Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

C1 & C2 infographic

For everything that doesn't belong elsewhere.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

C1 & C2 infographic

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Something I wanted to do for a while now. A bit in the style of those "So you want to play some Doom/Duke Nukem?" ones, but I figured that C1/C2 modding is much less popular than modding those games and I had to explain a lot of basics before suggesting a selection of mods for each game.

The selection is oriented toward older gamers who are used to mod other games. That's why selected mods are mostly assets ported/remade from other old games. To show what's possible via stuff that already talks to them. Image

It'll get its own page on RR2000, but in the meantime don't hesitate to share your remarks :sbsmile:

Display the infographic via this link (4.5MB).
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Re: C1 & C2 infographic

Post by Razor »

I approve of this magic :thumbsup:
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

Niceness. I'm sure it will be helpful when redirecting all the newbies. :wink:
coffeycup
Genesis

Post by coffeycup »

Haha! That's awesome, in the real sense of the word. :rockon:
Mastro 666
motorised death

Post by Mastro 666 »

Bravo Tosh. :thumbsup:
QTZ
hit n run

Post by QTZ »

Very cool...

But...

- Are you sure Meld Pack doesn't support Glide? As far as I remember I was trying it without problems - it need just the missing exec and some root DOS related files from CD and from patch and of course DOSBox and nGlide set to play...

- instead of typing strange switched-letters cheats just replace KEYBOARD.COK for your keyboard layout (all known [by me] versions are included with Splat Pack and my patch). I don't have such keyboards to test, but it switch the keys for my keyboard, so must work as expected for the other. I know this is quick guide, but...

- and as usual I must say IWANTTOFIDDLE may cause game to corrupt some text files, which may lead to crash... Not sure, but it look like Max Pack C1 have some text files encrypted twice with two different method, which is the source of errors... I must do something with this... later...

- T-shirt format please ;)
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi QTZ, yes this is a 'quick' guide. Meld Pack is ofcourse compatible with Glide but it doesn't support it at first as it doesn't come with the necessary files. I just point it out so that users know about that fact before downloading it. I should rephrase that part I suppose.
You pointed that encryption/decryption problem several times before, but yes once again I just present the quick way to do stuff. We did it like that for more than a decade, I think they'll manage ;)
A T-shirt of it would be quite super long..!

Added a button on RR to access the infographic page:
https://rr2000.cwaboard.co.uk/the-infographic (clear your cache if needed, page should be red!)
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Sleep Dirt
hit n run

Post by Sleep Dirt »

I think thats top notch Tosh, very very cool!!!
The Ocean Is the Ultimate Solution.

Check who’s online