much (maybe even more) than I love using GTA stextures.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Creative Test Tracks

Post by Harmalarm »

hehe, nice one mister T. I just had the opportunity to test it. When in cockpit mode it is really hard to tell whether you are driving horizontal or not ;)

why exactly did you need the gravity multipyier for the trigger? Without it it would not get enough impulse to work?

textures are a good pick too for a test track I would say.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Creative Test Tracks

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Yes, without the gravity multiplier, only a few cars would work like Econo's Eagle. Even with the gravity multiplier a bunch of cars have a hard time triggering the powerup.
I don't understand why... When you look at the New Sumo arena the smash triggering the elevator is a just 2-tris plane with no help etc. and it works well.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online