Dear returning Carmageddon fans Image

These last years, the CWA Board assimilated what was archived from many old Carmageddon forums, including the whole of the Official Carmageddon.com Forums.
If you wish to merge any previous account you might have had with your new or existing CWA account, don't hesitate to reach out to us !

DD22C2TC

The greatest unfinished sequel ever!
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Does seem to stick out like a sore-thumb somewhat :)
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
wreckin
pedestrian

DD22C2TC

Post by wreckin »

A few of us tried to play this via Hamachi but weren't successful. Each tried to host but we weren't able to see the host server come up. Our setup(checking to see we're doing the steps right) in the DD2C2TC loader was first select the client's Hamachi address(5.xx) in Local Address. Then click auto-detect in the broadcast address, then check DD2 or DD1, press Play, enter Multiplayer and choose Host. Then we changed it a little by having each client input their local Hamachi address into the broadcast address so they were the same but this didn't make a difference. So we're out of ideas and wondering if this can be fixed so that online play works : D.
I don't think it was a firewall problem either, I added the exception to mine and the others did too.
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

hm let me see.

first of all, were you able to ping eachother via the hamachi client. This ensures that the firewall is not the problem.

You did it right the first time with the launcher, entering the hamachi local Ip and pressing autodetect, so that is not the problem.

it can also take some time before the hosts apear by the way, I noticed this a while back.

To me it sounds like it is either a connection error ( firewall, or something else), or there is something wrong with the launcher. I will check the launcher today between my two systems (cannot do it right now)

I will report back on this asap.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

I could ping them yesterday, tried :)

A other problem, try hosting a DD1 game - it crashes.
Tried to reinstall the mod, still the same.

Error? :)
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

hm, I have the same problem here with not being able to connect. I think it has to do with the net-settings that I have been playing with.

I fixed the issue of dd1 not being able to host, so that one is out of the way. I will look into the other issue today, so until it is fixed, there is no LAN play.

damnit... :(
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Haha, tell me if there is anything I can help with. I am reachable at most times at my email, theveryend2@gmail.com.

Just shout if you need something tested.

Edit: Oooh, played with LAN settings, what are you trying to archive? :D
Stifado
mechanic

DD22C2TC

Post by Stifado »

[quote=wreckin]Our setup(checking to see we're doing the steps right) in the DD2C2TC loader was first select the client's Hamachi address(5.xx) in Local Address. Then click auto-detect in the broadcast address, then check DD2 or DD1, press Play, enter Multiplayer and choose Host.[/quote]

Make sure that the Broadcast address is indeed the broadcast address for the Hamachi subnet.

While auto detect will find it correctly, if you use more than one network adapter (like Hamachi), auto-detect will find the broadcast address for the first adapter in this list: (Windows XP) Control Panel > Network Connections > Advanced settings

[quote=wreckin] Then we changed it a little by having each client input their local Hamachi address into the broadcast address so they were the same but this didn't make a difference.[/quote]

Clients should not put their local address in the broadcast address, because this makes no sense :P

Broadcast address is the address of the computer hosting the game.

[quote=Dudleif]A other problem, try hosting a DD1 game - it crashes.
Tried to reinstall the mod, still the same.[/quote]

Note that if the executable is changed, CarmaUDP may patch at wrong offsets, thus crashing the game.

CarmaUDP patches at predefined offsets, and does not perform a search 'n' replace.

Also, try disabling any anti-virus.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

The Broadcast address allways seems to be 255.255.255.0 for every computer, is it meant to be that? In earlier versions (shot me if I am wrong) I though it stod the Hamachi adress there :)

When it comes to the launcher I lack the computer skils to check the values it are refering to. It might just be a simply error, like redirecting to some wrong adresses, but some parts of me thinks it ain't just that easy :p

I'll let the pro's find out that ;)
Stifado
mechanic

DD22C2TC

Post by Stifado »

I'm not a networking expert either, but 255.255.255.0 is clearly wrong. From what I know, the broadcast address is the last address in the subnet, and addresses ending in 0 (like this one) are invalid...

When you say "in earlier versions", you mean of the lanucher?
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

well, the problem is not in the launcher, because even when I use the original launcher, with a renamed game executable, the network option is still unavailable. I could have hex-edited the executable in a way which makes LAN-play unavailable, but I doubt this to be honest, since the last time I tried it it still worked.

