Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

AdR's Cullwing

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

AdR's Cullwing

Post by Toshiba-3 »

CULLWING

Three years later it's finally here.
AdR's model, my C2 setup. One of my finest I think.
All the usual features from me
+textures with no bulletholes
+clean version +four color themes
+alt. more realistic physics/handling
+alt. window textures for software mode (via tiffx)

Download Cullwing at Road Reaction!

Don't miss the readme.txt:
HOW TO INSTALL IT?

First proceed as usual, extract the content of the archive into your C2 folder, then install the C2C with Carstockalypse. If you want to drive the add-on as it is, with C1 arcade handling rusty/bloody skin and bulletholes, you're good to go!

But if bulletholes bother you, navigate to [C2 folder]\data\CARS\cullwing and copy the content of the \no_bulletholes folder up into the cullwing one.

If you actually want to drive a clean version of this model, you must instead copy the content of \clean_300sl and overwrite everything in the cullwing dir. You can then choose one color theme from the four .mat files located in the \clean_300sl\colours folder, rename it to cullwing.mat and replace the one in the cullwing folder.

And finally, you might want to have more realistic physics at handling etc. and so head to the \real_physics folder and copy cullwing.txt in there to overwrite the main one in the cullwing root folder.

You shoud be set now :)

nb: If you have issues going from a texture set to another, try removing the PIX16 folder from the cullwing directory. Carmageddon 2 will generate pix files automatically.

nb2: Pay also attention that in case you're playing in software mode, colors won't work on the clean model version (textures will appear white).

SOME WORDS ABOUT THIS ADD-ON'S FEATURES

This add-on should be fully featured when it comes to taking advantage of C2 as a game engine. It comes with distance LOD model (simple_model), a SHELL (intact and smoother model), animated objects and a steering wheel working in cockpit view, the usual level of smashable materials, detachable parts and some with a hinge, a reasonable bounding box and tweaked crushing limits, two sets of physics, two versions of the model and four color themes, some alt. textures for the 8bit mode of the game.

NOTES

The triangle count is 5479 triangles, 740 of these are for the driver model.
You will also understand that the clean model version isn't an accurate 300 SL. You should rather see it as a clean Cullwing ;)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

AdR's Cullwing

Post by Razor »

Looks brilliant, Tosh. This is a great release.

[quote=Pip the Pest]God! I remember when AdR first showed this over at CWA years ago it was for a carma tribute or something, and I remember wanting that so much. So thank you Tosh and (AdR)[/quote]

Exactly this.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Pip the pest
turbo bastard

AdR's Cullwing

Post by Pip the pest »

God! I remember when AdR first showed this over at CWA years ago it was for a carma tribute or something, and I remember wanting that so much. So thank you Tosh and (AdR) you have just made the end of a bad week good. :)
hazardic
motorised death

AdR's Cullwing

Post by hazardic »

errr.. i wondered what happened with this all the time. but it's an another hi-poly remake for my carma remake pack, great!
AdR
pimp

AdR's Cullwing

Post by AdR »

You know you rule Tosh! I admire your patience with setting up all the stuff to get it running, and splitting the UV's... ouch!

Anyway, good job... nice to see it's alive now!
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

AdR's Cullwing

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Splitting the UVs... yeah it's all about patience and the good process/order of operation.
Not sure I would do all this too often. It was worth it here though :p

Now I have Beroc's Iron Horse sitting on my comp. Would require much much less UV splitting to get it correctly in C2 but mleh... "I dunno".
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
n3wton
Wasted!

AdR's Cullwing

Post by n3wton »

Great job as per usual Tosh! (and AdR of course) ;)

Check who’s online