The deformable airport railings

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

The deformable airport railings

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Is railing even the proper term? More like the frames. Ah well. This is something I almost forgot and always thought it was very interesting, as it somehow illutrates mesh deformation within C2:
railings.jpg
Cesm used to talk a lot about this (here, here and here - search for 'railing') and wanted to be able to exploit that bug.

Apparently mapping vertices are the cause of this. I haven't got a look at it myself yet, I hope Harm's Carmatools will keep the mapping/vertices intact when importing in MAX. Smashing hard enough into these windows produce this effect, what triggers the deformation? How to control it?

's all for now :slol: just wanted to bring this back on the table!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: The deformable airport railings

Post by Harmalarm »

Hm, I don't really see the need to do this as we can already have different meshes per smashable using the 'replacemodel' smash type right?

about the carmatools and keeping the texture uv's; There is a big chance it doesn't. Actually I am quite sure it doesn't. Recent changes with the optimize function made it even more tricky to achieve this, because the whole vertex order is shifting... BUT, I will add it to my ever growing list of things to investigate ;)