I sure as hell hope this isn't the problem, otherwise It will be hard to get back right.

I have a strong feeling it might be related to the net-options for each different game-rule setting. (checkpoint stampede, fox 'n hound, that sort of thing.) As I made all the gameplay rules the same, the game might get confused? The same happened with the car/opponents list

I don't have much time to test stuff, but will keep looking for the error.

Is there a way to verify whether I screwed up the original game executable too much so that UDP cannot find the right offsets anymore? Tosh replaced the software/hardware option for a dd1/dd2 option, but basically both dd1mod_hw.exe and dd2mod_hw.exe are the same beside the texture differences and opponents references.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

[quote=Stifado]I'm not a networking expert either, but 255.255.255.0 is clearly wrong. From what I know, the broadcast address is the last address in the subnet, and addresses ending in 0 (like this one) are invalid...

When you say "in earlier versions", you mean of the lanucher?[/quote]

Indeed.
Earlier the two adress lines seemed to be the one and same, now it gives this 255 adress.

Harm - I am not sure what causes this, gues the best way will be trail and error, ruling out and by one error scource.
Stifado
mechanic

DD22C2TC

Post by Stifado »

...CamaUDP uses a poor way to find out Carmageddon's version, based on file size. If you have changed the size of the executable (eg. adding a new section), then this is going to be a problem. You can simply fix it, by altering the source code of CarmaUDP.dll, by the time the patch RVAs in the source code reference the "correct" address...

...there is a way to test if the executable is "relocated"... check the data pointed by the RVAs (found in the source code; for the appropriate version), so that they match both your "new" executable and an older one...

[quote=Dudleif]Indeed.
Earlier the two adress lines seemed to be the one and same, now it gives this 255 adress.[/quote]

This is... wierd. If the original launcher doesn't cause the same problem...

Can you provide us with some data about what's going on over there? Like: your OS, your IP and subnet mask, the version of Carmageddon executable you use, and the results of the launcher(?).
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

DD22C2TC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Hi. The executables didn't change that much. Weight is still the same etc. The problem comes from the way I edited the launcher. By loading a second executable through the software radio button of the launcher I forgot it implied the launcher patching the second executable as it was a software one etc. See what I mean?
We must either find another way to load both versions or change carmaudp to make it patch both executables at the same offset. Etc.
Will be back home tomorrow.
Image / carmageddon add-ons at road reaction
Stifado
mechanic

DD22C2TC

Post by Stifado »

Understood.

Well, by the time DD2C2TC doesn't utilize the software version, I cannot see the reason for having an option to load either executable in software mode... Besides, who plays in software version these days? :P
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

What about just duplicating the launchers, one for DD1 and one for DD2, would that make any problems or cause a lot of painfull work?

Either way, keep us updated :D
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

making two launchers is an option, but it would be cooler to do it in a single go.

I'm not sure using the software button is the problem, as the dd2 mod is not working on lan either, while this executable is still loaded on the hardware side.

As I said before, even the dd1 version is not working using the original Carma UDP launcher, so the problem is not only in the new dd launcher. It might even not be in the launcher at all. :s

I will mess around today, try to figure out what causes all of this
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

the problem regarding LAN play comes from the Launcher, as Tosh already predicted. For now, you guys can use the original Carma UDP launcher and rename either executable to carma2_hw.exe.

PROOF! :)

[nmg]dd2.harmsollie.nl/dd2images/LANplay.jpg[/nmg]
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

NEWZ

Yes people, after long and hard work it is finally there! The unlimited, fully featured final release of the Destruction derby Total conversion for Carmageddon 2

it has been a long run. Starting in December 2009 with an initial idea of just creating one track and a car pack, the mod started growing. With a lot of patience and devotion to both game franchises I was able to recreate all cars and tracks to full detail. With help of people from the Carmageddon community the mod got it's final funky touches, enabling YOU to play destruction derby on the Carmageddon engine.

The Carmageddon engine features a more dynamic damage system. Meshes can deform randomly, the different texture stages and scrap material make each crash chaotic looking.
The replay function makes it possible to relive every action from any angle, specially useful for all those movie makers out there!

