Creative Test Tracks
Toshiba-3 created Creative Test Tracks on Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am
Creative Test Tracks are very simple tracks showing ways to develop gameplay and leveldesign using advanced features and tricks of the C2 engine.

As additional infos, here's a list of older tracks with innovative gameplay or features:
Blunderdome by Coffeycup: giant fans throwing cars up in the air.
The Cactus by Harmalarm: giant flippers, interactive audience.
TDR Arena by Toshiba-3: simple powerful gearing system.
Solar Flare by Toshiba-3: fake cel-shaded design.
Mayan Mayhem by Toshiba-3: night time race (deep shadows with SGs).
others to come...
Toshiba-3 on Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:11 pm
CTT #01

Features:
- Kind of splash screen system;
- Vertical track map;
- Faked antigravity path;
- Cool (I guess) full lit neon effect;

Notes:
To trigger the wallclimber powerup, the smashable component is helped by a gravity multiplier SFX volume.
Even with this some cars may not work, or not well. Some cars suspensions don't like the idea to climb a wall, then go through a looping.
If it doesn't work with one of your cars, just take another one, it's just a test chamber :B

The looping isn't that smooth so don't take a lowrider or a car with a very low bbox.

Ofcourse all textures and references to the Portal franchise (Aperture i.e.) is copyrighted by Valve etc.

#DOWNLOAD#
Razor on Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:03 pm
Sexy textures! I love using Valves textures from the Source engine just as much (maybe even more) than I love using GTA stextures.
[ Razor @ Carmajunkies ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
For information about the progress of my TDR2000 to Carma2 mod visit my site @ http://r.carmajunkies.com
Harmalarm on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 pm
hehe, nice one mister T. I just had the opportunity to test it. When in cockpit mode it is really hard to tell whether you are driving horizontal or not ;)

why exactly did you need the gravity multipyier for the trigger? Without it it would not get enough impulse to work?

textures are a good pick too for a test track I would say.
Toshiba-3 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:09 am
Yes, without the gravity multiplier, only a few cars would work like Econo's Eagle. Even with the gravity multiplier a bunch of cars have a hard time triggering the powerup.
I don't understand why... When you look at the New Sumo arena the smash triggering the elevator is a just 2-tris plane with no help etc. and it works well.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Pages: 1

Extra information
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:02 pm,

Please Register a username.
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests