Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

- MINESHAFTED - Powerslide track conversion

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

[nmg]https://harm.cwaboard.co.uk/images/mine.jpg[/nmg]

NOTES

This track is a conversion of the track coming from Poweslide. This racing game, placed in a post-apocalyptic atmosphere has a lot of interesting
tracks, very suitable for carmageddon 2.

The track has been converted by Errol mid 2009. I don't know how he did it, but he did a fucking great job.
Final track editing such as checkpoints, powerups, opponent paths, ped spawn and material modifyers are done by me.

DOWNLOAD (5,03MB)
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

Post by Razor »

O_O Wowie!! Reminds me of Beaver County Quarry (the screenshot at least.)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

I kept the 256² textures :cool:
The whole atmosphere works well in C2, if you had more time adding fake lighting in the tunnels could have been a nice feature. The shadows there are already a gooden.
It's a bit small but it races well IMO, I just have a hard time with the jump near the end of the lap. BTW those deadend barrier-type of things hurt a lot, could have been heavy noncars instead of static mesh I think.
The peds and powerups clearly adds a lot to the gamplay, makes me wonder what Powerslide really relies on have some replay value. But why did you put peds and mines in unreachable areas? Invisable walls like in your DD2 mod does a good job.

There's just a thing that saddens me: the hardedges made by the preprocessing :( Was the track one big object? Splitting a terrain is difficult but IMO hardedges at texture borders are better than arbitrary hardedges a bit everywhere.

What's the next one? The Dam?? It's the Dam uh? Right on, the Dam :swheel:
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

Post by Harmalarm »

[quote=Toshiba]There's just a thing that saddens me: the hardedges made by the preprocessing[/quote]

This is a big bummer indeed. It looks great unpreprocessed. I cut the track model in seperate pieces where I thought the preprocessing would fuck it up, but I still got a lot of unwanted edges. Most of the smoothing had to be done manually on this one too.

[quote=Toshiba]But why did you put peds and mines in unreachable areas?[/quote]

:) Hehe, just to tease all of you. There are only powerup mines there. I didn't mean to have peds walking around there actually, heh.

Next one of the tracks will be the LUGE track, you guys will like it.
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

Post by Toshiba-3 »

[quote]LUGE track[/quote]
Yay for material modifiers!
Gonna be an easy port I guess.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction

Check who’s online