Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

The deformable airport railings

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

The deformable airport railings

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Is railing even the proper term? More like the frames. Ah well. This is something I almost forgot and always thought it was very interesting, as it somehow illutrates mesh deformation within C2:
railings.jpg
railings.jpg (120.42 KiB) Viewed 3297 times
Cesm used to talk a lot about this (here, here and here - search for 'railing') and wanted to be able to exploit that bug.

Apparently mapping vertices are the cause of this. I haven't got a look at it myself yet, I hope Harm's Carmatools will keep the mapping/vertices intact when importing in MAX. Smashing hard enough into these windows produce this effect, what triggers the deformation? How to control it?

's all for now :slol: just wanted to bring this back on the table!
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Tags:
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Re: The deformable airport railings

Post by Harmalarm »

Hm, I don't really see the need to do this as we can already have different meshes per smashable using the 'replacemodel' smash type right?

about the carmatools and keeping the texture uv's; There is a big chance it doesn't. Actually I am quite sure it doesn't. Recent changes with the optimize function made it even more tricky to achieve this, because the whole vertex order is shifting... BUT, I will add it to my ever growing list of things to investigate ;)

Check who’s online