Modern day systems have a hard time dealing with old games, but with the help of a good glide wrapper the mod can be played smoothly and with high resolution!
for windows xp and vista users, the Glide wrapper from Zeckensack is a good option; www.Zeckensack.de/glide
For windows vista and windows 7, NGlide is preferable. http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/

MOD FEATURES

The mod features 13 racetracks, 6 from destruction derby 1 and 6 from destruction derby 2. For pure anhialation you can do some damage on the 5 different bowls, 1 from dd1 and 4 from dd2.

There are two different game car modes, dd1 or dd2 cars. Apart from the original franchise, you can now play with ALL the cars you want.

LAN play is working! And yes, VLAN is also possible, but only if you have a very high speed internet connection.

The rest of the game has been fully modified. All sounds and menu images have been replaced and even the gameplay physics have been altered to suit a destruction derby enviroment.

CREDITS

I would like to thank everyone who has been helpfull in the past half year to make this project possible.
Toshiba for helping me with hex editing the original launcher, a lot of carmageddon issues and tips, and work on the final launcher.
All the beta testers over at devWAM, Dudleif, Razor, John606 and those I forget
Stifado for creating the Carma UDP tool and making a special version for the mod.

DOWNLOAD

Get the automatic installer HERE
timmy76
motorised death

DD22C2TC

Post by timmy76 »

great mod harm

can i ask to use the online part do you need hamachi?
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

DD22C2TC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

Congratulation on finishing such a big beast, sir!
And you were quick with that actually.

I'm still amazed how light the final installer is...

@Timmy: Hamachi isn't necessary, only the launcher. But programs like Hamachi, Kali, etc. makes it easier to connect to eachother over Internet.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Your a beast, thanks a lot for this mod! It was a pleasure helping out with the bug hunting :)

Now spread the word people!
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

One problem!

Race 2, crossover, the time runs out. You don't get time bonus by hiting other cars and no laps is beeing countet - making it nearly impossible to crash all cars within 10 minutes.

Any changes to that? :D
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

:o damn, I will fix it Asap!

edit: Fixed it! The installer is even smaller now btw, 12Mb's.
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

Great work here, Harm. Will give this final version a go when I have time.
[ Razor @ Carmageddon Webmasters Alliance Network ] [ My Downloads ] [ My Carma Items ] [ Conversion lists ]
To download the BETA Mod and more information on my other work, visit me @ https://razor.cwaboard.co.uk
Elthib
pedestrian

DD22C2TC

Post by Elthib »

We want this mod on RFACTOR please :pppp
Razor
Stomping-on-Kittens

DD22C2TC

Post by Razor »

[quote=Elthib]We want this mod on RFACTOR please :pppp[/quote]
I wish YOU luck in recreating this for RFACTOR...
Harmalarm
road raged psycho

DD22C2TC

Post by Harmalarm »

[quote=Razor][quote=Elthib]We want this mod on RFACTOR please :pppp[/quote]
I wish YOU luck in recreating this for RFACTOR...[/quote]

My thoughts exactly! And does this mean you appreciate the work I have done for c2 or what?

it also seems to me that RFACTOR isn't really suitable for a destruction derby themed mod as the damage system isn't by far advanced enough to make it worth while. But this is from what I have seem from movies.
timmy76
motorised death

DD22C2TC

Post by timmy76 »

depends on how you code the damage with Rfactor

http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=UKBangers
GCR
hit n run

DD22C2TC

Post by GCR »

how to install dd2c2tc
Toshiba-3
BRender Actor

DD22C2TC

Post by Toshiba-3 »

A instalação é automatica e independente do C2. Tens é de instalar um "glidewrapper". Vai googlar o termo "nglide" ou "zeckensack" e glidewrapper e instala um desses. Depois isso deverá correr directamente.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

[quote=GCR]how to install dd2c2tc[/quote]

Basically you just download the zip file, then un-pack it into a own folder :)

PS!: Do not install in original Carmageddon 2 folder, it needs to be in it's own folder to work.
Dudleif
driver

DD22C2TC

Post by Dudleif »

Harm, where is the fixed downloaded version? :)
Are some people refering to the bug now, and canot manage to get past stage 2 :p

Check who’s online